New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Badge Hunter problems?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm 
Centenarian

Tonight Badge Hunter did not play after Brainbuster. A repeat Countdown game came on after. Also rankings for Brainbuster did not work. The top 20 sites was blank and the top 20 players were blank.
I am aggravated about this because I had convinced Vlaman and Firm to stick around to try the new game because they had not been staying for Brainbuster or Badge Hunter.

Post subject: Re: Badge Hunter problems?
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:07 pm 
Colt

googie wrote:
Tonight Badge Hunter did not play after Brainbuster. A repeat Countdown game came on after. Also rankings for Brainbuster did not work. The top 20 sites was blank and the top 20 players were blank.
I am aggravated about this because I had convinced Vlaman and Firm to stick around to try the new game because they had not been staying for Brainbuster or Badge Hunter.

We had the same problem at Diamond Lil's, and the two Countdown games after that did not work at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:18 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Same at Stewart's.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Yes, and at Mad River. It's unbelievable that a game that Buzztime has devoted so much promotion to would be screwed up and actually NOT APPEAR after all the emails they've sent out announcing it. Surely the end of this company cannot be far off. Can't the rich guys who used to play at Grand Slam buy it and run it right? The backlog of trivia questions alone must be worth something.
XT

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Same problems at Rookies (Chicago Sams) and undoubtedly everywhere else. The Countdown game also came without badges, which I know none of you could care less about. :)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:24 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

We also didn't get BH. Before that, here's all the screwups our team experienced with NTN/BT tonight:

The CD before Glory Daze that was on before we came in did not show any national rankings.

In GD, we saw SRO OT showing up twice for location scores--as both No. 10 and No. 11--of course with different averages.

In Showdown, after three questions of accurately matching Category questions to the right category, we had two that didn't. This is rather weird because previously when mismatching has occurred, it tended to affect the entire round rather than just a couple of questions. But we got what we guess was the Media question for French Food, as its answer was Howard Hughes.

We didn't get any rankings for BrainBuster. And as previously noted, no BH. After that everything did seem okay, but by then everyone else but us had left (and we'd only stayed because we were silly enough to order a pitcher).

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:30 am 
Himself Fodder

We saw SRO OT in 11th and 12th, but we saw ourselves 4th so perhaps we didn't call out.

We only had one category mix-up, the 5th question where we went with French Food. Went with recent deaths and astronomy on 4 and 6 with no problems.

The national rankings have been an issue now for a week or two.

BO

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Finally, there are some folks who have started playing at my site. Most like the badge idea.

Smart guy me explains how after Showdown & BB, there is a game called Badge Hunter that allows opportunities to get the rarest badges.

They talked about staying to play the game, since they don't have to wake up the roosters like I do.

I go home.

I'm guessing that the repeat CD game was NOT what they wanted.

Maybe they will keep playing.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:39 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:
The CD before Glory Daze that was on before we came in did not show any national rankings.

Well, we know how we ranked that game but it would have been nice to have seen it.

You could look it up.
http://www.buzztime.com/site/37347/game ... 0508160000

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Am wondering how many of the East Feed sites that didn't get Badge Hunter also finagled their way out of the East Feed and polluted the West Feed Countdown game instead. Seems like NTN BT should deny options for the premium game blocks.

Anyway, Pacific Beach Bar & Grill did get Badge Hunter at its scheduled time and ranked #1 in the godforsaken West/Repeat/Encore Feed.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:05 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

In the Far East )Halifax), we did get the Countdown without badges instead of Badge Hunter and the last two Category questions in Showdown did not go with their categories, but we did get results for Brainbuster. For the second week in a row, however, we got no rankings for the Tuesday Canada Eh! game (before Glory Daze). Since I get into the city only about once a week, I do not know if they worked on other days.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:21 am 
Lord of Scaratings

HOF has a listing for BH East @3,274 players, but no players or sites appear upon selection.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
HOF has a listing for BH East @3,274 players, but no players or sites appear upon selection.

As of the time of this post, the site and site players lists for the 5/8 West/Repeat/Encore Feed are showing up. :? :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:42 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Good news folks! There will be a special make up game this Thursday after topix.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:
Good news folks! There will be a special make up game this Thursday after topix.

I warn my crew about this...lol

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:28 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Bonzo wrote:

Will it be the same game the West got on Tuesday? Does this mean that BT is now feeding us repeat content ENCORE games?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:45 pm 
Lotsa Posta

We still did not get the make-up BH game at Stewart's tonight. Anyone else in the East have issues? (Not that I was going to play the game, as I noted in another thread, but it still burns my ass that they can so badly screw up something they are so actively promoting.)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
We still did not get the make-up BH game at Stewart's tonight. Anyone else in the East have issues? (Not that I was going to play the game, as I noted in another thread, but it still burns my ass that they can so badly screw up something they are so actively promoting.)

The BH game was not at my bar also.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

We played a game that looked like Countdown, but had lots of rare badges. The local high scores list had only two entries, while for any other Countdown, that list will have ten scores until the end of the month. So this seemed to be a Badge Hunter that was disguised as Countdown. (Which is fine with me, as I don't really care for the safari theme on Badge Hunter.)

One of the questions that I recall asked which team won the North American Soccer League championship three times; that one got me an Attacker badge that I have otherwise only obtained through Badge Hunter.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:16 am 
Octogenarian

I think BH played as CD everywhere. It played as CD @ Old Chicago here in OVERLAND PARK, KS!!!! And it also played as CD @ Old Chicago in LOUISVILLE, KY!! (I know b/c I had been texting w/ Adam prior to and during the CD-disguised-BH).

I got my Bowled Over & Hi My Name Is....badges

Bowled Over was ridiculously easy

Hi badge was a 50/50 guess about Shakespearean female name...Hit Jessica for 1,000 and hoped beyond hope that it wasn't Melissa (b/c other three were biblical...was actually scared Jessica was wrong as well, but it was the first thing I saw not biblical....kept thinking as clues were given that Jessica COULD have derived before Shakespeare's time as an offshoot of Jesse (which is also biblical....which was why Melissa had my finger twitchy..)

I think I'm now down to 8 badges (plus the 2 Lunchtime trivia ones...which I don't count b/c u get those for playing and getting P+ Point, so...)

My only sports badge left is the ever-elusive KO! (IIRC) (which I can't believe I only have one left to go, since sports is my weakest category...)

"I Just Smoked Your @$$!!!" (Jes. 4:20)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:26 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Akbar71 wrote:

Are you sure you didn't get it? It showed as Countdown for us, but was 100% for sure actually Badge Hunter :D

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:57 am 
Lotsa Posta

Thanks for the replies. I actually did not pay attention to the questions. I had already logged out in anticipation of BH, anyway, and then we got hit with a bit of a rush. The only question I noticed was about (I think) turning a noun into a verb.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Akbar71 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I actually did not pay attention to the questions. I had already logged out in anticipation of BH, anyway, and then we got hit with a bit of a rush. The only question I noticed was about (I think) turning a noun into a verb.

I'm almost certain that was one of the questions from last night's Countdown look-alike. So you probably got that game, too. Also, that game appears in my profile page as Badge Hunter.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

And of course the Thursday "makeup" game ignored the fact that the people frustrated by the game's failure to appear on Tuesday are the people who a) came out specifically for it that day, and b) play on Tuesday but not Thursday.

If BT really wanted to make it up to the people who suffered the original loss the game, it would have two BHs on one of the coming Tuesdays.

Brooke/AARDVK