Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Horshu Lounge, Edmonton
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:03 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Anybody know about this bar?

http://www.buzztime.com/site/17161

They have three top players with heavy Countdown & Lunchtime activity--PJ SHU, PEAJJ and PJ CAN--that play Countdown at an extremely high level (@14k averages) but all three also play Lunchtime games at a sub-mediocre level. (@3.5k averages)

The similarity of the names and averages implies that one person has multiple handles, of course. My first thought was that a different person plays at Lunchtime but would one person want to play three boxes at once that badly? Why? To get a barscore that won't be good enough to make the rankings? Or just to build valuable PPlus points and badges?

Anyone here from Edmonton?

Post subject: Re: Horshu Lounge, Edmonton
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Seems like whomever they are, have a tendency of showing up at certain times. :roll: Makes me wonder way more than a lil if they've figured out a way to do what FROGUE does in the Phoenix area. :(

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:05 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

We were talking about this yesterday at Concert Pub. It seems something fishy is going on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:54 am 
U > 100 * 2

Re-doing below, got to review spreadsheet at work today:

On 20 Oct 2008 player #213761 had 21.3+M P+ points ranked 248 at Finnagans, AB and IRONHD for a handle. Was inactive for awhile, was not listed in Top 200 P+ Players which started in low 25M 1 July 2012. Popped up in the Top 200 31 July 2012 with 49.4+M P+ eanked at 12th and handle name changed to PhilRacine. Between 1 and 6 February 2013 his P+ jumped from 51.7M P+, to 69.7M minor name change to PhilipJoseph. I expect early next year #17677447 or #17269449 will be merged for another jump. :evil: Also noticed a third handle was created in August, #18490739 this morning while reviewing the site data.

Some of this was dicussed on SCAR when he did a comparison a few years back.

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=2196

Last edited by Death Dealer on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:26 am 
Himself Fodder

LEWSER and I were discussing this a couple of days ago. He checked and founded the badges earned there match what others earn at other locations, so if that's the case they aren't repeat games. Therefore my guess would be the cell phone gambit. If you look at the scores, they aren't perfect that often, but very close to it. That would mean he is getting the answers from another site in real time but not always fast enough to get 1k.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I'm just pissed because my 14,9xx Countdown game yesterday was 2nd to PJ SHU.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:15 pm 
Octogenarian

If it wasn't fast approaching winter in Alberta I would take a quick flight to Calgary and then up to Edmonton to check it out- however I am no longer enamoured of prairie winters, having lived in Edmonton and in Shilo Manitoba BRRRRR I will stick to the coast for a while, my grand daughter and great grandson live in Calgary and the tell me Shanks is a good buzztime bar

Deffy/Mrcm :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:23 pm 
Ending Symphony

This may or may not apply, last week I saw a West Coast feed bar on the East Coast leader board for premium games. Forgot which place. So looking at PJ SHU, see some plays at plays at Finnagan's
http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=213761
Looking at Finnagans games:
http://www.buzztime.com/site/4059/games
they are a West Coast feed establishment but have play for East Coast feed games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

kent wrote:
This may or may not apply, last week I saw a West Coast feed bar on the East Coast leader board for premium games. Forgot which place. So looking at PJ SHU, see some plays at plays at Finnagan's
Looking at Finnagans games:
http://www.buzztime.com/site/4059/games
they are a West Coast feed establishment but have play for East Coast feed games.

It looks like Finnagans was on east feed for August but back to west feed in Sept. So that would no longer be the current cheat. Maybe there is another Edmonton bar on east feed? Or he is getting answers by phone as BO said.

More troubling over the long term is the constant huge jumps in P+ by PJ SHU. Is he combining large accounts? That was not supposed to be possible. Or is there some other method to watch for?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:48 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I went back and looked at their Countdown "Gameplay History" and before early September, these three all could only score 10k on rare occasions. Their averages went up about 6k+ overnight.

Apparently they still have no way to improve their Lunchtime scores so while their intelligence zoomed in CD, they're still pathetic LT players. Whoever their source is, he must not play early.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:
I went back and looked at their Countdown "Gameplay History" and before early September, these three all could only score 10k on rare occasions. Their averages went up about 6k+ overnight.

Apparently they still have no way to improve their Lunchtime scores so while their intelligence zoomed in CD, they're still pathetic LT players. Whoever their source is, he must not play early.

Strange because early Sept is exactly when his other bar, Finnagans, was put back on west feed from east feed. I wonder if there is still some glitch of what games are shown there at what time? But if there was diferent games the badges wouldn't match up with other west players. Unless he is just watching the 1st run of the game at finnigans then playing the 2nd run over at Horseshu like the NM cheaters were doing.

More likely just a phone cheat though.

There must be someone from Edmonton on here to check it out.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I sent texts last week or earlier about this site to a couple top bars asking if these guys are legit, but no one had heard of them before. They cost me a couple of golds, like S O B posted.

