New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 4th generation tablets
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: As of this morning BWW Mission Valley has the 4th generation tablets. :o After this lil old grump drags his poor tired lil old grumpy ass back to his humble lil abode, a few lil pictures will be uploaded to show the significant differences from the 3rd generation tablets.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: 4th generation tablets
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

This is very encouraging and hopeful that Buzztime is on schedule with the roll-out of the new tablets! Did the BWW need to shutdown for anytime to upgrade software?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Great, right on schedule, hard to believe.

Was the menu ordering software installed yet?
Or the credit card pay option?

I know most of us don't care much about either of those options but they are very important for the long term existence of Buzztime. If this doesn't work well, Roark Group, the new owners of BWW will probably look for other options.

Looking good though, since the 4th Gen is on schedule.

Maybe MD will get them by fall.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
This is very encouraging and hopeful that Buzztime is on schedule with the roll-out of the new tablets! Did the BWW need to shutdown for anytime to upgrade software?

One of the managers told this lil old grump that they were installed Friday, so I have no idea if any playing time was lost. Another manager thought that the installation would be the 25th. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Great, right on schedule, hard to believe.

Was the menu ordering software installed yet?
Or the credit card pay option?

I know most of us don't care much about either of those options but they are very important for the long term existence of Buzztime. If this doesn't work well, Roark Group, the new owners of BWW will probably look for other options.

Looking good though, since the 4th Gen is on schedule.

Maybe MD will get them by fall.

Supposedly credit card pay will be effective in a couple of weeks or so. No word on menu ordering. :|

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:16 am 
Hitter's Number

Thanks for posting the update. We have been wondering when they would roll out.
For some time there have been a few questions about the tablet on the $5 off survey at the bottom of BWW receipts. I wonder what % will actually use the payment feature or if BWW even examines that data.
Regardless for years I have filled out these surveys, specifically stating that we come to BWW solely for Buzztime trivia, in hopes that someone somewhere keeps a tally.

Attachments:
snip1.jpg
snip1.jpg [ 39.18 KiB | Viewed 1207 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

4th Gen tablets go live across California and Minnesota says BT.

You can now order food and re-order drinks with the new tablets. You have to order your 1st drink in person with a server for under age liability reasons.

You can now pay your tab with chip credit cards as well as proximity payment methods.

Hoping for some 1st hand reports out of CA and MN of how smoothly it goes. Also how much tougher is it to get a tablet if they are being pushed on the general non trivia playing public.

This is needed for the survival of BT but could be bad for trivia players in BWW that are already short on number of tablets. Maybe the stores will increase thier number of tablets, we can hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Tablet shortage at the BWW sites that I visit will not be an issue. Hardly anyone plays there anymore. They have either moved away or found other things to do.

Just the same, if I play at BWW, I'll leave information about the system and issues.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

jeradc wrote:
Thanks for posting the update. We have been wondering when they would roll out.
For some time there have been a few questions about the tablet on the $5 off survey at the bottom of BWW receipts. I wonder what % will actually use the payment feature or if BWW even examines that data.
Regardless for years I have filled out these surveys, specifically stating that we come to BWW solely for Buzztime trivia, in hopes that someone somewhere keeps a tally.

I don't think they listen. I fill one out every time I get a survey and tell them that the BWW Willowbrook's boards aren't working. I even mentioned it to the manager and asked if Buzztime has ever come in to repair the current boards. He seemed to think I was speaking Farsi.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: Credit card pay has been activated, but only for swipes, which is a major problem due to the possibility of having information scanned by a following customer. :evil:

Menu ordering is also live, but it should be little if any surprise that this lil old grump has a major problem with having to log out of Buzztime trivia to have to use the ordering icon on the tablets. :evil: For now the nice staff at BWW Mission Valley continues to let this lil old grump order and pay without using the tablets. :)

One other issue that could arise - overzealous servers who log in their server numbers on more than a few tablets and then put them on surrounding tables, allowing them to discharge. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: This lil old grump, showing his increasingly decrepit, fragile lil mind :cry:, forgot to mention that BWW Sports Arena now has the 4th generation tablets. As of Saturday, menu ordering and credit card pay had not yet been activated. :|

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Great, thanks Liljol. So what's the size and feel of these gen 4s? Bigger, smaller? Is the case strong looking, still have nice rubber corners? How's the play and response of the screen, any better than the 3 which would take a couple of hits on some old dirty ones.

The sitting them around on tables like at Applebee's was what I was worried about. I can see a shortage for MB teams already.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Great, thanks Liljol. So what's the size and feel of these gen 4s? Bigger, smaller? Is the case strong looking, still have nice rubber corners? How's the play and response of the screen, any better than the 3 which would take a couple of hits on some old dirty ones.

The sitting them around on tables like at Applebee's was what I was worried about. I can see a shortage for MB teams already.

Well, hell. :) The 4th generation tablets are about the same size as the 3rd generation tablets - they still have rubber corners. 8-) So far no issues with touch response - would assume that screens need to be kept clean as with the prior generations. :|

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: For those who have not yet heard, the 4th generation tablets have been recalled due to security issues with the credit card swipe (imagine that :evil:). As of now no replacements have been made and it unclear if there will be any. :roll:

In addition, there have been problems noted with not properly crediting answers and logging out randomly. Looks like Buzztime has committed yet another godawful bungle. :evil:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dang it, that's bad news. You would have thought all that security would have been tested before rolling out. Hopefully a fix can be implemented quickly.

Now, how long will Inspire Brands (parent of Arby's and BWW) give BT to figure this out. I've read that Paul Brown CEO of Inspire has said he will be very patient with BWW, hopefully that applies to thier BT contract too.

It can't be too hard to have secure payments on the tablet. The other brands at Applebee's don't seem to have trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Dang it, that's bad news. You would have thought all that security would have been tested before rolling out. Hopefully a fix can be implemented quickly.

Now, how long will Inspire Brands (parent of Arby's and BWW) give BT to figure this out. I've read that Paul Brown CEO of Inspire has said he will be very patient with BWW, hopefully that applies to thier BT contract too.

It can't be too hard to have secure payments on the tablet. The other brands at Applebee's don't seem to have trouble.

Heh, could it be that those other tablets benefit from NOT having Buzztime involved? :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: As if any more evidence was needed to show how horribly mismanaged Buzztime is...

Thursday, BWW Mission Valley had a supply of the older generation tablets. However, it took Buzztime until Saturday to finally provide some to BWW Sports Arena, and they did so by FedEx. :lol: Given that both stores are about a half hour or so drive from Buzztime's offices, seems to this lil old grump that it might have been more cost effective to have an employee make the drive. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:54 am 
Lotsa Posta

Maybe a personal delivery would be too practical or maybe it would be too scary for an employee to deliver them. :|