New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2011 QB1 Schedule and Important Channel Defaults
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:18 pm 
Himself Fodder

http://www.buzztime.com/qb1-lineup

Take note of the bottom of this page, I will paste it below. It will affect some things at locations that are unable to program their system.

*NOTE: All Sunday night and Monday night games will be default on both Buzztime Sports and Buzztime Trivia. All Thursday night and Sunday afternoon games (10am & 1pm PT) will be default on Buzztime Sports at all locations, default on Buzztime Trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings, and selectable on Buzztime Trivia at all other locations.

BO

Post subject: Re: 2011 QB1 Schedule and Important Channel Defaults
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:39 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

Take note of the bottom of this page, I will paste it below. It will affect some things at locations that are unable to program their system.

*NOTE: All Sunday night and Monday night games will be default on both Buzztime Sports and Buzztime Trivia. All Thursday night and Sunday afternoon games (10am & 1pm PT) will be default on Buzztime Sports at all locations, default on Buzztime Trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings, and selectable on Buzztime Trivia at all other locations.

BO

Wow, there are going to be some surprised Six players at bw3's across the nation.

Last edited by Bonzo on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As a person stuck with a BWW homesite, this totally sucks. I have yet to see a person play entire QB1 game at my site in the 4+ years that the place has been open.

I had hoped to play tonight. I may call to see who the GM is tonight and if I can program it out. (I know how to program it out, I just don't have the authority to do it anymore).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:13 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Thanks for the post Bo, good to know.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:47 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Is qb one working for anyone? At my place it still has the initial screen up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:44 pm 
Hitter's Number

I went to 3 local sites. All seemed to be locked on the starting screen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:06 am 
Centenarian

Bonzo wrote:
Is qb one working for anyone? At my place it still has the initial screen up.

Because of something (not me) in Arizona power was knocked out to parts of Mexico AZ and southern CA. Which means the mother ship lost power.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

BO

Thank you. I will program them out if I can.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Last night is the exact reason QB1 should not be default. 981 sites reported for SIX, 981. The sites that had QB1 default got SHIT all night, shit (the 5s of managers that know how to program the channels was on full display last night; and BT actually said the managers know how to work the system).... BT you are a company full of dipshits..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:59 am 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
Last night is the exact reason QB1 should not be default. 981 sites reported for SIX, 981. The sites that had QB1 default got SHIT all night, shit (the 5s of managers that know how to program the channels was on full display last night; and BT actually said the managers know how to work the system).... BT you are a company full of dipshits..

QB1 was supposed to be default at only BWW locations, what's that 700 or so? The other 3300 should have defaulted to Six.

Are we sure that the 981 figure isn't mostly because of the power outage? Besides, you're still mad at the QB1 people because they put Bobby in the corner!

But hey, I'm in an ornery mood, let's fight about it. MMA style, MitchWolf can referee. :shock: :D :shock:

BO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
QB1 was supposed to be default at only BWW locations, what's that 700 or so? The other 3300 should have defaulted to Six.

Are we sure that the 981 figure isn't mostly because of the power outage? Besides, you're still mad at the QB1 people because they put Bobby in the corner!

But hey, I'm in an ornery mood, let's fight about it. MMA style, MitchWolf can referee. :shock: :D :shock:

BO

Years ago I avoided Thursdays like the plague because every damn site had QB1, I wanted to play Sports Trivia Challenge. Now that I can do whatever I want, I don't have to do that. I bet those people at BWW enjoyed looking at two different channels with blank screens, since it is the default on ALL channels, not just one, BOTH for 3 hours. Awesomeness indeed...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

So glad I decided to stay in last night, although it may have been fun watching the BWW GMs trying to get the game started.

EDIT: Thanks to BO for the head's up regarding the default at BWW. I had been wondering about the QB1/trivia conflict & his post kept me from unneeded stress.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
lewser wrote:

BO

Fuck I'll referee......am i have to sit between you two at Hooters when you guys come to St Louis? :lol:

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:13 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

The manager at our BWW was blindsided by this. What an incredibly stupid decision. What will they screw up next?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:29 pm 
Himself Fodder

ranger wrote:
The manager at our BWW was blindsided by this. What an incredibly stupid decision. What will they screw up next?

That's his ignorant fault. It's on the web page, I knew about it, I posted it here specifically so people wouldn't be blindsided. You therefore should have known about it and in turn informed your manager.

I stand by this decision, it's best for the majority of the BWW's which are sports oriented. Those locations it's not best for need to have a manager with a clue, or a player with a clue and a password.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

That's his ignorant fault. It's on the web page, I knew about it, I posted it here specifically so people wouldn't be blindsided. You therefore should have known about it and in turn informed your manager.

I stand by this decision, it's best for the majority of the BWW's which are sports oriented. Those locations it's not best for need to have a manager with a clue, or a player with a clue and a password.

BO

I got the ok to program QB1 out yesterday for the day games. I left it on for the night game & tonight's games.

Hope someone actually plays it tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 am 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
-BO- wrote:
ranger wrote:

BO

I got the ok to program QB1 out yesterday for the day games. I left it on for the night game & tonight's games.

You sir, are a player with a clue. :D

And a password!

BO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:53 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
tiefly wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO

You sir, are a player with a clue. :D

And a password!

BO

BWW has marketing agreements with the NFL and the manager could be in trouble if somebody complains QB1 is not on. If you program QB1 out on the trivia channel, switch the cards network to the sports network which also has QB1 to cover the manager. The cards people may not be happy, but Buzztime programming insures someone is always unhappy.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am awaiting the day that somebody, anybody, actually complains about something regarding BT at my site.

All hell broke loose yesterday when the NFL/DirectTv package wasn't working properly, but nobody even noticed that I cancelled QB1.

Despite my site's sorta high trivia ranking, no one really plays there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tiefly wrote:
All hell broke loose yesterday when the NFL/DirectTv package wasn't working properly, but nobody even noticed that I cancelled QB1.

The bar owner tied to reboot it by himself, when DirecTv helped him out it was working well with no problems.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:28 pm 
Himself Fodder

A reminder concerning Thursday night NFL games that start tonight and run through the end of the regular season, QB1 is the default on the trivia channel at BWW's.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
A reminder concerning Thursday night NFL games that start tonight and run through the end of the regular season, QB1 is the default on the trivia channel at BWW's.

Thanx for the warning, BO. Looks like Hooters, The Edge or St Louis Sports Zone for me on the Thursday Topix n SIX