New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: BWW Dumping Buzztime
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 am 

jerrys wrote:
Lumpy I stopped going to the BWW in Rockville two years ago for the same reason - they wouldn't put the Caps game audio on (people want to hear the music). In this case it was the bartender who wouldn't even get the manager when I asked for him. I didn't see him around, so I just paid and left - and have never been back.
Interestingly enough - BWW was almost empty that night. I went to another sports bar without trivia but who did have the Caps game on. It was packed with people watching the game. So much for BWW being a "sports bar".

I think that experience is more specific to how a particular location is managed. Here, one location is kind of like that. There are days when you never see the manager come out of the back and the employees have free reign to control the A/V equipment. I have seen where the daily sports schedule clipboard on the wall doesn't even have the paper since nobody bothered to print it out, and the whiteboard where they are supposed to note which satellite box is set to a particular game still has games from 2 weeks ago listed from someone who did follow procedure. Most of the TV's will just be set to all the ESPN's regardless of whats on since thats what it defaults to upon boot-up in the morning. While it's easy to get the bartender to change something on TV (sports or Trivia) you have the 'lunatics running the asylum' mentality where they do what suits their personal needs: one girl will never turn off the music because she wants to listen to it. One guy will only put the sound on games he wants to follow personally and the manager is never seen to ask to override.

On the other hand, there is another location down the road where the employees are not allowed to touch the A/V equipment. The manager is always seen proactively looking at the daily sports listing clipboard pre-programming the satellite boxes and putting on live sports with emphasis on local teams as well as cutting of music when games are starting. While it's a pain to have to wait for them to get the manager to say put on trivia, the employees 'personal requests' have to got through the manager who will weigh them against customer demand.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:25 pm 

BUD wrote:
Reminder on how easy it is to get through to someone at BWW:

http://www.buffalowildwings.com .... >>scroll all the way down to "Contact" near the bottom of page.

"whats on your mind?" >>select company

"this is about" >>select general feedback

Fill in a name, you don't need to give an address.

Pick a State and zip code from my list below of one of the 8 BWW that have dropped BT.

Got to put in a email. (the 1st response will be canned but if you reply to that you will get someone to answer you)

Pick the State, city, location, date and time of your visit.

Then "negative experience", a nice message, and Yes you want to be contacted.

These are the 8 locations and zip codes I know of: (there has got to be more)
Roseville MN 55113
Savage MN 55378
Elk River MN 55330
Baytown TX 77521
Dulles VA 20166
Leesburg VA 20176
Alexandria VA 22306
Waldorf MD 20603

Or call 952-593-9433 then 4. I doubt anyone keeps track of that # like the negatives on the website.

Please take a minute to send a "negative experience" in guys. Those of us that do still have to play BT at a BWW thank you!!

I think these 2 Columbus area locations can be added to the list. They come up on the BWW site but not the BT sitefinder:

https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/loc ... etail/0145
https://www.buffalowildwings.com/en/loc ... etail/0023

Also, it looks like so far they are all Corp stores. The Corporate stores all have 3 character or less store codes with leading 0's. The Franchises have store ID's 4 digits with a leading 3. I wonder if the Franchises will be allowed to keep it sort of like there are franchises that still kept the Tuesday bone-in special and didn't go to BOGO boneless.

Roseville MN 55113 #241
Savage MN 55378 #123
Elk River MN 55330 #40
Baytown TX 77521 #270
Dulles VA 20166 #241
Leesburg VA 20176 #289
Alexandria VA 22306 #557
Waldorf MD 20603 341

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:54 pm 
Nonagenarian

I don't remember the other trivia I played but it was at a Tilted Kilt. Had to use an app on the phone. Played for an hour...never missed...was way too easy for me even and I'm not that good.

As to franchise vs corporate, I believe franchises can do as they wish since it's their dime. BWW went to a corporate push many years ago and from what I've heard, want to move back to more franchise, at least thats what the manager told me locally. That may be the only hope for Buzztime is if the BWW locations that are dependent on trivia can go franchise. Who knows...all we can do is make our voice know. I know my location is not happy that they cannot cater to the main regulars right now which are us trivia players. As a youngster (38) in the trivia world, I'm holding out hope that things will improve between BWW and BT. If not, my only saving grace is if Buzztime survives, I do still have 3 local chains that do cater to Buzztime in Elsa's, Bargo's, and Milano's. But I know that's not everywhere either.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

bejoe wrote:
BUD wrote:

http://www.buffalowildwings.com .... >>scroll all the way down to "Contact" near the bottom of page.

Pick a State and zip code from my list below of one of the 8 BWW that have dropped BT.

Got to put in a email. (the 1st response will be canned but if you reply to that you will get someone to answer you)

Roseville MN 55113
Savage MN 55378
Elk River MN 55330
Baytown TX 77521
Dulles VA 20166
Leesburg VA 20176
Alexandria VA 22306
Waldorf MD 20603

Or call 952-593-9433 then 4. I doubt anyone keeps track of that # like the negatives on the website.

