New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Suggestions to improve QB1
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here are a few sugguestions to improve QB1.

Besides the "Game Breaker" button, they should add a "Touchdown" button, where you could predict the play that is coming up will result in a touchdown for extra QB1 points.

They might also want to add a "Make it" or "Miss it" button on field goal attempts. (Yep, most are made, but if you choose "Miss it" and are right, you would get a bunch of points. How about 1 point for calling "Make it" and 20 points for "Miss it", if you are right?)

On kick offs, which are a boring waste of time, why not give you the chance to predict, within 5 yards, how far out the ball will be placed, after the recieving team returns it. Touchbacks that put it on the 20 yard line would not count.

Why not give gamblers the chance to call for a turn over, either an interception or fumble on a play for big points, if one happens?

Post subject: As dumb as my QB1 improvement suggestions were...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As dumb as my QB1 improvement suggestions were, I would have expected someone to step in and tell me why my ideas were ridiculous. I think they were silly, so I won't go to my old "silence is consent" argument. Come on, somebody make fun of my goofy ideas.

p.s. If anyone thinks they might make sense, I'd like to hear from you also. :D

Post subject: Re: As dumb as my QB1 improvement suggestions were...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:11 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
As dumb as my QB1 improvement suggestions were, I would have expected someone to step in and tell me why my ideas were ridiculous. I think they were silly, so I won't go to my old "silence is consent" argument. Come on, somebody make fun of my goofy ideas.

The only thing ridiculous about this is that it will require work on Buzztime's part to implement the ideas. The ideas aren't half bad, but Buzztime would never do the extra work to implement them

Post subject: Re: As dumb as my QB1 improvement suggestions were...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:12 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:

QB1 is a skill game, it's recognizing formations combined with team/player knowledge and acting on such. Kickoffs, FG's, TD's, etc are simply a guessing game, no skill involved. That's why these have never been a part of QB1.

Furthermore, ask yourself why SD is and always has been a great game. It's because it hasn't been messed with for a long time unlike the other games they've lessened with their changes. Same goes for QB1, it's a great game and great design. You don't screw with that.

BO

Post subject: Skill...? No guessing...?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

QB1 is a skill game, it's recognizing formations combined with team/player knowledge and acting on such. Kickoffs, FG's, TD's, etc are simply a guessing game, no skill involved. That's why these have never been a part of QB1.

Furthermore, ask yourself why SD is and always has been a great game. It's because it hasn't been messed with for a long time unlike the other games they've lessened with their changes. Same goes for QB1, it's a great game and great design. You don't screw with that.

BO

Skill...? No guessing...?

I once walked into Buffalo Wild Wings, and had to play QB1. I was doing pretty damn well, not the leader, but close to the top. Suddenly, strange things started to happen. It was then that I figured out that I was watching the wrong football game. FSHMAN had the same thing happen to him, but I believe he was in first place, when he also realised he was watching the wrong game.

Perhaps it's a good game, but I think it is a boring good game. :lol: It needs to be spiced up.

Post subject: Re: Skill...? No guessing...?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:21 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

BO

Skill...? No guessing...?

I once walked into Buffalo Wild Wings, and had to play QB1. I was doing pretty damn well, not the leader, but close to the top. Suddenly, strange things started to happen. It was then that I figured out that I was watching the wrong football game. FSHMAN had the same thing happen to him, but I believe he was in first place, when he also realised he was watching the wrong game.

Perhaps it's a good game, but I think it is a boring good game. :lol: It needs to be spiced up.

It's no different than trivia, the vast majority of the time top players know the answer to a trivia question and on rare occasion have to guess. When I play QB1, the vast majority of the time I know what the upcoming play is going to be and rarely do I have to guess. In contrast, the average trivia and QB1 player is guessing the majority of the time at their respective games.

Obviously in your above example there were no remotely decent QB1 players seeing as how you guys were simply throwing darts.

Do you think that every five questions in trivia there should be a random awarding of 1000 points to 20% of players for no reason whatsoever? Well, that's what you think is a good idea for QB1.

BO

Post subject: Why are you wasting your time sitting here in Kentucky...?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bo, why are your wasting your time sitting here in Kentucky...?

If what you say is right, you could be making millions of dollars coaching any NFL team's defense that you wanted to.

"When I play QB1, the vast majority of the time I know what the upcoming play is going to be and rarely do I have to guess."

Get that resume together and send it out. You never know what might happen...

p.s. I know you, and I think you actually could be right. Go for it, baby...! :D

Post subject: Re: Suggestions to improve QB1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:16 am 
Himself Fodder

Back when Bill Parcells was coaching the Dallas Cowboys, my teammate and QB1 equal met him in a client's backyard. Parcells was kicking back with a cold one when my buddy asked him, "How come when you line up with an ace back, two TE's stacked, and two WR's to the same side, you always run a play-action deep pass to the WR side?. Every single time for two years now." This was perhaps our greatest staple play for the Cowboys at that time in terms of QB1. Parcells supposedly looked at him as though he had seen a ghost.

Most times defenses know what's coming as well, it's just a matter of stopping them. In the late 90's when Denver won two straight Super Bowls, their staple play was the downhill pitch. Defense knew it was coming, even the announcers knew it was coming evidenced by their statements, but the D still couldn't stop it with that fast O line and Terrell Davis running the ball. Late in the season I went 5 straight games without missing a single play for Denver, they were that simple. If you knew what to look for, which very few players did. :twisted:

Even if the D knows Tom Brady is going to guaranteed pass, how often are they going to force an incompletion? Not very often.

BO

Post subject: Oh, they could do it...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

The only thing ridiculous about this is that it will require work on Buzztime's part to implement the ideas. The ideas aren't half bad, but Buzztime would never do the extra work to implement them

Oh, they could do it... Maybe not all at once, but they should try one at a time, and see how it works. I would suggest that they start with the "touchdown" pre-call first. I'd say that more points should be awarded for greater distances from the goal line, and big penalties for predicting it wrong.

Last edited by Cloudy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: BO, I understand that you are a football aficiando...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BO, I understand that you are a football aficionado, a student of the game, and know it much better than the rest of us idiots, who play QB1. However, for the idiots, such as I, the game is beyond boring. I really think that NTN should spice the game up. Right now QB1 is just half a step better than playing tic-tac-toe in my book.

Yep, tic-tak-toe uses "X's" and "O's" also.

p.s. All tic-tac-toe games wind up in ties, assuming that those, who are playing it know anything. However, when that happens, there is no overtime, thank God.

p.p.s. "Noughts and Crosses" or "OXO" was the first computer game. Yep, it was really tic-tac-toe. It didn't catch on. It needed something to spice it up. :lol:

Post subject: Re: BO, I understand that you are a football aficiando...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:43 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
BO, I understand that you are a football aficionado, a student of the game, and know it much better than the rest of us idiots, who play QB1. However, for the idiots, such as I, the game is beyond boring. I really think that NTN should spice the game up. Right now QB1 is just half a step better than playing tic-tac-toe in my book.

Then don't play. I think the Buzztime Short questions are beyond boring, but I don't suggest they make changes just to appease me, I simply don't play.

BO

Post subject: Re: Suggestions to improve QB1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yep, I try to avoid the game, but sometimes I have no choice, and have to play QB1.

p.s. Bo, I'm just messing with you, don't take my posts seriously. :D