New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Can we not review locations anymore?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

On the website for locations I can't find the review/make a review section. Did we lose the ability to rate sites?

Post subject: Re: Can we not review locations anymore?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

mrgray wrote:
On the website for locations I can't find the review/make a review section. Did we lose the ability to rate sites?

Apparently, yes:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2772

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:48 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thanks. I was worried about repeating a topic but I checked around and didn't see that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 pm 
Himself Fodder

I've always wondered why posters don't view this site by active topics.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Scaratings.com as a URL defaults straight to the Active Topics page (or at least it does for me), but the window for Active Topics is 7 days (or at least it is for me). The first thread about site reviews being discontinued was 13 days dormant (last post October 10) at the moment the second thread was started (October 23 at noon). So it wouldn't have been there.
Are those defaults the same for everyone? That's a separate curiosity I sometimes have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:03 am 
King or Queen Postalot

whales wrote:
Scaratings.com as a URL defaults straight to the Active Topics page (or at least it does for me), but the window for Active Topics is 7 days (or at least it is for me). The first thread about site reviews being discontinued was 13 days dormant (last post October 10) at the moment the second thread was started (October 23 at noon). So it wouldn't have been there.
Are those defaults the same for everyone? That's a separate curiosity I sometimes have.

My settings are different. I default to the list of all the forums and subforums, and within those, I get every topic in order of freshness. Can't remember if I set it up that way, or if that's how this site came to me from the factory

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
I've always wondered why posters don't view this site by active topics.

search.php?search_id=active_topics

That's always the page I land on. Shows all the active topics but as Whales pointed out it defaults to 7 days but that can be changed at the bottom of the page to 2 weeks or longer.

I know Cloudy never looks at that page to see what's going on. :mrgreen: But he hasn't been on here for awhile, still too busy in NY I guess.

In addition to the no site reviews BT also removed all player's username ID, just handles now.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
In addition to the no site reviews BT also removed all player's username ID, just handles now.

I seen that on the player plus leaderboard

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:49 am 
Dominoes

I'm really late to post on this topic, but I can't believe Buzztime did away with the ability to post reviews! I try to review every location that I play at and look forward to seeing all the others who do the same. Not to mention the historcal data that we lost with some of the legendary players reviews both dead and alive! I always loved Jimmy G's reviews RIP. I also always enjoyed SOB's reviews as well as other current legendary players and the places that they played at. It made me want to go there!

I think Buzztime has made yet another crucial mistake with this decision! Dave WARZNE.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 pm 
Centenarian

warzne wrote:
I'm really late to post on this topic, but I can't believe Buzztime did away with the ability to post reviews! I try to review every location that I play at and look forward to seeing all the others who do the same. Not to mention the historcal data that we lost with some of the legendary players reviews both dead and alive! I always loved Jimmy G's reviews RIP. I also always enjoyed SOB's reviews as well as other current legendary players and the places that they played at. It made me want to go there!

I think Buzztime has made yet another crucial mistake with this decision! Dave WARZNE.

I also am disappointed that NTN Buzztime got rid of the location reviews from their website. I used them to find out what the place would be like before I visited there, just like Yelp! reviews do. But like Yelp!, those postings would also include any negative reviews from patrons.

I guess the bar owners probably didn't want the NTN site to have any negative reviews, which might have scared off any potential customers. And those owners may have privately told NTN to delete the feature. :x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:00 pm 
Dominoes

It is truly disappointing Seka. The more I think about not being able to post about a new place, which I usually would be nice by the way, really irks me! It was just a way for players to say "hey I was here!" :x