New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Discuss Trivia
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

TCHCNB wrote:
Im holding firm on my boycott of "No PULSE Detected" for the third straight week and for the foreseeable future. If there were a game of Sports IQ to play I would be there with bells on ready and willing to spend some money at a local trivia establishment. As it is I will continue to stay home Monday nights and mourn the loss of both STC and SIQ in favor of this new crap game passing itself off as sports trivia.

Agreed. While I didn't play either every week, I had started going out most Mondays and have not bothered after the first week of the un-Pulse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, whilst today is a day off from banging away Image, on those Mondays when I drag my poor tired lil old grumpy ass out to bang away, if I have anything to say or do about it, there will be no FPULSE playing those days. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I was taking a look at numbers earlier today. Is it true SD is down to roughly 6k and Spotlight down to 7k? Is it really worth saving this sinking ship?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:27 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
I was taking a look at numbers earlier today. Is it true SD is down to roughly 6k and Spotlight down to 7k? Is it really worth saving this sinking ship?

Would you rather talk about all the awesome free for all topics we have on this forum to choose from?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Would you rather talk about all the awesome free for all topics we have on this forum to choose from?

First, I am going to 'ban' you because you posted above me. Second, Crazy Girls Undercover is a highly rated movie you should check out. Next, FSHMAN, TOPDOC, and ERIC are major douches. Finally, let's talk about these dwindling numbers. AT first glance they look pretty terrible, and I was wondering if first glances are deceiving, or is Buzztime nothing more than a punchline for trivialists anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:57 pm 
Centenarian

Tolle wrote:
lewser wrote:
Yesterday during the 5 PST CD game there were 8 music questions. If wanted to play Playback I would go out Saturdays. On the flipside, in the past 3 weeks I have seen ONE sports question, no sports premium games, no sports questions in countdown why bother.

I'd like to second this.

no music questions out of 6 games during my one hour lunch break...However, now I know how the St Lawrence Seaway connects to... Ah, hell, I already forgot :)

Last edited by focus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:58 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
-BO- wrote:

First, I am going to 'ban' you because you posted above me. Second, Crazy Girls Undercover is a highly rated movie you should check out. Next, FSHMAN, TOPDOC, and ERIC are major douches. Finally, let's talk about these dwindling numbers. AT first glance they look pretty terrible, and I was wondering if first glances are deceiving, or is Buzztime nothing more than a punchline for trivialists anyway?

You are so cool for "banning" me, I would return the favor but I don't have your street cred.

Crazy Girls Undercover is definitely a highly rated movie, but is it obscure? This is probably one of those films where it is obscure to the people here yet well-known to the average Joe. However I would say the number of people who have seen the flick and played trivia in their secret hideout is exactly two.

You forgot about the bag o' douche in Arizona, I would also add the douche in Poplar Bluff, MO to the list.

Player count is not looking good. Hell, I would love to be playing a unique sports trivia game at present instead of parking my ass in front of my computer. Didn't play at all last week so am interested to see tomorrow if the CD content still has extra pop culture content. Regardless, am looking forward to seeing just how bad the various borg around the country suck at Showdown.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Yes the extra PC is still in CD. Not quite so bad as a year ago or so (2/3 or so) but certainly much worse than a month ago or so. It's about 30-40% semi-subjectively.

However what has gotten much worse lately is the relative difficulty of the questions. It's 10 general knowledge questions of the difficulty "The Bahamas are a group of........" and 5 PC questions of the difficulty "what was Michelangelo Antonioni's first English language movie?" (both very real and recent examples). Basically we're at the "piss easy or PC" stage.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

focus wrote:
Tolle wrote:
lewser wrote:
Yesterday during the 5 PST CD game there were 8 music questions. If wanted to play Playback I would go out Saturdays. On the flipside, in the past 3 weeks I have seen ONE sports question, no sports premium games, no sports questions in countdown why bother.

I'd like to second this.

no music questions out of 6 games during my one hour lunch break...However, now I know how the St Lawrence Seaway connects to... Ah, hell, I already forgot :)

How did you play six games in one hour? ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:12 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

For the fifth week in a row at Hooter's in Tallahassee, FL we all rank #1 in Pulse and there are no Network Rankings after the game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hunk wrote:
For the fifth week in a row at Hooter's in Tallahassee, FL we all rank #1 in Pulse and there are no Network Rankings after the game.

