New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Big Changes coming to BWW ?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rackme32 wrote:

The menu function tablets have been a thing for about 2 years now. The Arooga's chain of 14 locations in PA has been using them successfully for a long time. However, getting these Gen 4 tablets in 2,500 BWWs is a bigger hurdle. I hope BT can get moving on production and rollout in BWW.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The manager of the local BWW recently came back from a managers meeting where he said it was disclosed BWW had renewed their contract with Buzztime. Also BWW will get all new tablets that will do credit/debit card transactions first quarter 2018. He implied the tablet is a new design that just started production so is it gen 3 or is there a gen 4? He could not say how many tablets each unit will get.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
The manager of the local BWW recently came back from a managers meeting where he said it was disclosed BWW had renewed their contract with Buzztime. Also BWW will get all new tablets that will do credit/debit card transactions first quarter 2018. He implied the tablet is a new design that just started production so is it gen 3 or is there a gen 4? He could not say how many tablets each unit will get.

That would be the 4th gen tablets. I had heard late this year for them to hit BWW but sounds like that could be pushed back as usual. I'd say most stores will get the same number they have now so there will be a shortage of tablets for the large teams that's for sure. Probably one on every table so we'll have to roam around and scoop them up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:06 pm 
Centenarian

Yes,this is great news.
Buffalo Wild Wings and buzztime are better off working together.Thankyou to all the people who with dogged determination and clarity implored that they stay together through their emails,phone calls and other social media.They as others have mentioned tried their own trivia at Eagan Wild Wings.I was told it was a flop.Also,it should be noted Mon-Fri.during lunch Wild Wings has a very good competitively priced fast break lunch.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I recently found out that Buzztime is no longer refurbishing or taking returns on Gen 1 tablets.
A bar called to get some return bags for several Gen 1s no longer holding a charge and was told they will have to make do with what they have on hand till sometime during the 1st Q of 2018.

They will get the Gen 4 credit card tablets at that time.

Don't know if anybody else has run into this yet. Also don't know about the Gen 2 or 3 replacement orders being denied or not. I'd guess all tablets will get replaced by the 4s eventually.

Anyone got tablet returns set up recently?
Also is BT still sending replacement blue boxes out or completely given up on them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Also is BT still sending replacement blue boxes out or completely given up on them?

BT replaced a couple of bad boxes at Chicago Sam's a couple of months ago.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 am 
Centenarian

At End Zone a couple weeks ago 3 blue boxes were replaced that couldn't hold a charge.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:37 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

BUD wrote:
Anyone got tablet returns set up recently?

At my local TGIF, the boxes have been failing regularly over the last few months. As of last week there were only three boxes that we could hope to last more than a game - if that. The manager claims that he sent Buzztime some boxes and they never returned them. He said he requested that other bad boxes be repaired or replaced - and all BT will do is try to convince him to upgrade to the new tablets
(corporate has said - emphatically - NO to the upgrade). Even though I suspect this is not one of their highest priorities, from what I remember from the days when NTN switched from the old green boxes to the blue, it's likely that he's pretty much telling the truth.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:20 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: For the purpose of transitioning discussion from another thread to this one...

Here in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard, the Mayweather-McGregor event was shown in three of the seven BWWs. With respect to the two BWWs at which this lil old grump regularly bangs away :), one shows UFC numbered events and one doesn't. The one that does is down the street from a now dark former Buzztime site that charged admission for same. Based on the comments in that other thread, seems that there is no hard and fast BWW corporate policy to show or not show UFC and other related events.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. :roll: For the purpose of transitioning discussion from another thread to this one...

Here in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard, the Mayweather-McGregor event was shown in three of the seven BWWs. With respect to the two BWWs at which this lil old grump regularly bangs away :), one shows UFC numbered events and one doesn't. The one that does is down the street from a now dark former Buzztime site that charged admission for same. Based on the comments in that other thread, seems that there is no hard and fast BWW corporate policy to show or not show UFC and other related events.

They stopped UFC at several local BWWs because the fans were getting into fights and causing damage. UFC brings out a different crowd!

Locally happy hour ends at 5PM (beer only, no food), whereas in other areas it ends at 6PM. Why go to BWW after work when so many other places have good happy hours that end at 6 or 7PM. You think happy hour would be defined by corporate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 am 

I see that BWW is now opening these new 'fast food' style locations aimed at Millenials with 200+ locations planned. Looking at the 2 open in Minnnesota, they do not come up on the Buzztime Site search. I am guessing they do not have the buzztime game?

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I see 2 roads:

1. After BWW gets a bunch of these up and running without buzztime, the bean counters use the cost savings achieved at these as something that needs to be rolled out to the full service BWW's and at some point down the road,, they cancel the chainwide buzztime contract.

-OR- (the better option)

2. The successful launch of these 'Millenial locations' without buzztime makes the buzztime folks realize that it is a wasted effort trying to 'Millenial-ize' trivia by dumbing down the questions and adding more pop culture garbage since the millenials will be using the fast food version of BWW without the game installed.

http://www.businessinsider.com/buffalo- ... als-2017-7

From Investor Presentation:

•Piloting small format BWLD locations with company-owned and franchise development
‐Natural extension of BWLD brand
‐Initial stores expected to open in Q3 2017
‐2,000 –2,500 square foot average footprint
‐Estimated AUV of $1.0–$1.5 million per store, leading to higher revenue per square foot than traditional BWLD locations
‐Opportunity for 200+ locations

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

These new very small "to go stores" do not have room for full service amenities as the regular stores do. I don't see any way to compare the two types of stores. The success of the To Go stores will have no effect on buzztime in the full service stores which are entertainment based.

Think of these new stores as competition for Wing Stop, the small stores with 2 tables stuffed in near the door with 2 seats each. 99% of the people are To Go customers. BWW is building in the same model.

BWW knows buzztime is an important part of the full service store's entertainment package.

Buzztime is here to stay.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
I recently found out that Buzztime is no longer refurbishing or taking returns on Gen 1 tablets.
A bar called to get some return bags for several Gen 1s no longer holding a charge and was told they will have to make do with what they have on hand till sometime during the 1st Q of 2018.

This might explain why it is nearly impossible to find a working board at the Willowbrook, Illinois BWW.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:55 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Per BT in their answer to me: Their are no plans to upgrade their app to be compatible with OS 11. Their focus now is on in-venue gaming.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:53 pm 
Cuboctahedral Faces

BUD wrote:

I hope this doesn't count as thread mining but they (buzztime) need to do something. The tablets at the local bw3 are so bad some of them are bulging out of the cases and won't go back into the charging cradles ... the manager there confirmed that they weren't taking returns. We've been relegated to rifling through the charging case looking for tablets that have good charge, turning them off, and keeping them as a spare for when one at our table dies ... :-/

-Miser