New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: QB1 - Trivia conflict...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Maybe I'm wrong, and someone can set me straight about a conflict between QB1 and regular trivia.

As I unterstand it, NTN moved QB1 to their sports channel some time ago, which I would have thought would have made it possible to allow QB1 players and trivia players to be able to play at the same time in a bar, as can be done with Texas Hold 'em and trivia. However, it does not seem to be the case at Buffalo Wild Wings in Middletown, KY. They told me that even though they are different NTN channels, they cannot run them both at the same time.

I'm pretty sure the people at Buffalo Wild Wings would have put trivia on some of their TV's and shown QB1 on others, if they could. Can anyone explain to me why this cannot be done?

Thanks.

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: QB1 - Trivia conflict...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:37 pm 
Himself Fodder

Do you really think anybody at a BWW knows a damn thing about how to program the BT system? They don't.

The short version is, they and you are wrong. If you want more details feel free to ask.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 am 
Lotsa Posta

The BWW in Buena Park does play both channels at the same time with no problem. We did do a little training to help them in the beginning.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:52 am 
Still a goddamn number

At the BW3's in West Allis, WI. When we walk in we notice that QB 1 and Cards are on. We usually asked if one chanel can be changed. Usually there is no one playing either channel when we went in on a sunday. When one channel is switched then usally there are some people will grab a playmaker and join in. Funny that they do this because for a while it was the most active site in wisconsin. Now a lot of there regulars moved on to better places . It was not the same as a couple years ago.

Post subject: It's great to be wrong, when you have company...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Do you really think anybody at a BWW knows a damn thing about how to program the BT system? They don't.

The short version is, they and you are wrong. If you want more details feel free to ask.

BO

It's great to be wrong, and have company to share one's stupidity with. (Being alone, when you are right is great. Being alone, when you are wrong, sucks. Having company, when you are right, gives you nothing to write home about. Having company, when you are wrong, gives you someplace to put you up for the night, and share a few drinks.) (I think these are profound words of wisdom, that have never been spoken before.)

Okay, please remove the mystery, and tell us what the deal is.

p.s. I kinda thought that I was asking for the details, with my original post.

Post subject: Could "Texas Hold 'em" be a problem...?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
The BWW in Buena Park does play both channels at the same time with no problem. We did do a little training to help them in the beginning.

Could "Texas Hold 'em" be a problem for us at Buffalo Wild Wings, where I play...?

There dosn't seem to be a problem for my bar to have both "Texas Hold 'em" and "QB1" on at the same time, nor is there any problem with "Texas Hold 'em and regular trivia being played at the same time. Could the problem we have at the Middletown Buffalo Wild Wings, be because they can't have all three on at the same time? The Buffalo Wild Wings in Middletown, always keeps "Texas Hold 'em" for the regulars, who come in just for that game. Is there a possibility that my bar cannot run all 3 NTN channels at the same time? Just guessing here.

Please let me know what you think about this possibility.

Thanks

Post subject: I kinda think you are saying...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

xray wrote:
At the BW3's in West Allis, WI. When we walk in we notice that QB 1 and Cards are on. We usually asked if one chanel can be changed. Usually there is no one playing either channel when we went in on a sunday. When one channel is switched then usally there are some people will grab a playmaker and join in. Funny that they do this because for a while it was the most active site in wisconsin. Now a lot of there regulars moved on to better places . It was not the same as a couple years ago.

I kinda think you are saying that your bar has no problem putting two of the NTN channels up on the TV's at the same time, but there might be a problem putting all three NTN channels on their TV screens at the same time.

I'm probably wrong. However, I would like to know, if you have seen QB1, Texas Hold 'em, and regular trivia all displayed on your bar's TV's at the same time.

p.s. Am I wrong in thinking that NTN now has 3 seperate channels?

Post subject: Re: I kinda think you are saying...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:38 am 
Still a goddamn number

Cloudy wrote:
xray wrote:

I kinda think you are saying that your bar has no problem putting two of the NTN channels up on the TV's at the same time, but there might be a problem putting all three NTN channels on their TV screens at the same time.

