New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Has this ever happened at your location?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

So last night we finished BrainBuster, during which the questions on the pads occasionally lagged from the main screen, and some people pressed the correct answer right away on some questions and got zero points for it anyway.

Then, all of the screens on all the pads in the establishment froze right before Showdown. Fortunately for us, DROLL noticed this in time for all of us who had the app on our phones to boot them up quickly and get into the game just in time to answer the first question.

Everyone who only had a pad, though, was S.O.L. If you logged out and logged back in again, you were only given three options to play, none of which were Showdown. The same was true for those boxes that we restarted using the hard reboot hole at the top. Then, sometime toward the end of the Countdown Round, the pads all came back online again.

I have never experienced a total failure of all units like this before. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any idea what may cause this, or what to do if it happens again?

Post subject: Re: Has this ever happened at your location?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

You were hacked by the Russians, paid for by the Chicago underworld. It worked, they squeaked by for the win. But you did win the popular vote. :mrgreen:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. A similar thing happened within the past week or so at one of the BWWs here in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard whilst this lil old grump was banging away at Countdown. In that case, though, it happened around Q7 or 8, and the tablet logged out of Countdown. :( Countdown did not show up as a option until just after the network rankings for that game.

Since both of these happened at BWWs, have to wonder if this is yet another flaw with the first generation tablets. FWIW, slowly but surely refurbished first generation tablets with better battery lives are making their ways back to two of the BWWs in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
You were hacked by the Russians, paid for by the Chicago underworld. It worked, they squeaked by for the win. But you did win the popular vote. :mrgreen:

I knew it! It was rigged! And we already know that the Loop people know how to use computers. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. A similar thing happened within the past week or so at one of the BWWs here in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard whilst this lil old grump was banging away at Countdown. In that case, though, it happened around Q7 or 8, and the tablet logged out of Countdown. :( Countdown did not show up as a option until just after the network rankings for that game.

Since both of these happened at BWWs, have to wonder if this is yet another flaw with the first generation tablets. FWIW, slowly but surely refurbished first generation tablets with better battery lives are making their ways back to two of the BWWs in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard. :roll:

Thanks, LILJOL--it's good to know. The fact that our phone apps worked fine for the most part led us to suspect that the problem lay mostly with the boxes or perhaps the wifi at BWW (it is often spotty, and our mobile app players usually use data rather than wifi for that reason).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:31 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Teasers (old playmakers)has had problems with games freezing up, especially Six and Countdown. There it seems to be contention with the sports game on other screens there. Not sure if it is the same thing. We make sure sports game is not on alternate screens before premium games. Poker does not affect us.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:33 pm 
Lotsa Posta

ANON wrote:
BUD wrote:

I knew it! It was rigged! And we already know that the Loop people know how to use computers. ;)

Sometimes. We do not take them seriously, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:21 pm 
Centenarian

Happened today at Wild Bill's in Woodbury ,MN.For about half hour game was on screen but not playmaker.A manager and buzztime resolved it.It came back on and worked the rest of time I was there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ANON wrote:

Everyone who only had a pad, though, was S.O.L. If you logged out and logged back in again, you were only given three options to play, none of which were Showdown. The same was true for those boxes that we restarted using the hard reboot hole at the top. Then, sometime toward the end of the Countdown Round, the pads all came back online again.

This is happening frequently at our local BWW. We only play there on Saturdays, and by my count it's happened around 30% of the time the last couple dozen Saturdays we've played there.

It usually happens right before the 8pm Countdown game. Three weeks ago, it happened, we couldn't play the first round of the 8pm game, then at the C-break, the tablets/logins started working again, and the rest of the game was fine.

Last night it happened again at the exact same time. This time, the manager on duty said "maybe the wire plug in was loose and someone accidentally knocked it out, I'll go restart the game." So, he restarted it, we were able to log in and play four questions in the second round, then the tablets froze up again at the next C-break, and they were unable to get them working again after that.

We could still watch the questions on the tv screen, we just couldn't log in to the tablets.

