New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: BWW Dumping Buzztime
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:34 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

bejoe wrote:
I would highly recommend using those rewards points ASAP. That is the only reason I returned to BWW after dumping BT - because I got an email that my points would expire and I was not going to let them keep them. Thus my visit to discover their half-ass attempt at replicating BT trivia.

Hmmm ... As soon as we heard BWW was dumping Buzztime last year, we started cashing in points like crazy. If they expire a couple hundred points, no regrets. I haven't been in a BWW since November, and see no reason to change that.

Quote:
If there is no football, I don't see how BWW will survive. They are a shell of their former self. I went yesterday at noon lunchtime. The staff on hand consisted of 3. Yes THREE: A teenage girl working the takeaway counter, a cook, and the manager who was 'managing' by sitting at the bar with a laptop, bartending, as well as waiting and busing tables. (all 4 customers there including myself).

The chain completely whored out to the NFL, and if a lack of football crashes them, so be it. This is the place that wouldn't turn one screen to trivia on a fall Sunday, that would clog the main screen and the sound system with a rerun of a fucking exhibition game not even featuring the local team, rather than a significant late season baseball game involving the local team, that would put fucking Thursday night Cleveland-Jacksonville on every screen to the expense of things people actually cared about. To hell with them. And the NFL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:45 pm 

Went in to BWW to burn some points today. It looks like they have changed up their trivia offering. The lame non-networked game that was playing on the TV was replaced with a screen showing betting odds for weekend football. During 'breaks' it directed you to the Blazing rewards app for trivia which is now integrated with the Blazing Rewards system. They now run 3 games per day (Lunch, Happy Hour and Night) which are longer multiple-round games more akin to the BT 'premium games'.

In the new version, game play is 'app only' questions do not appear on the TV screen. Questions rotate around 'True/False', Multiple Choice or 'free form answer'. The free form answer ones are very picky. One question was 'what number does 'tres' in spanish represent? I typed '3' and it scored me wrong looking for 'three'.

The new version is networked with national rankings shown between rounds (using your first name and last initial as appearin on rewards account) and a follow up email showing your state and national ranking. Each question:True False' or 'multiple choice' would also show the percentage answer distribution once answer shown.

It also says that prizes in the form of rewards points or BWW gift cards are issued (I did horrible since joining the middle of the 'Lunch' game, so nothing for me). No points were required to play.

While nowhere near BT play experience and the limited '3 games a day', it is a much better improvement over the previous 'non-networked' version they were running.

Looking at the national schedule, it looks like it runs on the old BT 'East/West Split' model with East Coast and Central Time playing together and a separate version for Mountain/Pacific/Alaska/Hawaii.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/daily-trivia/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BWW doesn’t have enough money to offer me to ever go back in one their stores. 3 games a day is a joke. Don’t fucking give a shit what they do anymore. They can all burn to the ground and I’d laugh my ass off, as long as all the employees got out. Throw some gas on the fire too.

Enough said about those Jack asses.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:57 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I agree. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

bejoe wrote:
Went in to BWW to burn some points today. It looks like they have changed up their trivia offering. The lame non-networked game that was playing on the TV was replaced with a screen showing betting odds for weekend football. During 'breaks' it directed you to the Blazing rewards app for trivia which is now integrated with the Blazing Rewards system. They now run 3 games per day (Lunch, Happy Hour and Night) which are longer multiple-round games more akin to the BT 'premium games'.

In the new version, game play is 'app only' questions do not appear on the TV screen. Questions rotate around 'True/False', Multiple Choice or 'free form answer'. The free form answer ones are very picky. One question was 'what number does 'tres' in spanish represent? I typed '3' and it scored me wrong looking for 'three'.

The new version is networked with national rankings shown between rounds (using your first name and last initial as appearin on rewards account) and a follow up email showing your state and national ranking. Each question:True False' or 'multiple choice' would also show the percentage answer distribution once answer shown.

It also says that prizes in the form of rewards points or BWW gift cards are issued (I did horrible since joining the middle of the 'Lunch' game, so nothing for me). No points were required to play.

While nowhere near BT play experience and the limited '3 games a day', it is a much better improvement over the previous 'non-networked' version they were running.

Looking at the national schedule, it looks like it runs on the old BT 'East/West Split' model with East Coast and Central Time playing together and a separate version for Mountain/Pacific/Alaska/Hawaii.

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/daily-trivia/

I played part of the game on Friday during Happy Hour. It was much better than their previous attempt. I laughed at the free form answer round thinking, "you really expect drunks to spell correctly on their phones?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10