New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Technical issues
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:00 pm 

We apologize for any sites not seeing the national ranking screens. We are working to correct this issue.
Thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

jamie.hilton wrote:
We apologize for any sites not seeing the national ranking screens. We are working to correct this issue.
Thank you!

Thanks for the update Jamie. We did have the no rankings problem at BWW Gaithersburg MD on Friday and Saturday, we occasionally saw just the second page of individual rankings. We we're finishing games very early, causing blank ranking pages.

I'll guess the removal of all the smartest bar ads, with less replacements, has made the games end too early to get rankings compiled properly.

Inserting more ads has fixed this in the past along with getting all location computers on the same time.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Whether it makes a difference... We still have the playmakers instead of the tablets. On Saturday, we always got at least the second flip of location & individual rankings. Occasionally we didn't get the first flip of location rankings, but we almost always got two full flips of the individual rankings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:14 pm 

Thank you for your help. It has been extremely helpful to have so many eyes assisting with our troubleshooting! As of today, most of the rankings should be back to normal. Please let me know ASAP if this is not the case.
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

yesterday was not good for us at west park station. we did not get rankings for brainbuster. showdown started late and was extremely slow. there would be a significant lag between the question appearing and the answers coming up. it was so bad that the lightning round did not finish until 9:29. then the glory days game started. we did not get rankings for that either.

since i didn't see any other complaints about this i presume it was localized to us. hopefully thursday this will be resolved.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:00 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

In our bar, the Saturday 10:30pm EST Countdown game started showing rankings at 10:55pm. It flipped twice and was still done by 10:57pm. Thus, no rankings appeared.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:45 pm 
Cuboctahedral Faces

Wild Bill's in Woodbury MN converted from blue boxes to tablets about six weeks ago. We have had continual problems there. I contacted Jami Hilton and she helped us get a new charger. Last Tuesday we had 3 tablets that wouldn't load Countdown. We would select Countdown from the menu that has the choices of different games to play. It would connect to Countdown for a few seconds and then return to the menu with the different games. We have to start the tablets sometimes by holding down the button inside a pinhole on the tablet. This is after it has been supposedly charging all day.

When I have a score that gets on the national board Gopher shows up as Lyss. I used another player's tablet last Friday and played under JAGBMB because we were afraid if we logged JAGBMB out and logged in as Gopher that we wouldn't be successfully login. JAGBMB showed up on the national leader's board as KSaerz. The only KSaerz was a player at a BWW in Orlando Florida with no play history. A couple of other players showed up as Wolf. JOHNNY showed up as Angel. GoneD showed up as Ocool when he played at Wild Bill's

Has anybody had similar problems with the tablets? I have contacted Jami Hilton but apparently the techs at Carlsbad are having a hard time figuring out our problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. The first assumption is that those tablets are the 2nd generation (the ones with a one piece foldout stand instead of the two lil easily broken legs of the 1st generation, but *not* the ones showing in current NTN Buzztime ads, which are the 3rd generation).

A number of the 2nd generation tablets have shown those problems (with the exception of the changed display names). One site in NTN Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard with the 2nd generation tablets has had those same issues. Another site has 2nd generation tablets but has so far (based on my limited visits there) had lil if any known problems.

The issue with changed display names has shown at a couple of other sites in The Site-Poor Backyard, but with the 1st generation tablets. The sense is that, for whatever reason(s), the connection between the site and NTN Buzztime was hosed.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:57 pm 
Cuboctahedral Faces

Thanks for the information liljol. The tablets at Wild Bill's are one piece stands so apparently this makes them second generation. I was told that the charger and tablets Wild Bill's received were from a bar in Milwaukee that quit NTN. I can see why they quit NTN.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would guess the BT computer and tablets that came from Milwaukee were not properly wiped clean. BT may have to start over from scratch with your used setup. Ask for a fresh unused system.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Once in awhile the 2G tablets at RTOs will switch handles. Nacho Mamas on the other hand had all kinds of problems with the 2G tablets. Switching names, switching avatars, complete system lockout and/or failure on multiple occasions just to name a few.