I'm guessing it's cell phone cheats.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:34 am 
Ending Symphony

Looking at "start the clock" badges:
http://www.buzztime.com/profile?pid=213 ... rev=recent
He always has two countdown games at Finnagan's, they do not show up in recent activity:
then he goes to "Horseshu" and gets the perfect or very high score games. So it appears Finnagan's
is still on the East feed for Countdown, he gets the answers for two games without playing,
rushes over to Horseshu and plays the same games.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:58 am 
Ending Symphony

According to Google Maps, the distance between Finnagan's and Horseshu
is 550 Meters, 2 minutes by car and 7 minutes walking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:10 pm 
Centenarian

Certainly close enough to physically be at Finnagan's and write down the answers then hop on his phone and log into Horshu's site and look like a Countdown genius.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:29 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Something's definitely up. The Finnagan's computer was on Eastern time and the East feed from sometime between August 8th-12th to August 26th-28th, given the East and Late Shift gameplay that shows up in their history. Then the bar was put on the West feed where it belongs by the 29th, but it looks like it's been on Central time since that date from the few West premiums anyone has played

(All times Mountain)

The PJ group appears to have exploited this daily since September 8th, and certain patterns are evident. Every Monday, it's been at 4:00 and 4:30. Tuesdays, 4:00 and 4:30 on Sept. 9th, 4:30 and 5:00 every week since. Wednesdays through Fridays the start time varies. Saturdays (20th excepted) and the last two Sundays, they go right at 2:00 and 2:30

Furthermore, since that Monday, every day that they've participated in LTT at Finnagan's through the 12:45 game (last available at that location), they show up at Horseshu and ace the 2:00 and 2:30 games. Three times -- 9/10 at 4:30, 9/26 at 5:30, 10/3 at 4:30 -- they returned for seconds. Coincidentally, I'm sure :roll: , the last time any of them has played LTT as late as 1:45 was on September . . . 7th

And for contrast, the one time they've stuck around as a group and played a CD game "on their own", they mustered an average of 7589 with a top score of 10338. No wonder they gotta rely on this cheat

Anyway, I'm planning a road trip to Kelowna this weekend. If I can get an extra day from work, I might take the time to drive the Highway 16 way through Jasper . . . for the change of scenery, y'understand :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:54 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Well at least somebody is playing Countdown daily at Horseshu. I can think of a number of local sites that are lucky to log a couple games of Countdown every two or three days. I don't approve of the apparent gambit, but I don't want to see more sites dropping BT due to lack of play and if this person is the one that keeps it going so be it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
Well at least somebody is playing Countdown daily at Horseshu. I can think of a number of local sites that are lucky to log a couple games of Countdown every two or three days. I don't approve of the apparent gambit, but I don't want to see more sites dropping BT due to lack of play and if this person is the one that keeps it going so be it.

Call bullshit on this post.

If this individual drives away more people via getting cheating gold medals that should rightfully go to non-cheating players...who in turn quit playing because who wants to lose repeatedly to a cheat...and MANY sites lose long time players/customers, do you still stand by your post?

As SOB pointed out, he lost out on a gold to this douche bag. I've lost medals to this cheating asshole. When I see one of his MANY handles on top of the board anymore, I have the option of continuing to play or going across the parking lot to a non-BT bar and drinking off their extensive beer menu.

If it takes a fuck-up like PJ to keep BT alive, give me the shovel so I can start (Continue?) to dig the grave.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:09 am 
Lotsa Posta

If that is the situation, we may have to meet annually for a beerpalooza instead of Triviapalooza. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:54 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Holy shit!! On the last facebok post for POTW, PJ SHU said he is sigining up for POTW. WTF?!?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:49 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

If you can contact PJ SHU through Facebook, tell him to cut that shit out. Everybody knows what he's up to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Nomar wrote:
Holy shit!! On the last facebok post for POTW, PJ SHU said he is sigining up for POTW. WTF?!?!

His announcement appears on the Facebook page for NTN Buzztime. Anyone can access it, and anyone who's a Facebook member can respond to it. He says he's got 74 million player's plus points, which he claims makes him the fourth-highest in North America. I personally do not understand how you can "buy" player's plus points, but any of you who do can go to the page and refute his claim.
XT

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:12 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

It is sad that someone has to stoop to a level of that low of horses@*t to show their superiority.

At least I know who the REAL players are on the trivia board.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

From Facebook.
Philip Pj Racine wow im signing up me number two in canada number 4 in north america played for over 20 years have 74 million points PJ SHU

Like · Reply · 12 hours ago

Joey Mac 74 million? So do you care to explain how you jumped up so quick in P+ points? PJ SHU player #213761 jumped from 51 million to 69 million in Feb 2013, how did that happen? It also happened several other times since 2008. Buzztime could you please look into the P+ record of this player #213761 over the years. It is clearly cheating to combine P+ accounts and not allowed under Buzztime rules................Also buzztime can you please set Finnagans bar in Edmonton Canada back to the west feed and check the time zone the bar is set to, PJ SHU is cheating almost every day by watching the east feed at Finnagans then going to Horshu lounge down the street and playing the same games on the west feed. Mostly countdown and lunch time trivia. ...This is Flagrent cheating and I can't believe he would come on here and pretend to be legit when 1000s of players know he is cheating on his P+ accounts and also on the east feed vs west feed gambit. Shame on you PJ you are cheating legit players out of a chance for medals.

Unlike · 1 · 2 hours ago
Jim Benzer Yes he jumped from 26M to 49M in July 2012, then followed it up the 1st week Feb 2013 jumping from 51.7M to 69.7M. Shame on you and which of our other three handle will mergred in next. #17677447, #17269449 or #18490739?

Unlike · 1 · 2 hours ago

Ramon Rocha And the cheating hack is doing it again today

Like · about an hour ago

NTN Buzztime, Inc. I'm bringing both of these issues (looking further into the player id and the request for Finnagans to transfer to the West) up for further discussion internally. We'll revisit this issue once we've fully evaluated and verified the concerns laid out by Joey, Jim, and Ramon.

Unlike · 1 · 20 minutes ago

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:37 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Beautiful!