July 2: Red, White and Blue
July 9: Have a Drink!
July 16: Team Sports

Friday Topix Themes:
June 26: Classic Sitcoms
July 3: "Stars"
July 10: Robot Movies
July 17: TV Cities

Anything excite you? Do you think July 3rd is just celebrities? Is July 9th alcohol only? Post your thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Topix Categories through July 17
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:28 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Well with that lineup I'll doubt I'll be back up on the top topix list anytime soon (although I still have 10 games on my record and some folks show up with 10 games but I always need 11. Never figured out why). Not a knowledge subject among them. I'll try tonight if it's actually spelling, but will switch to CD if it's about the competition. No interest there for me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Jesus what an esoteric game tonight. Like you I was hoping it would be spelling questions (of which there were a few). I had 3600 the first round, and a bit over 8k by the end of the second. My goal/hope was 11k, 12 if lucky. But that third round was the round from hell. What was the winning word in 2006? What is the hometown of the 2005 winner? Man that was some asinine shit. Interestingly, that question was related to the first question because appoggiatura was the word with which Anurag Kashyap won the 2005 competition. I guess I should have just brushed up on winners and winning words for the sake of those two questions. That round was for people who treat the spelling bee like it's an actual sport, in my opinion.

I had around 10,500 going into the final question of the game. And it was a fairly mainstream question to ask (Akeelah and the Bee question) but, not having seen it, I totally flubbed it. I knew missing it kept me out of something, but I wasn't sure what. I knew it either kept me out of the Top 100 or the Top 20; it was something I knew instinctively. My hope was it'd just be Top 20, and it was just a low scoring game overall so I could stay Top 100. And that's what happened. I was rank 23 when the rankings came in. If I had gotten the last question I'd have been 11th or 12th, somewhere around there. I'm disappointed I couldn't land in the Top 20 two weeks in a row but I will take a Top 100 in a premium game any day.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:46 am 
Lotsa Posta

Rhino wrote:
Well with that lineup I'll doubt I'll be back up on the top topix list anytime soon (although I still have 10 games on my record and some folks show up with 10 games but I always need 11. Never figured out why). Not a knowledge subject among them. I'll try tonight if it's actually spelling, but will switch to CD if it's about the competition. No interest there for me.

"Red, White & Blue" could be good; they often put together a good game with a nebulous topic like that.''

I'll be looking forward to "Have a Drink," myself, thought I'll be behind the bar and likely unable to play.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:52 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

The categories look interesting during the time of Triviapalooza.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

There is nothing on the above list that particularly interests me. My teammates at Chicago Sams will probably look forward to Team Sports.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Red, White and Blue and Team Sports interest me the most. I feel like Team Sports is a trap, though. Like I want them to ask about tamburello when they'll probably ask for names of individuals on x team, etc.