Normally by now, the ranking issues of a new game would be fixed primarily due to the efforts of player response.
The reason that this wheel isn't getting any grease is because it isn't squeaking.
Not only do people not care enough to play this game, they obviously also don't care enough to ensure accurate rankings.
Luckily, with the crowd this game draws, BT only needs to worry about them complaining about the lack of rankings for a few days as that seems to be the limit of their retention.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:59 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Hunk wrote:

Normally by now, the ranking issues of a new game would be fixed primarily due to the efforts of player response.
The reason that this wheel isn't getting any grease is because it isn't squeaking.
Not only do people not care enough to play this game, they obviously also don't care enough to ensure accurate rankings.
Luckily, with the crowd this game draws, BT only needs to worry about them complaining about the lack of rankings for a few days as that seems to be the limit of their retention.

Ergo the moniker "No Pulse Detected"............... its already dead.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 am 
Himself Fodder

It could be an interesting exercise if we didn't alert BT to this issue to see how long it takes to be noticed and fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:20 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
It could be an interesting exercise if we didn't alert BT to this issue to see how long it takes to be noticed and fixed.

Does TomD write this game?

If so, at least someone from BT who seems to actually care, should know, just by following these threads.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 am 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
-BO- wrote:

If so, at least someone from BT who seems to actually care, should know, just by following these threads.

TomD does care, and he was instrumental on eliminating the repeat STC issue that BUG was exploiting, but I don't think he follows each and every thread here. He certainly follows the incorrect question thread as well as most sports ones, but he might not come across this one.

If he does, it'll get fixed quickly. If not....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
tiefly wrote:
-BO- wrote:

TomD does care, and he was instrumental on eliminating the repeat STC issue that BUG was exploiting, but I don't think he follows each and every thread here. He certainly follows the incorrect question thread as well as most sports ones, but he might not come across this one.

Guess we should have put this in the Chip the Bartender thread...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:51 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

focus wrote:
Tolle wrote:
lewser wrote:

I'd like to second this.

Regardless of your feelings on the St. Lawrence Seaway, there is little doubt that it is of greater importance to the world than Tom Jones (or whatever crooner you kids are listening to these days).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
Regardless of your feelings on the St. Lawrence Seaway, there is little doubt that it is of greater importance to the world than Tom Jones (or whatever crooner you kids are listening to these days).

It's not unusual that you feel this way.

[Removes pie from face :lol: ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
tiefly wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Would a writer of this game want to report this?
If lower participation numbers could bring this game to an early demise thereby allowing it to be replaced by a previously superior product, it raises a question.
Were I a sports loving game writer with a love of the rich tradition of hockey goonery, would I want to write a 30 question current events game every week? As boring as it is to play, could writing it be any less painful?
Further, knowing that content has driven away the core element of the player base (as I imagine both writers and players easily suspected) what is the easiest way to expedite the departure of the rest?
Easy. Technical issues further reducing the element of competition that bear no reflection upon the quality of the writer's content; something like a loss of rankings should do the trick. Now all I have to do is "miss" a couple of threads discussing the problem thereby not being able to notify anyone of the issue...
If I were forced to write this unacceptable and unasked for game and had any hope of improving things, that would be an action that I might consider...Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:03 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
focus wrote:

How many women have tossed their underwear in the St. Lawrence?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:05 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

kaufman wrote:
Tolle wrote:
focus wrote:

Southern Quebec is notoriously commando country.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 am 
Lord of Scaratings

kaufman wrote:
Tolle wrote:
focus wrote:

Another question I had never previously considered.

That is why I like threads about actual trivia.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:27 am 
Moderating Hobbit

What's a trivia? Is that something that appears in the Free For All forums? :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:29 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Still no rankings after The Pulse last night but who cares?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:05 am 
Himself Fodder

Hunk wrote:
Still no rankings after The Pulse last night but who cares?

The few who play should care. But it's still interesting that nobody at BT knows rankings are not showing.

Looks as though TomD took it easy on the players last night, must've been nothing going on in the world of cricket and curling. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next