I'm probably wrong. However, I would like to know, if you have seen QB1, Texas Hold 'em, and regular trivia all displayed on your bar's TV's at the same time.

p.s. Am I wrong in thinking that NTN now has 3 seperate channels?

From my understanding they do have three seperate channels to choose from but they can only feed it to to channels on the tv.

Post subject: Re: Could "Texas Hold 'em" be a problem...?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:08 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
Gogetem wrote:

Could "Texas Hold 'em" be a problem for us at Buffalo Wild Wings, where I play...?

There dosn't seem to be a problem for my bar to have both "Texas Hold 'em" and "QB1" on at the same time, nor is there any problem with "Texas Hold 'em and regular trivia being played at the same time. Could the problem we have at the Middletown Buffalo Wild Wings, be because they can't have all three on at the same time? The Buffalo Wild Wings in Middletown, always keeps "Texas Hold 'em" for the regulars, who come in just for that game. Is there a possibility that my bar cannot run all 3 NTN channels at the same time? Just guessing here.

Please let me know what you think about this possibility.

Thanks

That is the problem. You can only have 2 of the 3 channels on concurrently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:01 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Hey Cloudy...as Gogetem says, only 2 of the 3 Buzztime Networks can be on at a single time (Trivia and Cards, Cards and Sports, Sports and Trivia). You will have to program the Sports Network on instead of the Cards network (if you want regular trivia and QB1 on as the same time). Most BWW's (as Bo attests to) do not know how to change networks. And no...I'm not getting Bo started on the whole 3 network versus 2 channel rant again 8-)
Gogetem wrote:
That is the problem. You can only have 2 of the 3 channels on concurrently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

UCFHCY wrote:
And no...I'm not getting Bo started on the whole 3 network versus 2 channel rant again 8-)

I think there's only 27 individuals across the country that know how to change channels, and 15 of them are on this board. :D :D :D

BO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

BO

HERE HERE BO

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: It's great to be wrong, when you have company...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:49 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
It's great to be wrong, and have company to share one's stupidity with. (Being alone, when you are right is great. Being alone, when you are wrong, sucks. Having company, when you are right, gives you nothing to write home about. Having company, when you are wrong, gives you someplace to put you up for the night, and share a few drinks.) (I think these are profound words of wisdom, that have never been spoken before.)

Okay, please remove the mystery, and tell us what the deal is.

p.s. I kinda thought that I was asking for the details, with my original post.

Standard setup has trivia on channel A and cards on channel B.

Something else you should know is that QB1 can be programmed on the trivia channel.

To play both trivia and QB1, program the sports channel on channel B.
To play both cards and QB1, program QB1 from the trivia manager's menu on channel A.

It's incredibly easy if you know how the system works and all the passwords, but as I said, there's only 27 of us.

BO

Post subject: Hell, it looks like QB1 will be back...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hell, it seems like QB1 will be back, now that it looks like the owners and players are coming to an agreement. Damn, I was hoping that they would be at loggerheads at least through the end of October. A full year was too much to wish for. :lol:

Pass, deep, left, gamebreaker... :(

Post subject: QB1 and the new tablets...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Now that most of the old blue trivia boxes have been replaced with the new tablets, how do you play QB1 on them?

Post subject: Re: QB1 and the new tablets...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:51 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
Now that most of the old blue trivia boxes have been replaced with the new tablets, how do you play QB1 on them?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3016

You never could play QB1 on the tablets anyway.

Post subject: Re: QB1 and the new tablets...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3016

You never could play QB1 on the tablets anyway.

Thanks, BO.

Please understand that I have been out of the loop for more than a year, and I didn't play QB1 very often when I was.

Yep, I didn't think you could play QB1 on the new tablets, unless they gave you some kind of touch screen that replicated the buttons that the old blue boxes had for predicting plays.