New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Let's Actually Discuss Trivia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

-BO- wrote:
Hunk wrote:
Still no rankings after The Pulse last night but who cares?

The few who play should care. But it's still interesting that nobody at BT knows rankings are not showing.

Looks as though TomD took it easy on the players last night, must've been nothing going on in the world of cricket and curling. :D

October : curling = February : golf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:42 pm 
Himself Fodder

I figure if silly free for all threads gathering deserved cobwebs can be bumped so can this thread that actually discusses what has brought us together.

The Pulse has been on the schedule of over a year and a half now and I've played the game exactly twice. Once the first week to confirm my fears, and once when the non-personable GRIFF was in town. This BT decision has cost our stompin' grounds a few thousand dollars in revenue per year, and they're not the only establishment in a similar predicament.

It's also been over a year since the release of the tablets and not one improvement has been made to facilitate trivia game play. It's not a bad product, but it could be really solid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:37 pm 
U > 100 * 2

There's about as much interest in discussing Buzztime trivia on this forum as there is interest from Buzztime in having an actual sports trivia game.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Sitting here in Vegas, a lil while after again visiting the only site there with tablets, having finally taken a few minutes to see what FPULSE looked like.

Those few minutes are best described as time I'll never see again. :roll: :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:15 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I would be curious to see an analysis of The Pulse's attendance numbers for the months of April, June and August this year vs. last year, given that the game will not be lead-in for Smartest Bar those months this year. Anyone have those numbers for April through August of 2013?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:35 pm 
Himself Fodder

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. Sitting here in Vegas, a lil while after again visiting the only site there with tablets, having finally taken a few minutes to see what FPULSE looked like.

Those few minutes are best described as time I'll never see again. :roll: :cry:

Trivia in Vegas? I'm ordering you to the nearest gambling establishment that serves free O'Douls!

Did you fall asleep during those few questions? I know I almost did the first time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 pm 
Himself Fodder

Here's some unbelievable numbers:

SIQ average players for Jan/Feb 2012 - 3346
Pulse average players for Jan/Mar 2014 - 2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Wow yes those numbers really suck.
What would the Mendoza line(s) be? Maybe 2.00 players per location?
.200 of all locations having 5 boxes in play for the full hour?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Here's some unbelievable numbers:

SIQ average players for Jan/Feb 2012 - 3346
Pulse average players for Jan/Mar 2014 - 2007

Well, sure.
But the entire cost of the game consists of a Sunday newspaper subscription.
How can you possibly beat those savings?
And when you factor in the coupons...the trivia practically pays for itself.
Clearly you don't reckon high falutin' business economics worth a darn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Another thing to check is the percentage of players that reach the players plus bonus. A low percentage can indicate a very difficult game that might discourage future play for some or a game that doesn't keep the players interest to the point they quit. I also check the percentage of scores 1000 points or less figuring these are people that didn't want to play the game, but wanted a few easy p+ points.

Anyway Buzztimes efforts are focusing on launching the tablet menu ordering system at BWW later this year. If successful they have a product to offer Red Lobster Olive Garden Cheesecake Factory and many other accounts and trivia becomes a sales feature.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Jethro wrote:
There's about as much interest in discussing Buzztime trivia on this forum as there is interest from Buzztime in having an actual sports trivia game.

That's not true !

Or maybe it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The BWW where I have been playing most of my trivia the last few months is apprently scheduled for conversion to tablets this month. I will have to take some time to review BO's thread on the tablet tutorial to try to familiarize myself beforehand. As a grumpy, cynical 57 year old "non-techie" I can foresee having some difficulties getting adjusted to the new equipment, but hopefully it will be seamless transition. One concern I have is the number of tablets that wil be available. If they will be used for ordering food and drinks, music playing, various other gaming type features, and entertainment for kids, I hope there are enough tablets available to accomodate the actual trivia players.

As far as The Pulse goes, or "No Pulse Detected" as a like to unaffectionately refer to it, I have played only one time and still see no reason to return under that type of content. I still play trivia one to possibly 3 times per week, but mainly Countdown anymore and a couple of SIX's per month. Sad.............. I still mis STC and SIQ very much. On the plus side though with all the CD's I have been playing my Badge numbers have been steadily going up and up, and you know how important that is..............

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

TCHCNB wrote:
The BWW where I have been playing most of my trivia the last few months is apprently scheduled for conversion to tablets this month. I will have to take some time to review BO's thread on the tablet tutorial to try to familiarize myself beforehand. As a grumpy, cynical 57 year old "non-techie" I can foresee having some difficulties getting adjusted to the new equipment, but hopefully it will be seamless transition. One concern I have is the number of tablets that wil be available. If they will be used for ordering food and drinks, music playing, various other gaming type features, and entertainment for kids, I hope there are enough tablets available to accomodate the actual trivia players.

As far as The Pulse goes, or "No Pulse Detected" as a like to unaffectionately refer to it, I have played only one time and still see no reason to return under that type of content. I still play trivia one to possibly 3 times per week, but mainly Countdown anymore and a couple of SIX's per month. Sad.............. I still mis STC and SIQ very much. On the plus side though with all the CD's I have been playing my Badge numbers have been steadily going up and up, and you know how important that is..............

I've now palyed at two tablet sites: big issue was connectivity at both. At the WV site, slow on the download of scores (never showed up as played games) and all the little legs had been taken off the tablets,

In TN, with LUREED, box just quit responding at all. Two days later, connectivity problems where management called BT and still wasn't sure what the problems was. Later, it connected and got some games in.

Can't name a positive about it yet other than the lack of TV screens to play.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 pm 
Himself Fodder

Best Brainbuster clue ever tonight, geography question, the clue eliminating the state of Colorado was "No 5th Down Cheaters". Greatness. Pure greatness.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm 
Himself Fodder

Just can't stand the only topic posted on a trivia board in over a week is about passings of those that nobody here has ever met.

Does nobody here watch Jeopardy? Isn't it frustrating watching the significant drop in skill level this season because all contestants currently have to come from the greater LA area?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:07 am 
Lord of Scaratings

No, I don't watch Jeopardy, too busy figuring out creative ways to use the COVID affected NFL schedule to lose fantasy matchups in ways heretofore never even imagined.

I do miss BT trivia, but Louisville is pretty sparse in options, though I could sit outside at Bungalow Joes if I wanted to drive a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:18 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I try to catch Jeopardy Monday through Thursday every week.

I have noticed the same thing. In a normal season with typical contestants I feel I would get my a** kicked on a regular basis while occasionally being at least competitive. So far this season I have found myself thinking on at least a few occasions that I possibly could have won a game or two

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5