I don't think I want to frequent this particular BWW anymore, given how their tablets for trivia can fail at any time & do fail far too often. Once in awhile can happen to any site. But 30% of the time is way too high of a failure rate to play.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It happened again last night in the middle of Brainbuster: every box in the joint crapped out, and could not be brought back online until after the warm-up round of Showdown. Phones apps worked fine. This is intensely frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

It's rather discouraging to the rest of us to learn that your boxes weren't working, and you STILL won the Showdown game. Is it too late for us to drop out of the McCarthy Cup tournament?
XT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

xtrain wrote:
It's rather discouraging to the rest of us to learn that your boxes weren't working, and you STILL won the Showdown game. Is it too late for us to drop out of the McCarthy Cup tournament?
XT

LOL. No, you're stuck. ;)

Because the glitch happened in the middle of Brainbuster, that meant we were able to press every app-equipped phone into service by 8:30, so that mitigated the disruption for Showdown. Our Brainbuster performance, on the other hand, was probably our worst in almost a year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:29 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

When I first saw this thread, I figured it would be like...

OHHHHH NOOOOO!!!!! I popped for Showdown only
To find that all the tablets were taken by SPACETEAM players!!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Aaaaand, it happened again. Right in the middle of Brainbuster, all the boxes at BWW-Kent crashed out of the game. We lost at least a question's worth of points scrambling for our phones to log in again. This is getting frustrating--are we the only place at which this happens regularly?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:39 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Boxes or tablets, ANON? Most BWW have tablets, and the tablet interface seems especially wobbly.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GONE D wrote:
Boxes or tablets, ANON? Most BWW have tablets, and the tablet interface seems especially wobbly.

Yes, tablets. We never had that happen when we had the boxes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

And it happened yet again last night. During the Countdown Round of Showdown, all the boxes got booted out of the game, and would not let players log into Showdown again until after the Category Round. Unless you started the game on your phone, you lost at least 100 points as you scrambled to log on to your phone app, and most of us lost more.

With Buzztime not upgrading the Buzztime app so it will work on the new iPhone iOS this fall, I can see a scenario in which our team will be just plain S.O.L during a tournament game because we won't be able to play boxes or phones for 1/3 of the game.

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

And it happened again, right after Brainbuster and Showdown. Most of us missed the first Warm-up question as we were switching to our phones, but those who did not have the app on their phones were stuck. The game became available about midway through the Warmup Round, which is a shorter period than it has been in the past, but it is supremely frustrating.

Has anyone else had this problem lately? Looking back over this thread, it seems to have become more frequent at our location.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:48 pm 
Lotsa Posta

It appears as it may be a software issue on the home computer. I don't know how BT's software is programmed, so I can't say what is causing it. In my line of work, we would start looking at that problem first. Good luck in resolving the problem as I know that is definitely frustrating. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
It appears as it may be a software issue on the home computer. I don't know how BT's software is programmed, so I can't say what is causing it. In my line of work, we would start looking at that problem first. Good luck in resolving the problem as I know that is definitely frustrating. :(

Thanks! I'll ask the management about it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. A couple of days ago, not once but twice, the following happened:

Between rounds of banging away at Countdown, the tablet screen went dark, except for one of those irritating spaceteam icons in the upper left corner, with something like "PANIC KERNEL UPLOAD". During rebooting, the tablet would not reset the local time after the more or less usual six tries. :(

It would be easy and convenient to dismiss this as an obvious sign that these first generation tablets are coming to the end of their line. Then again, maybe it is even more reason to point fingers at the tablet manufacturer for providing consistently defective products. :evil:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I wasn't there, but apparently it happened again last night--all the boxes kicked out of the game right in the middle of the pyramid round, so those players were screwed. Fortunately for the team, enough people were playing on their phones to allow for a decent finish. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:19 pm 
Centenarian

Those players must have Androids or haven't updated to iOS 11 on their iPhones yet.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:19 am 
Lotsa Posta

HoopScoop wrote:
Those players must have Androids or haven't updated to iOS 11 on their iPhones yet.

Thank you, HoopScoop. Of the four players at the Tailgate who have the Buzztime app on their phones, two were playing their phones Tuesday night. POPC (Ericka) played cleanly for a fine 61K. NCYCLO (Jerry) got kicked out of the game three times and settled for a 50K. I'm going to take your wisdom to the Tailgate next Tuesday and canvass all four of them regarding the make and OS of their phones.

As a daily player, more or less, I wake up every morning grateful that I have access to three local sites which have good old-fashioned blue playmakers: the Bungalow Inn, the Tailgate, and my backyard place, B-52.