New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jackpot Trivia ad from BT in Restaurant News
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:41 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

http://www.restaurantnews.com/jackpot-t ... r-patrons/

Do you have a trivia night at your bar? If you’re like tons of bars all around the country, you probably do! Trivia is a great way to bring in customers and make sure they’re having fun, but are you really getting the most out of your trivia nights? The truth is, some customers may be driven away by the difficulty of trivia—and what if they want to play trivia on a night other than your designated trivia night? Then they’re just out of luck when it comes to traditional trivia.

But that’s where Jackpot Trivia comes in. Forget all the weaknesses that come along with regular trivia—Jackpot Trivia makes trivia even more fun and accessible for everyone!

With Jackpot Trivia, you don’t have to rely on having one trivia night…every night can be trivia night! That’s because Jackpot uses on-demand gameplay. As long as customers are in your bar, they’re in control. And if customers don’t show up with a team? No problem! Jackpot allows players to compete against everyone in your bar. There’s nothing like a little bit of friendly competition to get your customers having fun.

And for customers who are worried about the difficulty of traditional trivia, Jackpot has them covered. With Jackpot Trivia, players can choose their own categories. If players know way more about movies than history, they can select that category and play to their advantages. And what about those times when players could use just a little boost? Jackpot Trivia understands. Hint, 50/50, Double Up, and Free are in-game boosts that let players get a little help just when they need it the most—and maybe outsmart their opponents in the process.

What’s more, Jackpot Trivia allows your players to use some strategy. With traditional trivia, you’re either wrong or right, but that’s not the case with Jackpot. A stack of in-game tokens let customers split their answers if they’re not sure—or go for broke if they’re confident!

While your customers enjoy exciting gameplay every night of the week, your business benefits from more butts in seats, more rounds of drinks, and more repeat guests. Leave an impression with a stand-apart community gaming experience that appeals to all guests. Learn more about Buzztime’s gaming platform and how you can get Jackpot Trivia in your bar/restaurant!

Post subject: Re: Jackpot Trivia ad from BT in Restaurant News
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:50 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

scar wrote:
http://www.restaurantnews.com/jackpot-trivia-guaranteed-fun-for-your-bar-patrons/

What’s more, Jackpot Trivia allows your players to use some strategy. With traditional trivia, you’re either wrong or right, but that’s not the case with Jackpot. A stack of in-game tokens let customers split their answers if they’re not sure—or go for broke if they’re confident!

Could be an interesting twist.

I remember advocating for a game where if you pushed a button after an answer selection you could double your points earned, but no longer change your answer. I think I called it "Lock It and Double It". There are some options in those types of areas that could be fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:52 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=158&hilit=lock+it+and+double+it

Ah, yes posted on the orginal Scaratings back in 2004.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:14 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

scar wrote:
scar wrote:
http://www.restaurantnews.com/jackpot-trivia-guaranteed-fun-for-your-bar-patrons/

Could be an interesting twist.

I remember advocating for a game where if you pushed a button after an answer selection you could double your points earned, but no longer change your answer. I think I called it "Lock It and Double It". There are some options in those types of areas that could be fun.
Then again, it could be a Playback Pound Round.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Sorry, sounds fucking stupid..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

As long as it stays as On Demand only it won't be a problem for the regular scheduled trivia players and won't get much play. It will get filed in the useless game trash bin along with BT's Live Trivia and Opinion Nation.

Shame BT can't put any effort into a new game for the scheduled trivia lineup for Sun. or Mon.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am a skeptic of the "paper and pencil" variety of trivia contests. The moderators of those are as guilty of factual errors as Buzztime is, and just because the rules include "no smart phones", etc. doesn't always mean those rules are enforced.

If I do see a Jackpot Trivia game at one of my Buzztime haunts, sure, I'll give it a chance. It may be "stupid", but I will need to play it first before issuing that judgment.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
If I do see a Jackpot Trivia game at one of my Buzztime haunts, sure, I'll give it a chance. It may be "stupid", but I will need to play it first before issuing that judgment.