Please take a minute to send a "negative experience" in guys. Those of us that do still have to play BT at a BWW thank you!!

I think these 2 Columbus area locations can be added to the list. They come up on the BWW site but not the BT sitefinder:

Also, it looks like so far they are all Corp stores. The Corporate stores all have 3 character or less store codes with leading 0's. The Franchises have store ID's 4 digits with a leading 3. I wonder if the Franchises will be allowed to keep it sort of like there are franchises that still kept the Tuesday bone-in special and didn't go to BOGO boneless.

Roseville MN 55113 #241
Savage MN 55378 #123
Elk River MN 55330 #40
Baytown TX 77521 #270
Dulles VA 20166 #241
Leesburg VA 20176 #289
Alexandria VA 22306 #557
Waldorf MD 20603 341

Oh ok 2 more for the list in Columbus. Thanks, Joe is it?

Welcome to Scar. Are you a longtime player, you certainly know your way around a Bww?
Which one do you frequent?

Good to have another player on here that follows the BT calls. I've been on them from time to time.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:36 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

4th Gen tablets not rolling out at local BWWs as they wait for the test results. In the meantime we get to enjoy swollen 1st Gen tablets with poor battery life.

It use to be local sports bars would have a half dozen TVs and show what was available on local broadcast or cable and BWW crushed them when it came to town. Now quite a few bars are lined with large flat screens and have sports packages, so BWW isn't special anymore. Plus the local places offer a much better value on food and drink. BWW needs to focus on things that will improve it's competitiveness instead of eliminating BT which would cause the loss of additional loyal customers. BT needs to deliver POS and fix the annoying technical issues to prove they are worth keeping.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:01 pm 
Centenarian

It is not a test.It appears they are going in a different direction.Myself I feel they eliminated games that first brought in people to play such as Monday through Friday abused news,qb1,trivioki(music game, probably I spelled it wrong),half hour TV game,etc.The variety dried up.These players were loyal.Sure I want BWW to remain a customer.Yes we should still implore BWW to keep it.I just filled out another survey for BWW stating that.With that in mind can and how can buzztime survive without BWW.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I played at Whitehorse in Oakland this past Tuesday, a place that has had tablets for a couple years now.

They wish they still had the old blue Playmakers. The tablets have been nothing but trouble since they started 'em there... Short battery life, breakdowns, reboots mid-game, even explosions.

Whitehorse management told me that until maybe a month ago, BT was prompt when they sent tablets back for repair/replacement.

Not lately, however. Currently they have seven tablets and three empty charger slots because they have received no new tablets. The tablets they have are skittish, occasionally failing to count correct answers when they should have, etc.

Sounds like the problems with the BWW tablet upgrade are bleeding over into other locations' experience.

Haven't had much of this at my regular spot, Cameron's in Half Moon Bay, at least not to my knowledge.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bugg wrote:
It is not a test.It appears they are going in a different direction.Myself I feel they eliminated games that first brought in people to play such as Monday through Friday abused news,qb1,trivioki(music game, probably I spelled it wrong),half hour TV game,etc.The variety dried up.These players were loyal.Sure I want BWW to remain a customer.Yes we should still implore BWW to keep it.I just filled out another survey for BWW stating that.With that in mind can and how can buzztime survive without BWW.

Bugg, what do you mean by survey? The $5 off next visit one? If it's that one, it's no help. You have to fill out a negative complaint form online to get someone's attention in the bww home office. Buffalowildwings.com >>>>> contact us, near bottom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:43 am 
Centenarian

bejoe wrote:
BUD wrote:

Roseville MN 55113
Savage MN 55378
Elk River MN 55330
Baytown TX 77521
Dulles VA 20166
Leesburg VA 20176
Alexandria VA 22306
Waldorf MD 20603

Roseville MN 55113 #241
Savage MN 55378 #123
Elk River MN 55330 #40
Baytown TX 77521 #270
Dulles VA 20166 #241
Leesburg VA 20176 #289
Alexandria VA 22306 #557
Waldorf MD 20603 341

If you enter 43230 in the site finder, you’ll find both BW3’s of North High Street and Cherry Bottom. They both have trivia activity as of yesterday April 21st. I wouldn’t say they dropped trivia as of yet.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:05 pm 
Centenarian

I have complained both to corporate and store level.When a person fills out survey during business hours I think the store gets immediate feedback.Anyway letting the stores know it they can relay the negative feedback to corporate.They certainly do not want to lose my business along with my family and friends. Some play buzztime while others do not but are there because I play the buzztime trivia.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:59 am 
Centenarian

Saint Paul Snelling Ave.BWW has new trivia boards.Maybe this is an encouraging sign.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bugg wrote:
Saint Paul Snelling Ave.BWW has new trivia boards.Maybe this is an encouraging sign.

