New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AAF SI article
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:19 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Just finished reading an article in the current Sports Illustrated about the demise of the new football league.

Part of the business plan was to embrace technology and then gambling. You were going to be able to hover over players in your laptop and get trend analysis and bet on the player and their next play.

I chuckled when I saw a screen that incorporated LEFT RIGHT MIDDLE. I chuckled more when they described the lag problem from real time to broadcast. It wasn't QB1 but it is worth reading the article.

Post subject: Re: AAF SI article
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:51 pm 
Centenarian

It is funny they call it demise.Did it ever get off the ground.The crowds were low.I like football.I even watch CFL,but this league I could not get into it.

Baseball replay.Early July 1963-Scoreless in bottom of 16th inning at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.Giant pitcher Juan Marichal has thrown over 200 pitches.Warren Spahn on mound for Milwaukee Braves.Willie Mays at bat has already thrown out a batter at the plate and is hitless so far.Spahn with his 201st pitch delivers.Mays hits it deep to left.Gone!!!Giants win 1-0.Happy Birthday Willie-He turned 88 May 6.Marichal is 81.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:51 pm 
Centenarian

Bugg wrote:
...I even watch CFL...

I'd rather have needles stuck in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:46 pm 
Centenarian

Wide open game with many US players involved.It has been around along time.We all have different tastes.Soccer most popular sport in the world.Americans prefer NBA over NHL.It is all what one enjoys.It is kind of interesting though how CFL ratings spiked when Johnny Manziel played his first game.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:42 am 
Lotsa Posta

Bugg wrote:

Baseball replay.Early July 1963-Scoreless in bottom of 16th inning at Candlestick Park in San Francisco.Giant pitcher Juan Marichal has thrown over 200 pitches.Warren Spahn on mound for Milwaukee Braves.Willie Mays at bat has already thrown out a batter at the plate and is hitless so far.Spahn with his 201st pitch delivers.Mays hits it deep to left.Gone!!!Giants win 1-0.Happy Birthday Willie-He turned 88 May 6.Marichal is 81.

Now that was pitching! I own a book about that game.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 am 
Centenarian

Bugg wrote:
Wide open game with many US players involved.It has been around along time.We all have different tastes.Soccer most popular sport in the world.Americans prefer NBA over NHL.It is all what one enjoys.It is kind of interesting though how CFL ratings spiked when Johnny Manziel played his first game.

This American prefers Hockey!!!
RAY J.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:52 am 
Centenarian

Merkin wrote:
Bugg wrote:

Now that was pitching! I own a book about that game.

Lorin, what's the name of the book?
RAY J.