New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rockin' Crepes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:05 pm 
Himself Fodder

The time should be 830e/530p with the lead in specialty game starting at 5. That way BT keeps the players in the east and the players in the west are able to make the premium but maybe not the specialty lead in. Player count in the east did rise a tiny bit with the earlier start. I think 830e/530p would combine the best of both worlds, and that's when SD started for many years with no issues from either coast.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:29 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

What about starting the premium games at 5:30? This would give those of us in the west that get off at 5 time to get to the location, and the east would start at 8:30. I am open to whatever happens that does away with the split. If the west was at 5 I would probably just close my shop a few minutes earlier on team play nights.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:24 pm 
Gettysburg

I miss a lot of premium games during the week anyway and was thinking of the split ending more in terms of playing CD during nonpremium hours. Saturday and Sunday and later weekday nights would be much more fun if they were national. I'm aware some games are (Sunday afternoons) but I would like a lot more. Monday night my 9:00 and 9:30 CD games had 82 and 81 players.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

SoCal RHYNO wrote:
I miss a lot of premium games during the week anyway and was thinking of the split ending more in terms of playing CD during nonpremium hours. Saturday and Sunday and later weekday nights would be much more fun if they were national. I'm aware some games are (Sunday afternoons) but I would like a lot more. Monday night my 9:00 and 9:30 CD games had 82 and 81 players.

Just remember when the dumbasses at Buzztime said, 'we would have MORE competition because of the split?'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:56 pm 

spotes wrote:
I noticed a while back that a lot of folks in the PST zone were putting their accounts into Rockin' Crepes. I assume this was a concerted effort to get the top bar ranking.
I see you guys are at 1122 golds. Well done.
To think... you're only 366 golds away from the highest total that it took me and a whopping three buddies to achieve... :mrgreen:
Just kidding, Gambit. I know you're sensitive.

Is this another experiment like the DannyK winning 100 premium games deal from 2010?
What are you kids up to?

Sorry for the late reply... don't check this website as much as I used to. Several months ago LILJOL and LEWSER made it down to Rockin' Crepes to play with us on a Friday night, and everyone in attendance made "the Decision" to transfer our accounts to RC. We had planned on drawing out the suspense by regaling the world of the intense drama that led to such a momentous occasion, and then televise our final announcement to all our Buzztime fans, but then we realized no one gives a damn (except for maybe Bargo's, who we supplanted at #1).

Anyway, it's nice to know that the gold medal record is 1488. What the hell, I guess the SoCal team will break that one as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yotcho wrote:
spotes wrote:
I noticed a while back that a lot of folks in the PST zone were putting their accounts into Rockin' Crepes. I assume this was a concerted effort to get the top bar ranking.
To think... you're only 366 golds away from the highest total that it took me and a whopping three buddies to achieve... :mrgreen:

Is this another experiment like the DannyK winning 100 premium games deal from 2010?
What are you kids up to?

Sorry for the late reply... don't check this website as much as I used to. Several months ago LILJOL and LEWSER made it down to Rockin' Crepes to play with us on a Friday night, and everyone in attendance made "the Decision" to transfer our accounts to RC. We had planned on drawing out the suspense by regaling the world of the intense drama that led to such a momentous occasion, and then televise our final announcement to all our Buzztime fans, but then we realized no one gives a damn (except for maybe Bargo's, who we supplanted at #1).

Anyway, it's nice to know that the gold medal record is 1488. What the hell, I guess the SoCal team will break that one as well.

It's a big number, but I'm sure you guys can pull it off.
It didn't really feel that difficult to do when we did it; just a natural by-product of playing three days a week when the BT games were in the mix with CD games during the afternoon.
Of course, we didn't have one of the highest medal earners in the country playing practically everywhere but the bar itself feeding us hundreds of medals. That must be nice.
Good luck. Go get 'em.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Yotcho wrote:
spotes wrote:

What are you kids up to?

It didn't really feel that difficult to do when we did it.
Of course, we didn't have one of the highest medal earners in the country going around to everywhere but our bar feeding us hundreds of medals. That must be nice.
Good luck. Go get 'em.

