New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Would you like to see more metrics for Top 100 lists?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Like click this button and it "merges" East and West feeds to give a more complete picture? Or a tab for Top 100 but limit 1 person per bar. I'm not saying take away what we use now but just add new ways of looking at it.

Top 100 for each game is clearly a solo player metric but it's plagued with team players so you'll never actually see the truly best players accurately listed. For Tuned In, 22 of the current Top 100 players belong to just two bars.* Now I know that great players work together so two players who are working together are good enough to land in the Top 100 on their own merits, but you're lying to yourself if you think everyone in the Top 100 actually deserve to be there. We may as well try out different listings for the hell of it.

*West Park Station and Varsity Pub each have 11 players in the Top 100 for Tuned In. The two bars also take up over 1/5 of Immortal Words.

Post subject: Re: Would you like to see more metrics for Top 100 lists?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:22 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Its the FSplit! Get rid of the split, and we could all be on the same feed and see the top scores across the USA and Canada.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

mrgray wrote:
but you're lying to yourself if you think everyone in the Top 100 actually deserve to be there.

"deserve"?
What an intriguingly loaded word.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

It doesn't need to be, spotes. Say someone multiboxes and two of their accounts are in the Top 100 for a game, Assuming the list is after the top 100 people, that second account doesn't deserve to be there. It can be as simple as that. But if someone rarely gets above 6500 on their own but nabs another 1.5-2k on average from their buddies every week and you need 7k average to be on the list, they don't necessarily need to be on the list. Or even if two or three people who can land in the list on their own are working together, the odds are pretty good that they'd be lower on the list than they are now. Maybe the guy on the 30 spot should actually be the guy on the 60 spot, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:09 pm 
Himself Fodder

Wow, this is some really low-hanging fruit here. For now I'll give other a chance to take a swing.

PLAY BALL!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. IMNSHO there are plenty of other players out there besides my lil old grumpy self that really don't give a flying fuck if we're playing "against" both other individuals and collaborative groups of two or more. In my case, while it is a rare instance when my individual score in Lunchtime or Countdown (the two games at which I bang away the most) ends up either the lone #1 or tied with others, the feeling of having outscored (most) everyone else is one that will *never* get old for me. Image

I for one, see no useful purpose in having the already meager human resources at NTN Buzztime bothered with fabricating more comparison metrics. For now there are two far more pressing issues; quality control of questions/factoids, and reunification of the network.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:42 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

liljol wrote:
For now there are two far more pressing issues; quality control of questions/factoids, and reunification of the network.

I agree, and they should also do away with Jackpot trivia, I have played a few times, and there are way too many repeat questions for me to want to play it again. This would allow for more focus on what LILJOL mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:55 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Yeah I feel like they are repeating questions more frequently. Especially Thursday games?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:19 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

mrgray wrote:
Yeah I feel like they are repeating questions more frequently. Especially Thursday games?

I was talking about jackpot trivia, the new game that BT is wasting their time on. Out of 3 games of 10 questions each, I saw 3 repeats.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:23 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Recent pet peeve with the tablets where I play. Once you log in it sort of forces you into a jackpot trivia screen. You have to exit out of it to go on to the game selection screen. I hope it goes away.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:25 am 
Nonagenarian

mrgray wrote:
Recent pet peeve with the tablets where I play. Once you log in it sort of forces you into a jackpot trivia screen. You have to exit out of it to go on to the game selection screen. I hope it goes away.

I noticed this too. I wonder how well it is doing. I've logged in a few times just to see if anyone else was playing and have yet to see another person logged in. Maybe this is a last ditch effort to garner some interest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Wow, this is some really low-hanging fruit here. For now I'll give other a chance to take a swing.

PLAY BALL!!!!

Not a bad 2k post - congrats :)

Gray - Don Denton's site already meshes the East/West scores together. Granted, it's only for location scores. But you've already conceded the individual scores are meaningless anyway as far as a true individual ranking goes, and that won't change even if you mesh the feeds together.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:03 am 
Lord of Scaratings

mrgray wrote:
Like click this button and it "merges" East and West feeds to give a more complete picture? Or a tab for Top 100 but limit 1 person per bar. I'm not saying take away what we use now but just add new ways of looking at it.

Top 100 for each game is clearly a solo player metric but it's plagued with team players so you'll never actually see the truly best players accurately listed. For Tuned In, 22 of the current Top 100 players belong to just two bars.* Now I know that great players work together so two players who are working together are good enough to land in the Top 100 on their own merits, but you're lying to yourself if you think everyone in the Top 100 actually deserve to be there. We may as well try out different listings for the hell of it.

*West Park Station and Varsity Pub each have 11 players in the Top 100 for Tuned In. The two bars also take up over 1/5 of Immortal Words.

Nope I have no interest in this.