-- RWM

With Buzztime's track record, chances are it will be stupid.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. On the Games page, what should appear this morning but Jackpot Trivia. :roll:

The link to the first sites fortunate (?) to have this showed 20, of which one is in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard (The Draft (formerly Wings, Pizza & Things) in Oceanside). Very lil info on the game itself (including available on demand times) beyond what Scott provided is available. :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:59 pm 
Himself Fodder

Everything tastes better when you’re winning

Introducing Buzztime’s Jackpot Trivia – daringly different trivia for everyone! We’ve combined game show-style strategy with evolving trivia categories that you can vote on to play, giving you more control to play your way. We have also leveled the playing field by adding boosts and the ability to split your answers or Double Up, so that everyone has more shots at winning. It’s a trivia that takes both brains AND guts.

Gather your friends and join a game in progress or fire up a new one and play at any Jackpot Trivia location near you. Just ask your server for a tablet!

Play. Win. Repeat.

They've leveled the playing field so everyone has more shots at winning. Awesome. Just give everybody a fucking participation medal including the hottie who can't break 7k in CD.

I really miss the days where any wrong answer cost you 1/4th of the max value in any game. Including the year round of Spotlight, that was beautiful.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:08 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:

Introducing Buzztime’s Jackpot Trivia – daringly different trivia for everyone! We’ve combined game show-style strategy with evolving trivia categories that you can vote on to play, giving you more control to play your way. We have also leveled the playing field by adding boosts and the ability to split your answers or Double Up, so that everyone has more shots at winning. It’s a trivia that takes both brains AND guts.

Gather your friends and join a game in progress or fire up a new one and play at any Jackpot Trivia location near you. Just ask your server for a tablet!

Play. Win. Repeat.

They've leveled the playing field so everyone has more shots at winning. Awesome. Just give everybody a fucking participation medal including the hottie who can't break 7k in CD.

I really miss the days where any wrong answer cost you 1/4th of the max value in any game. Including the year round of Spotlight, that was beautiful.

http://www.buzztime.com/site/31452

Well, I see Milano's in Miamisburg OH has the Jackpot Trivia. I see BIGDOG listed there, and a CLARK, so perhaps someone will chime in on the game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:31 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:

Well, I see Milano's in Miamisburg OH has the Jackpot Trivia. I see BIGDOG listed there, and a CLARK, so perhaps someone will chime in on the game.

According to the site's games tab, Jackpot Trivia has not been played yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

scar wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Play. Win. Repeat.

It sure as hell won't be me. Nearest listed site is in Denver, 1100 miles away

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:39 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:

And you believe that data :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:

Bo ain't lying.....nobody hasn't played it

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:33 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:

Of course. Everything you read on the internet is true. Bonjour.

MitchWolf wrote:
Bo ain't lying.....nobody hasn't played it

Holy multiple negatives Batman!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:16 pm 
Himself Fodder

BT now has a 30 second video up showing Jackpot Trivia game play. The movie question shown has "Good Fellas" as a choice. Two words. Wow. Awesome quality control. Gives me good vibes about this game.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BT now has a 30 second video up showing Jackpot Trivia game play. The movie question shown has "Good Fellas" as a choice. Two words. Wow. Awesome quality control. Gives me good vibes about this game.
Hey, don't knock it. I've been using the Misspelled Answer Is Wrong rule for ages.

(On the theory that many a question setter will research the correct answer and then just pencil in four wrong ones without checking the little details.)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:38 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

kaufman wrote:
-BO- wrote:
Hey, don't knock it. I've been using the Misspelled Answer Is Wrong rule for ages.

(On the theory that many a question setter will research the correct answer and then just pencil in four wrong ones without checking the little details.)

Not anymore. I got burned in a Late Shift game over the weekend by ruling out a misspelled answer which turned out to be correct. Of course, I don't remember the fine details

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Last night, our team was in the dining room, and a couple of people in the bar decided they wanted to play too, so they logged in and started playing. But they asked the bartender why they were the only two people playing when the rest of us were playing. The bartender had no clue so she asked us.

Turns out the people in the bar didn't understand what "Countdown" meant. They saw the word trivia in "Jackpot Trivia" so they selected that option instead.

This location doesn't have the game on the tv screens, it's tablets only.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:54 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Awhile back, maybe a couple months ago, I made a visit to my local BWW (Concord, CA). I don't go there often, but apparently enough for some of the employees to know me...

I was playing, and between questions talking to a bartender... She said something like, "You're the only one who ever comes in and plays Countdown. Some of us play Jackpot Trivia after hours, but the game you like is too hard!"

Just another sign the "purist" trivia community is getting smaller...