Well, hell. Nowadays, *not* everywhere. Image

FWIW, my last visit anywhere outside the west was way back in 2006, to Charlotte when BADBOB was still there. Due to my major distaste for flying Image, it is highly unlikely that I'll ever go anywhere that's more than a day's drive away. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
spotes wrote:
Yotcho wrote:

It didn't really feel that difficult to do when we did it.
Of course, we didn't have one of the highest medal earners in the country going around to everywhere but our bar feeding us hundreds of medals. That must be nice.
Good luck. Go get 'em.

Well, hell. Nowadays, *not* everywhere. Image

FWIW, my last visit anywhere outside the west was way back in 2006, to Charlotte when BADBOB was still there. Due to my major distaste for flying Image, it is highly unlikely that I'll ever go anywhere that's more than a day's drive away. Image

Yeah, I noticed a steady diet of Cali sites in your gameplay history, LJ. Curiosity got the better of me, so I was looking up how many of your 408 gold medals you had earned while actually playing at the RC.
It was a whopping 5, BTW.
I'm starting to doubt your brand loyalty... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:59 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The biggest flaw in the bar rankings is that the gold medals are not necessarily accululated by the bar where they are earned. It's merely a ranking of bars whose members have won the most gold medals wherever they play.

Look out, SPOTES, all they have to do to beat your record is recruit a few more top performers to call RC home for a few days to beat your record. Did 86th St earn all theirs at home when they set the high mark?

There's some folks up in Edmonton with a whole slew of medals. Maybe they'd like to be Californicators for a while?

NTN really ought to fix that but it would probably entail a few lines of code and they probably think this works just fine anyway and ain't no one gonna complain except us annoying purists so why bother?

b

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:

There's some folks up in Edmonton with a whole slew of medals. Maybe they'd like to be Californicators for a while?

NTN really ought to fix that but it would probably entail a few lines of code and they probably think this works just fine anyway and ain't no one gonna complain except us annoying purists so why bother?

b

Really, comparing some cheating fucks to people who house their points at Rockin Crepes?

Just a quick note, on this side we can't earn medals for over a third of the day. While the East can earn them the full day. Last Friday the 9:30 CD game had 161 people, a 161 damn people (and I was 5 of them)! Let me repeat that ON A FRIDAY AT 9:30! Hell some specialty games we don't have enough people to earn medals.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:
The biggest flaw in the bar rankings is that the gold medals are not necessarily accululated by the bar where they are earned. It's merely a ranking of bars whose members have won the most gold medals wherever they play.

Look out, SPOTES, all they have to do to beat your record is recruit a few more top performers to call RC home for a few days to beat your record. Did 86th St earn all theirs at home when they set the high mark?

b

I want to say that there had to be less than twenty gold medals that weren't earned at 86th Street.
That's assuming any Triviapalooza medals were still on there.
Twenty may be optimistic, given that the lag at those things means I usually come back with about a tenth of the gold medals that I would have gotten playing the same amount of time at my home bar. But at least at the TP events people bring me Dr. Pepper. Yay! So we'll call that one a push.
Our guys just never really played at other sites.

I get what you're saying about medal "integrity" but quite honestly I wasn't really worried about it. My apathy gene is far too dominant for that.
It's just a convenient topic to blow some crap their way. It's a hobby.
Norman had taxidermy. I have this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

lewser wrote:
S O B wrote:

b

Really, comparing some cheating fucks to people who house their points at Rockin Crepes?

Just a quick note, on this side we can't earn medals for over a third of the day. While the East can earn them the full day. Last Friday the 9:30 CD game had 161 people, a 161 damn people (and I was 5 of them)! Let me repeat that ON A FRIDAY AT 9:30! Hell some specialty games we don't have enough people to earn medals.

Well, hell. Seems like more than a lil explaining from the OP as to what was meant by that is in order. :roll:

With standard time returning, I'd suggest that the Pacific and Mountain time zones may not be eligible for medals starting at 8 PM. That's blatantly unfair to us, especially given the imbalance of sites between both sides of the FSPLIT. :evil:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well ILLJOL, BWW Gaithersburg MD tried to help out the qualifying box numbers for the west last night by joining in for a few games after the scrambled rounds Playback game.

