New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: QB1 Message From Jamie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:05 pm 

Over the past 30 years, many memories and friends have been made playing QB1. Its predict-the-play live football game experience was one-of-a-kind for many years. Unfortunately, playing live in conjunction with televised football games became increasingly difficult over the past decade due to the diverse network feeds and delays. Buzztime realizes that QB1, as it exists today, does not deliver the same quality nor competitive experience as it did in the past. It is with sincere regret to share with you that we are retiring the game going forward. Buzztime is committed to continue working on a new sports game with engaging real-time elements that we all enjoyed in QB1.

Post subject: Re: QB1 Message From Jamie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:22 pm 
Himself Fodder

Figured as much. Sad, very sad. But also understandable. A lot of things I'll miss which I'll touch on later.

Including 9/11!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:25 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm certainly not surprised, given that it had become increasingly difficult to find a location that had it as a default, and it wasn't available at any tablet location. COOGS and I were lucky enough that a BWW in Houston still had the boxes so we could play it for this year's Super Bowl, but we figured it was the last one.

Really a shame---

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. The impending demise of QB1 marks the end of an era for the company we now know as Buzztime. :cry: IMO there are many other players out there that are blissfully unaware that QB1 was the first game for then NTN Communications, Inc. The trivia games were created to fill the long gap between football seasons. :o

If anyone can be blamed for this, then I blame that godawful, horrible, no talent assclown FJTLAK for his primary role in the wardrobe malfunction that compelled the five second network delay that eventually destroyed the enjoymemt of QB1 for those that did not go looking for the live feeds. Image Also, those so-called players that just had to "play" QB1 off those live feeds are more than a lil bit to blame. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

So what are those idiots that lagged in 100k scores going to do now? Or what about the ones that bounce around for p+points, their lives must be ruined...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:33 pm 
Himself Fodder

QB1 story time....

2000, game play numbers for QB1 dwarf Showdown and any other trivia game on the network. NTN is giving away tons of large prizes including trips, rings, parties, and other minor awards. Stadium Cafe wins the team championship during the 2001 Super Bowl and is awarded with a big party during the first Monday night of the 2001 season.

Four NTN employees fly in for the party including Jamie Hilton as well as the NTN CEO at the time. The CEO is sporting his personal playmaker with gold housing, we were all jealous. Come to find out that Stadium Cafe would soon be receiving our own gold playermakers as sort of a bonus for our triumph. To my knowledge, we were the only location ever to have a full set of these.

Regardless, the party was awesome and hanging out with everybody was tons of fun. We caroused well into the night. The next morning, the NTN brass heads to the airport to fly back to Carlsbad. That morning was 9/11/2001.

Needless to say they weren't flying anywhere. They were lucky to obtain a rental car which they drove halfway across the country to California.

QB1 was really, really good to both me and my team. Materialistically as well as spiritually. It's been a couple of years since we played, but still think about it often. And I will never be able to watch a single snap of football without mentally calling a play. And still be right a scary percentage of the time. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:45 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, I was never any good at it, but I enjoyed the times I played.

Certainly understand the logistical reasons that undermined the playability of the product.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:57 pm 

Bo is correct. At its peak, QB1 had 50,000+ players playing QB1 in conjunction with MNF.

John Madden and Pat Summerall once held-up a Playmaker in the booth of a nationally televised Cowboys-Eagles game and plugged our website. That was really exciting and generated a lot of traffic :-)

Post subject: liljol, I actually knew that...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

(The following quote was taken out of context, but it was only because the rest of liljol's post didn't have anything to do with my reply.)

liljol wrote:
"... IMO there are many other players out there that are blissfully unaware that QB1 was the first game for then NTN Communications, Inc."

liljol, this may be difficult for you to believe, but I (The QB1 idiot) actually knew that QB1 was how NTN began. I also believe that was sometime in the 1980's, and NTN was operating out of some place in Texas at the time. :D