New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I don't know if this is the right place for this post...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

(I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but I'm tired of trying to find a better place to put it.)

The new tablets have a lot of problems, but here is a one that is a real pain in the ass.

I have a lot of trouble reading the tablet I'm playing, if it is lying flat on its back. NTN knew that this would be a problem for most people, because they put two little feet on the backs of the tablets, that you need to click down to raise the tablets up to an angle, that makes them easy to read.

The problem is that NTN's engineers made these little tablet raising feet out of cheap, poorly integrated plastic, that easily snap off. (I have visited many Buffalo Wild Wings where nearly none of the tablets still have the little feet that have not been broken off.) This lack of foresight on NTN's part has probably left thousands of their tablets with those little tablet raising feet that are gone.

Anyone with half a brain would have realized that this was going to happen, but NTN didn't. :roll:

The best solution to this problem would be for NTN to recall all of their tablets and retrofit them with little support feet that can't break off. However that would cost them a lot of money, and they probably won't do it.

Is it possible that new feet could simply be snapped into where the broken off ones were, or just glued back on...? If so I have some simple solutions to this problem.

Post subject: Re: I don't know if this is the right place for this post...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:09 am 
Nonagenarian

I actually have one of the feet that I keep with me from finding it on the floor. It can be re-attached but it really doesn't stay from my experience. I prefer the tablets but agree that when they are lying flat they are a pain to see and use. I do believe Buzztime may be working on this issue though in new tablets. I will say that I have seen new tablets with a full cross bar kickstand across the back somewhere (may have been at Trivia Palooza this year) and if you google Buzztime Tablets on Images, it sure looks like there is a version of that in existence. I'm not sure what it will take to get these out but hopefully they are on their way to replace the broken feet.

BTW, I'm new here since your hiatus so nice to meet you!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:06 am 

I hate playing on a Tablet without legs also. Ask the manager to call NTN's Customer Support and they will work with them to determine if they need replacement legs or walk them through sending the units in for RMA.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:11 am 
Nonagenarian

Appreciate the reply Jamie - the biggest issue if they need sent in is that so many would be affected that few, if any tablets would remain available for play but I will mention it to the manager tomorrow when I see him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:35 pm 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

Jamie- this sounds great . Thanks for helping to get this done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The 2.0 tablets with the heavy one piece leg have been out for a year or so. That upgrade was great, however, the case breaks easily which jams the reset button so you can't login. Also the software on the 2.0 seems to lock up more often.

Our BWW just got a shipment of replacements in and they seem to have a stronger case and no software issues. Are these the 3.0 tablets or 2.1?

Either way it's better than the old 1.0 tablet.

Welcome back cloudy, there are at least 2 other long threads about tablet problems on here. I'm sure someone can point you to them. :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Post subject: BRUTUS, pleased to meet you...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brutus wrote:
I actually have one of the feet that I keep with me from finding it on the floor. It can be re-attached but it really doesn't stay from my experience. I prefer the tablets but agree that when they are lying flat they are a pain to see and use. I do believe Buzztime may be working on this issue though in new tablets. I will say that I have seen new tablets with a full cross bar kickstand across the back somewhere (may have been at Trivia Palooza this year) and if you google Buzztime Tablets on Images, it sure looks like there is a version of that in existence. I'm not sure what it will take to get these out but hopefully they are on their way to replace the broken feet.

BTW, I'm new here since your hiatus so nice to meet you!

BRUTUS, pleased to meet you too. I'm sorry that I wasn't here to welcome you on board when you first stumbled into the ScaRatings website. I'm still trying to get up to speed on navigating the ScaRatings after my long absence. It's probably going to be more difficult than it has been trying to figure out where all the switches and buttons are on my Toyota Camry, after driving my lady friend's Ford Fusion for more than a year. :lol:

I liked your post. You definitely know what you're talking about. I'm looking forward to reading more of your words of wisdom in the future. :D

It will be interesting to see how NTN resolves the problem of the breaking off tablet feet.

Post subject: Oh No! Just what I didn't want to hear...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
The 2.0 tablets with the heavy one piece leg have been out for a year or so. That upgrade was great, however, the case breaks easily which jams the reset button so you can't login. Also the software on the 2.0 seems to lock up more often.

Our BWW just got a shipment of replacements in and they seem to have a stronger case and no software issues. Are these the 3.0 tablets or 2.1?

Either way it's better than the old 1.0 tablet.

Welcome back cloudy, there are at least 2 other long threads about tablet problems on here. I'm sure someone can point you to them. :mrgreen:

BUD, it's great to hear from you again. I'm still trying to reacclimate myself to the ScaRatings after being away for more than a year. The new posts and threads go all over the place, often without any logical order, and unless you were here while they sprung up, it's Godawful hard to try to find them.

I am amazed by your and BRUTUS's knowledge about the problem with the the little feet breaking off of the new Buzztime tablets. I would guess that the three Buffalo Wild Wings that I have played trivia at must all still be using the old 1.0 tablets, because they are all the same, and they all have the same problem of the broken off feet.

(Just checked the time, and before I wake up at 5:00 a.m. sitting in the swivel chair in front of the computer again, I think it best that I log off and go to sleep. Goodnight my friend.)