We did see the site poor one on top with a 14600 at a Black Anus in El Cajon. There was plenty of players at that time, 2075, for a gold. However, as you know, your later 8pm possible gold only had 166 as the east was playing LS. Not that you needed a 410th gold. :roll:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Not that you needed a 410th gold. :roll:

Nuts. :lol: They're not so much for me, but for Rockin' Crepes. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:03 pm 

It's official, the old record of 1,488 gold medals has been left in the dust.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:38 pm 
Himself Fodder

Yotcho wrote:

I see on BT's site where that is listed, but I just can't remember seeing this site on the national boards. Weird.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 pm 

-BO- wrote:
Yotcho wrote:

I see on BT's site where that is listed, but I just can't remember seeing this site on the national boards. Weird.

That is weird. Since every RC player is unemployed, our favorite time to play is from 2-4:30 in the afternoon (usually the only nationally ranked time slot before 10pm). I guess we just suck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yotcho wrote:

That's weird...
When I count up all the golds obtained from folks playing at RC, it only comes up to 1090.
It looks like you kids have about 400 to go.
Better get crackin'... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:29 am 
Phosphorus

spotes wrote:
Yotcho wrote:

That's weird...
When I count up all the golds obtained from folks playing at RC, it only comes up to 1090.
It looks like you kids have about 400 to go.
Better get crackin'... :mrgreen:

This leaves me with a question ... This made me curious so I went and looked at my site. As of now, we are listed 47 golds, 12 silver, 9 bronze. But when you go and add up the individual totals, they are 50-12-10. Further, the only other guy who wins medals on any regular basis at all moved away two years ago but continues to keep BWW Shreveport as his home site. So, as this thread has made clear, the total count should reflect medals won wherever, and apparently does, yet we're still short some. Anybody know why that might be the case?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

jeffsadow wrote:
This leaves me with a question ... This made me curious so I went and looked at my site. As of now, we are listed 47 golds, 12 silver, 9 bronze. But when you go and add up the individual totals, they are 50-12-10. Further, the only other guy who wins medals on any regular basis at all moved away two years ago but continues to keep BWW Shreveport as his home site. So, as this thread has made clear, the total count should reflect medals won wherever, and apparently does, yet we're still short some. Anybody know why that might be the case?

The website just hasn't adjusted for the three that were earned yesterday at your bar.
I've noticed that the system is sometimes tardy in updating bar stats even though player stats are up to date.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:55 am 
Phosphorus

spotes wrote:
jeffsadow wrote:

The website just hasn't adjusted for the three that were earned yesterday at your bar.
I've noticed that the system is sometimes tardy in updating bar stats even though player stats are up to date.

Ah, as of this morning they do match. And I suspect that sites are under the same six month rule as are players, as we are now 50-10-9, so that if site numbers actually are higher than players' then the lag is coming in to play in a different way. Thanks; you guys are fonts of information about the nuts and bolts of all of this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

jeffsadow wrote:
spotes wrote:
jeffsadow wrote:

Ah, as of this morning they do match. And I suspect that sites are under the same six month rule as are players, as we are now 50-10-9, so that if site numbers actually are higher than players' then the lag is coming in to play in a different way. Thanks; you guys are fonts of information about the nuts and bolts of all of this.

You're welcome. Glad to be a font.
If I need any political science insider gossip, I'll give you a jingle and we'll call it square. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:54 am 
Lord of Scaratings

jeffsadow wrote:
Further, the only other guy who wins medals on any regular basis at all moved away two years ago but continues to keep BWW Shreveport as his home site.

So I guess that is Dukie you are referring to ? I've played with him once or twice here in Atlanta. Had a lot of good answers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:16 am 
King or Queen Postalot

spotes wrote:
You're welcome. Glad to be a font.

Spotes New Roman. For when your document just has to have that "thousand monkeys for a thousand years" feel about it

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:37 pm 
Phosphorus

scar wrote:
jeffsadow wrote:
Further, the only other guy who wins medals on any regular basis at all moved away two years ago but continues to keep BWW Shreveport as his home site.

So I guess that is Dukie you are referring to ? I've played with him once or twice here in Atlanta. Had a lot of good answers.

Yes indeed. I think I only played with him once as my schedule has me playing at unconventional times. Apparently he still hasn't changed his location. So be it; we need all of the help we can get.