New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Network schedule merge - it's happening!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 pm 
U > 100 * 2

-BO- wrote:
Jethro wrote:
It's interesting and rather encouraging that, at least Jamie via this informal post, is giving us some credit for this reversal. If true, perhaps they will start to trust us more, as we seem to make accurate predictions regarding the consequences of drastic decisions more often than not.

How many years ago did we lay it out for them?

Oh, only about 4 years ago. And it's very shrewd of them to say "You spoke, and we listened!" That sounds a bit better than "Well, our stock is about to dip back below 20 cents a share, so we don't have much to lose."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:50 pm 
Himself Fodder

Will be interesting to see what they do with player stats going forward. Will tomorrow's Six be categorized as simply "Six" and be the first game played for stat purposes? Or will they take all the specialty/premium scores, rename them the same game, then rerun all the batches to compute actual network rankings?

I'm betting on tomorrow being the "first game" for everybody going forward as that's what they've always done in the past.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:27 am 
Himself Fodder

BT will have a lot of work to do with the website to properly show stats. Except for The Pulse, all new games added to the HOF, many new games to add to the top players drop down, etc. In the past it's taken them quite a while to get all that taken care of. By this time of the morning, the HOF is usually updated and it's currently not. Just hoping everything gets taken care of so people can see the Triviapalooza scores this week/weekend.

Regardless, it is a happy time to be able to play against the entire network again!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:19 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

That's the tradeoff. You can play against the teams in all time zones. You just can't see the scores.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

So how did the games and rankings boards go last night? Who won the premium games? Did it run smoothly?

All I saw on here was MrGray complaining about the local boards being reset.
Other than no Hall of Fame online was the night a success?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:03 pm 
Lotsa Posta

It seemed to be just fine as I saw a 'F Cubs'. For the record, we're playing in the east for a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:20 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BUD wrote:
So how did the games and rankings boards go last night? Who won the premium games? Did it run smoothly?

All I saw on here was MrGray complaining about the local boards being reset.
Other than no Hall of Fame online was the night a success?

The only one I remember from last night was SAKIC was just over 60k , but I didn't see where Bargo's placed. The rankings boards all seemed to work fine. Nacho Mamas didn't do so well last night, but we still enjoyed the evening.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

xtrain wrote:
That's the tradeoff. You can play against the teams in all time zones. You just can't see the scores.

They forgot to survey players:

Would you support a unification of the network in exchange for getting rid of the Hall Of Fame?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
It seemed to be just fine as I saw a 'F Cubs'. For the record, we're playing in the east for a few days.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
BT will have a lot of work to do with the website to properly show stats. Except for The Pulse, all new games added to the HOF, many new games to add to the top players drop down, etc. In the past it's taken them quite a while to get all that taken care of. By this time of the morning, the HOF is usually updated and it's currently not. Just hoping everything gets taken care of so people can see the Triviapalooza scores this week/weekend.

Regardless, it is a happy time to be able to play against the entire network again!

Well, hell. As of this morning, only The Pulse for this past Monday is showing. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:17 am 
Himself Fodder

liljol wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Well, hell. As of this morning, only The Pulse for this past Monday is showing. :(

So in other words, no premium games are showing in the HoF? :D

Always thought it was odd that the website lags so far behind network changes. Should be easy fixes assuming the new games get coded properly. Still don't think The Pulse is listed on the website under the top players drop down.

Still thrilled the network is unified, I wonder what the final impetus was behind the change?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The scores for the "new" unified games are now showing on the bar game history pages.
52 boxes at Bargos for SIX last night.

Shouldn't be too much longer for the HOF to start filling in.

As long as the rankings are showing properly in the bars, the online scores will follow.

So, what bar won SIX last night?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:42 pm 
Centenarian

Am I right that there still is a bit of a split, but only on the "general" games--Countdown, Lunchtime, & Late Shift?

IOW, at 2 PM ET, the ETZ starts playing Countdown, while everyone else is on Lunchtime Trivia. At 3 PM ET, ETZ & CTZ are on Countdown, while the MTZ & PTZ are on Lunchtime. And at 4 PM ET, the PTZ is still on Lunchtime, while everyone further east is on Countdown.

Similarly, at 10 PM ET, the ETZ is on Late Shift, while those further west are playing Countdown, and so forth.

(I'm deliberately ignoring the Atlantic Time Zone, Alaska & Hawaii, just to keep it simple.)

Or, in plain English, Countdown is only a national competition from 5 PM ET until 8 PM ET or so, depending on the day of the week.

--Rick Magnus
RickM, Blue Goose
(only mildly confused--I think)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:22 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

You are correct, but I believe this mini split was the same before the split went into effect 3 years ago. This is how a certain bag-o-douche has been able to cheat at Lunchtime trivia by manipulating time zones for many years before the split.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:31 pm 
Lotsa Posta

It is the same as before.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:56 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

RickM wrote:
Am I right that there still is a bit of a split, but only on the "general" games--Countdown, Lunchtime, & Late Shift?

