New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Has this ever happened at your location?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. IIRC Buzztime has been advising players that Mobile Playmaker App will NOT work with iOS 11 and that they will not update the app. Despite a few requests for them to reconsider, looks like (as usual) Buzztime refuses to listen, since, after all...

"PLAYERS ARE NOT OUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!"

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GONE D wrote:
HoopScoop wrote:
Those players must have Androids or haven't updated to iOS 11 on their iPhones yet.

Thank you, HoopScoop. Of the four players at the Tailgate who have the Buzztime app on their phones, two were playing their phones Tuesday night. POPC (Ericka) played cleanly for a fine 61K. NCYCLO (Jerry) got kicked out of the game three times and settled for a 50K. I'm going to take your wisdom to the Tailgate next Tuesday and canvass all four of them regarding the make and OS of their phones.

As a daily player, more or less, I wake up every morning grateful that I have access to three local sites which have good old-fashioned blue playmakers: the Bungalow Inn, the Tailgate, and my backyard place, B-52.

If any of them have apple phones they do not want to upgrade to iOS 11. The old 10.3.3 works just fine for the phone and for buzztime. With 11 the BT app wont even open. I'll guess the difference the players noticed was due to thier data carrier or 1 of them playing through the bar's wifi. (not recommended)

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

HoopScoop wrote:
Those players must have Androids or haven't updated to iOS 11 on their iPhones yet.

Yup. I am quite purposely not updating to iOS 11 on my phone for that reason, and I asked my teammates to consider holding off at least until the end of the tournament. Of course, I can't begrudge the people who wanted to upgrade to the new iPhones when they came out, but we may have to consider other options for locations if we can't get the glitch issue resolved at BWW-Kent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

We had feared that the recurring problem might happen on a tournament elimination night, and it did indeed happen last night as we were getting ready for the finals of the Sandbag Tournament. Fortunately for us, the problem manifested during the Countdown game before Brainbuster, and all the boxes came back online right about the time Brianbuster started. A few people missed the first question trying to log back in, but they gave us no problem for the rest of the evening.

I think now that the tournament is over we are going to see if this can be fixed, even if it means replacing the system.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The problem could well arise out of the number of tablets and phones in use at one time?
I don't know that a new Gen 3 tablet system will solve it.

I understand the new Gen 4 tablets are planned to roll out in the 1st Q, maybe the new system they entail will work better for high volume needs?

At bww Gaithersburg about once every 2 to 3 months on a high volume Friday night we have had the lock up problem where all tablets freeze as Spotlight rolls on, on the tvs. But I don't hear about it from anyone else but you and your very high number of players situation. I assume this only happens on Tues at your bww. So I don't know how wide spread it actually is?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
The problem could well arise out of the number of tablets and phones in use at one time?

I have wondered about this. It usually does happen at high-volume times, with a lot of people on both phones and boxes. But of course that describes a lot of weeks when it doesn't happen, too.

Is it possible that it is related to wi-fi in any way? There was a big crowd at BWW for things other than trivia (Akron and Kent both had televised football games, I think), and there were undoubtedly a lot of people using the free wi-fi on their phones. We routinely tell people who are using phones to go to data rather than use the wi-fi there, which is notoriously inconsistent.

I honestly don't know what happens there any other day of the week. From what I gleaned from Don Denton's stats before BT changed the website, Tuesdays were the only night with any appreciable trivia crowd.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. We can hope that maybe the new system will be more robust.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm 
Lotsa Posta

During spotlight last night, Walsh's tablets lost the connection during one question. All boards had to log off and back in and we lost points for that question.

As the question was to identify the movie with the line "My name is Inigo Montoya" (the wall screen showed the question as normal) and we were second by less than 1000 points, it was not a pleasant experience. Did that happen to anyone else last night or at other times?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:12 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
During spotlight last night, Walsh's tablets lost the connection during one question. All boards had to log off and back in and we lost points for that question.

As the question was to identify the movie with the line "My name is Inigo Montoya" (the wall screen showed the question as normal) and we were second by less than 1000 points, it was not a pleasant experience. Did that happen to anyone else last night or at other times?
It happened at BWW-Gaithersburg too. Same question and everything. We didn't need to log out and back in; the next question showed up fine after numerous curses involving the word "inconceivable."

On the bright side, we finished sixth, with our average scored as precisely 1,517 points behind the fifth place site, meaning that by not having those 1500 points per box (1,000 on that question and an instaget on the final), we were spared missing the next spot up by an excruciating margin.

As for the poster speculating about wifi overload, I don't think the Buzztime system uses the same wi-fi system as the site in general. The wi-fi in Gaithersburg's been fubar for months, but we're still able to (usually) play just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

This has become an almost daily occurrance at Sandbar. The game will "time out" for close to exactly twenty minutes. There seems to be no pattern to when it starts.

I've heard the the golden tee golf players and the (networked soft tip ) dart players complain as well. They don't get locked out. Their games just go much slower.

It happened one evening just before shift change (7 pm). I was close enough to hear the bartender curse out the credit card machine to speed the F* up.

Let's add in the jukebox which can sometimes go eerily silent.

Shoot, it might be the Russian hackers trying to get into any of these.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zzuupp wrote:
This has become an almost daily occurrance at Sandbar. The game will "time out" for close to exactly twenty minutes. There seems to be no pattern to when it starts.

I've heard the the golden tee golf players and the (networked soft tip ) dart players complain as well. They don't get locked out. Their games just go much slower.

It happened one evening just before shift change (7 pm). I was close enough to hear the bartender curse out the credit card machine to speed the F* up.

Let's add in the jukebox which can sometimes go eerily silent.

Shoot, it might be the Russian hackers trying to get into any of these.

Thanks--this sounds exactly like the issue we've been having. It is usually about 20 minutes until we are let back into the system. I feel your pain, but it is good to know that it isn't unique to our location.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:22 pm 
Ending Symphony

Happened at BWW Henderson, NV during Six. After the first round, boxes froze up, tried exiting game, logging off and logging back on with one box. All worked, but after logging in, six was not available. Tried logging in with Iphone, worked fine. After around 20 minutes tried logging off and back on with the first box, six was available and worked. The second box was still frozen, had to exit game, log off, and back on, then it worked normally.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:56 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I thought it was getting better.

Until tonight.

Timed out during the second football game, and then again right after the first movie night.

We could log in for the first pink game, but got timed out before the first question.

Couldn't get back in until the last round of coundown. I had already got my tab, and played the first few questions of playback.