New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Jackpot Trivia
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. After ending my more or less usual Thursday of banging away with the 6:00 PM Countdown, decided to fuck with the newly installed Jackpot Trivia game. Image

Jackpot Trivia plays on the tablets (such as they are); it doesn't show on monitors. It runs rather quick; three games in a half hour, ten questions each worth 500 points. Maximum score per game is 5500; however scores are not saved. :roll:

To start, players pick from ten categories. Players may allocate five chips any way they want among those categories (assumption is that the questions will be selected from the categories that get the most chips).

When questions come up, four choices are offered. Players may bet their five chips (each worth 100 points) any way they want amongst the four choices, subject to the following added features...

HINT - one choice is eliminated, costs one chip.
50/50 - two choices eliminated, costs two chips.

Since I didn't bother to fuck with either of these, have no idea how many times these may be used. :lol:

FREE - may be used once, allocates five chips to all four answers. :lol:
2x - may be used once, doubles score for that one question.

Notwithstanding the small sample size of three games, not bad to fuck around with instead of those godawful 15 minute games. Not something I'd fuck with consistently. :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Jackpot Trivia
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. After ending my more or less usual Thursday of banging away with the 6:00 PM Countdown, decided to fuck with the newly installed Jackpot Trivia game. Image

Jackpot Trivia plays on the tablets (such as they are); it doesn't show on monitors. It runs rather quick; three games in a half hour, ten questions each worth 500 points. Maximum score per game is 5500; however scores are not saved. :roll:

To start, players pick from ten categories. Players may allocate five chips any way they want among those categories (assumption is that the questions will be selected from the categories that get the most chips).

When questions come up, four choices are offered. Players may bet their five chips (each worth 100 points) any way they want amongst the four choices, subject to the following added features...

HINT - one choice is eliminated, costs one chip.
50/50 - two choices eliminated, costs two chips.

Since I didn't bother to fuck with either of these, have no idea how many times these may be used. :lol:

FREE - may be used once, allocates five chips to all four answers. :lol:
2x - may be used once, doubles score for that one question.

Notwithstanding the small sample size of three games, not bad to fuck around with instead of those godawful 15 minute games. Not something I'd fuck with consistently. :(

I tried it the other day, it was okay but after answering the question it still counted down 25 seconds. That seemed like an eternity, don't know if there was a way to bypass the wait, but that was a major drawback...

Post subject: Re: Jackpot Trivia
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:32 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I had a chance to play the other day. I agree with Clark, it seemed to take forever for the timer to count down after I answered. There should be an option to stop the timer if you are comfortable with your answer and go to the next question. Also the lack of saving scores is a negative. Even the old Shark Attack game on the blue boxes would save scores for a time.