New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tablet boot up setting
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:51 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Quick question if anybody can help. What is the setting that determines whether the tablets need to be booted up before use or just removed from the charging fixture and be ready for use immediately? My main location has them reboot which often takes several minutes and I have noticed and most other places they are much more conveniently set up.

Post subject: Re: Tablet boot up setting
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The 3.0 tablets do not need to be rebooted unless they are off.(dark)
If a tablet's battery runs all the way down it will turn off. After getting recharged it will remain off till rebooted.

There is no need to reboot a tablet already on, unless it is locked up which is very rare.

I hope I understood your question. Tell that bar to stop rebooting the tablets before handing them out. That is strange, most places have them available.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:18 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Thanks for the response. As far as I know they are not doing anything after we hand the tablets back. Certainly they claim to do no shutoff, and we have never seen that happen. But every single time, without exception, when they hand a tablet out from the charger it has to be rebooted with a pen etc - it's part of their normal routine. I was assuming there was some kind of hibernate vs. shut down setting on the tablets themselves which determines what they do on being replaced back in the charging rack. Would then save both the staff and the customers unnecessary steps and delays.

Incidentally is the 3.0 a reference to the tablet model? These say Tab 2 on booting up. Are we perhaps simply behind the times with hardware? This is the first tablet place I've played at as a home base so no knowledge of the history involved.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:53 am 

The players at Wild Bill's started putting their own tablets back in the charger and we seem to have a lot less problems with tablets not getting charged. I don't know if that is practical where you play though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:27 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Tablets are much worse germ factories than blue playmakers. Is there a way for a server to take a bar rag to wipe down a tablet, which would cause the tablet to reboot, or require rebooting?

Always good to hear from you, BUD.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:15 pm 
U > 100 * 2

I have had servers wipe down the new playmakers, which required them to be rebooted. So don't have them do it unless you have time before the game starts!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:14 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I,be never seen wipedowns cause them to reboot or need it...

I have seen them accidentally logged off this way, tho. How are they being made to reboot?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Rackme32 wrote:
I,be never seen wipedowns cause them to reboot or need it...

I have seen them accidentally logged off this way, tho. How are they being made to reboot?

The screen would just freeze up. Usually if I play at a BWW, they hand me some BBQ-encrusted block of germs, which they sometimes attempt to clean with a handi-wipe. I've had the bartender use a bar rag, too, which doesn't seem like it would be very effective, nor good for the tablet. Both have ostensibly caused the need for a reboot.