New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tuesday Nights
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:46 pm 
Himself Fodder

Have really sucked lately. GD repeat two weeks ago I think it was. GD repeat tonight. What we considered an awful final question in SD tonight. And then a repeat BB game. Why bother?

And the only way BT will know these have been repeat games is if loyal players inform them, otherwise they are oblivious to this.

Just pisses me off.

Post subject: Re: Tuesday Nights
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:29 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

this is pathetic. 2 out of three repeats for glory days and then a brainbuster repeat. is it unreasonable to expect somebody to have some pride.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:07 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Have really sucked lately. GD repeat two weeks ago I think it was. GD repeat tonight. What we considered an awful final question in SD tonight. And then a repeat BB game. Why bother?

And the only way BT will know these have been repeat games is if loyal players inform them, otherwise they are oblivious to this.

Just pisses me off.

Repeat BB game? Not for us, but that might explain the higher than usual scores. Admittedly I'm a bit hit and miss on BB lately since they started making pop culture a big part of what used to be the last remaining one intellectual game, so it's possible it's one I didn't bother with (depends what beer I have left) but didn't even see a repeat Q.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:09 pm 
Himself Fodder

Rhino wrote:
Repeat BB game? Not for us, but that might explain the higher than usual scores. Admittedly I'm a bit hit and miss on BB lately since they started making pop culture a big part of what used to be the last remaining one intellectual game, so it's possible it's one I didn't bother with (depends what beer I have left) but didn't even see a repeat Q.

Did you have the early question about classifying Chiron as an asteroid and comet? If so, it was a repeat.

If it wasn't a repeat, were you playing at a tablet site?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 pm 
Himself Fodder

So were there complaints raining down on FB? Did BT say the usual?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I was the only one at the Mill that recognized them as repeats. For BB, it wasn't until Q11 or so that I began recalling them...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Did you have the early question about classifying Chiron as an asteroid and comet? If so, it was a repeat.

If it wasn't a repeat, were you playing at a tablet site?

Yep I got that question. Apparently I wasn't there for the first time around. Any idea when that was? That might explain why a normally easily leaderboard score in the mid 12s got about mid 50s displayed and 90s ranked

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:28 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

We at the Whitehorse thought it was maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. Glory Days was a repeat, too, probably also 2 or 3 weeks old.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:43 am 
1st 2nd BSG?

GD and BB felt more like "planned" repeats, i.e. 3 or 4 questions lifted from one game, 5 questions from another game, etc. Maybe trying to mask question-writer turnover or vacation time. My two cents. Although the final scores indicated that maybe not everybody got the repeats.

FOOSE

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

I just checked Facebook, and didn't see anything about it from either players or BT. I thought about posting on Wednesday, but I've kind of given up on thinking BT will ever have any kind of quality control that would prevent things such as repeat games from happening. It will be really interesting when the tablets get their "order and pay" functions and that lack of quality control results in people being charged for stuff they didn't order, or having their credit/debit cards rejected for no reason, or some other way things get screwed up when companies aren't constantly monitoring, checking, and correcting to anticipate situations and prevent mistakes from happening, especially those that adversely affect their customers/users.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

AARDVK wrote:
-BO- wrote:

I just checked Facebook, and didn't see anything about it from either players or BT. I thought about posting on Wednesday, but I've kind of given up on thinking BT will ever have any kind of quality control that would prevent things such as repeat games from happening. It will be really interesting when the tablets get their "order and pay" functions and that lack of quality control results in people being charged for stuff they didn't order, or having their credit/debit cards rejected for no reason, or some other way things get screwed up when companies aren't constantly monitoring, checking, and correcting to anticipate situations and prevent mistakes from happening, especially those that adversely affect their customers/users.

Brooke/AARDVK

I don't think BWW would put up with that with the tablets. And they have some sharp upper level folks; I've met some.They wouldn't roll out a disaster.

I'm thinking that somehow BT is going to get the job done on that.