IOW, at 2 PM ET, the ETZ starts playing Countdown, while everyone else is on Lunchtime Trivia. At 3 PM ET, ETZ & CTZ are on Countdown, while the MTZ & PTZ are on Lunchtime. And at 4 PM ET, the PTZ is still on Lunchtime, while everyone further east is on Countdown.

Similarly, at 10 PM ET, the ETZ is on Late Shift, while those further west are playing Countdown, and so forth.

(I'm deliberately ignoring the Atlantic Time Zone, Alaska & Hawaii, just to keep it simple.)

Or, in plain English, Countdown is only a national competition from 5 PM ET until 8 PM ET or so, depending on the day of the week.

--Rick Magnus
RickM, Blue Goose
(only mildly confused--I think)

This is why I roll my eyes every time the screen proclaiming the 'entirely unified" network comes up. If ever a statement needed an asterix to indicate that it applies only to the premium/specialty games and some Countdown games, this one does. I see the rationale for Lunchtime Trivia in that people on a work schedule may be able to get in three 15-minute games where two 30-minute games wouldn't work, but I'm not sure that rationale stands for late evening games. I do know that when LS comes on, most of the time the people at the various locations we play either leave immediately, or leave after one game while finishing up beverage/paying tab. Something we do as well unless there's karaoke or some other non-trivia reason to hang around. I suspect player count would be higher in the Eastern and Central time zones if instead of being automatically switched to LS come 10 p.m., the zones got to continue playing Countdown against the reunified network until the Pacific zone was ready to switch to LS (or get rid of LS entirely and let everyone continue to play CD until their locations close).

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:26 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I'd prefer they keep LS or introduce a new game after the premium games, personally. But I can see the desire to see Countdown til close for people who are busy earlier in the day but really enjoy that game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Seems that there are still some glitches after the primetime game reunification. :(

National rankings for the hour long games are still way more than a lil spotty. For the first time in several weeks, The Pulse managed to show site and individual rankings on the second pass, but the first pass was blank. :roll: Showdown looked okay, but apparently Wednesday Six yesterday was hosed again. :( Spotlight rankings have been horribly hosed both weeks. :cry: Playback rankings have been showing only the second run. :(

All of which would seem to indicate that Buzztime should not give any further consideration to tweaking the present game schedule until the rankings problems are solved. That said, I for one remain adamant that Sunday should remain the premium game free day.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:44 pm 
Special

Honestly there is not as good a reason to have lunchtime on the weekends, and that would be an easy way to get us even more national competition. When the West signs on at 11 a.m. PDT/2 p.m. EDT let us play Countdown all afternoon. Sundays, without a premium game as LILJOL mentions, would be 8 hours of national competition (even more if the East did not default to Late Shift at 7/10).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:52 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Nunz wrote:
Honestly there is not as good a reason to have lunchtime on the weekends, and that would be an easy way to get us even more national competition. When the West signs on at 11 a.m. PDT/2 p.m. EDT let us play Countdown all afternoon. Sundays, without a premium game as LILJOL mentions, would be 8 hours of national competition (even more if the East did not default to Late Shift at 7/10).

Or...... start lunchtime at 8AM PT on weekends and we can have even more national competition. Many bars/grilles open earlier on weekends for breakfast anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:39 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Did everyone get 2 more unified games the last couple of nights? On Thur and Fri at BWW Gaithersbug we got countdown from 10 to 11 instead of Late shift.

I'm sure Liljol and other west bars saw our number 1 rank for the 7pm pacific game. :mrgreen: The strange part was we only saw about 3 other east/central bars. So, is this a limited test or is it the new schedule that's not posted yet?

Hopefully it will be permanent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:09 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I also saw CD start at 9 on Thurs as I was leaving. While I rarely stay out later due to the place becoming busier and cop activity I'd prefer the chance occasionally, when it's quiet and safe, to avoid Late Shift, so I hope this continues.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Did everyone get 2 more unified games the last couple of nights? On Thur and Fri at BWW Gaithersbug we got countdown from 10 to 11 instead of Late shift.

I popped into the menu. You can play either one from 10-11, but the default is Countdown.

At 11, the only option is late shift

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:

I'm sure Liljol and other west bars saw our number 1 rank for the 7pm pacific game. :mrgreen: The strange part was we only saw about 3 other east/central bars. So, is this a limited test or is it the new schedule that's not posted yet?

Hopefully it will be permanent

Sorry, bud, don't remember seeing you before tonight, when BWW Gburg showed for the 7:30 Pacific Countdown. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:43 am 
U > 100 * 2

Scene the Countdown start since Thursday night. Did the same tonight.