Seems like it may depend on how long each bww has left on their individual contract. That bww probably has a long time left or the new tablets were already in the pipeline before the failure of the 4th Gen rollout. So those new tablets are 3rd Gen?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

HoopScoop wrote:
bejoe wrote:
BUD wrote:

Roseville MN 55113
Savage MN 55378
Elk River MN 55330
Baytown TX 77521
Dulles VA 20166
Leesburg VA 20176
Alexandria VA 22306
Waldorf MD 20603

Roseville MN 55113 #241
Savage MN 55378 #123
Elk River MN 55330 #40
Baytown TX 77521 #270
Dulles VA 20166 #241
Leesburg VA 20176 #289
Alexandria VA 22306 #557i
Waldorf MD 20603 341

If you enter 43230 in the site finder, you’ll find both BW3’s of North High Street and Cherry Bottom. They both have trivia activity as of yesterday April 21st. I wouldn’t say they dropped trivia as of yet.

Yes, I agree Hoop is right, these 2 in Columbus are still active. I hadn't checked Bejoe's info. Bejoe do we know you? Where do you play?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:29 pm 
Centenarian

They have a place to put a credit card,but they only have 30 boards and it does not appear people are paying their bill with these boards.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:45 pm 

If you enter 43230 in the site finder, you’ll find both BW3’s of North High Street and Cherry Bottom. They both have trivia activity as of yesterday April 21st. I wouldn’t say they dropped trivia as of yet.[/quote]

Yes, I agree Hoop is right, these 2 in Columbus are still active. I hadn't checked Bejoe's info. Bejoe do we know you? Where do you play?[/quote]

Sorry, looks like a flaw with the BT sitefinder. When I put in the zip for the those stores it did not come up, but comes up with a different ZIP. I am in the Austin, TX area and play regularly. I was checking places I have played before in my travels and those stores did not come up, but looks like it may be the way the sitefinder works. Sorry for the false alarm. I usually try to find a place to play in my travels, so I may have come across one or more of y'all at one time or another.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 am 
Lotsa Posta

FTR, the site finder is garbage now. It's not much better than worthless. I have complained to BT with no response whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:45 am 

Gogetem wrote:
FTR, the site finder is garbage now. It's not much better than worthless. I have complained to BT with no response whatsoever.

Very true. That's one of the main reasons I started playing mainly at BWW's. Many of time on the road, I would pull out the sitefinder to find a place to play, only to show up and be told they pulled BT months ago. So, I started getting in the habit of just going to BWW's since it was a brand standard. Sometimes I even find myself stuck in bad traffic on the freeway, see a BWW and pull off to play some trivia until traffic clears. That is why it is disheartening to hear of their plans to drop it. I told the manager here that while I was relieved the local area BT contracts are good until 2020, it really needs to be passed up the chain that the next time I am travelling and show up at a BWW that pulled it, I will be pissed off and probably more likely to avoid BWW's altogether.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:31 pm 
Nonagenarian

Well, another conversation with the local BWW manager last night. I'm not sure what to think of this but they told me that it's Buzztime that isn't supporting the older tablets now and they aren't even able to get them fixed or get newer ones (I find that hard to believe that it's Buzztime in that case). But they did say that the app will be back by June and even if the tablets aren't available, we will be able to play with the app. We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brutus wrote:
Well, another conversation with the local BWW manager last night. I'm not sure what to think of this but they told me that it's Buzztime that isn't supporting the older tablets now and they aren't even able to get them fixed or get newer ones (I find that hard to believe that it's Buzztime in that case). But they did say that the app will be back by June and even if the tablets aren't available, we will be able to play with the app. We'll see.

Hey Brutus, what do you think he meant by older tablets? Gen 1 or 2 which are old and wouldn't expect those to be fixed? But if he was talking about current standard equipment Gen 3s then that's real bad. If BT is not fixing/swapping the newest tablets that are out now then they have big trouble.

I can see not being able to get new Gen 4s yet which were recalled and possibly being replaced by Apple products. That is up in the air. But they have got to fix what's out there and not that old.

Our Bww is about to send back 12 or so Gen 3s out of 40. So our manager may be in for a surprise if he's told no.

<<<< Tiefly are you still alive? >>>>>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

EGADS!!!

BOTFLY & I just finished a hatch cycle.

My Bdubs in Bridgeport WV told me that the "corporate" decision here is to dump BT. We have 5 of 40 possible PMs working, none w/stands. I have to report the PMs just ot get them connected to the LT/Cd games. We haven't reported out since two days ago.

We now have the WV Keno game up, which will make them money, unlike BT (no one but me plays, really, because I 'always win' because I know all the questions--which is half-true).

Sounds like a death rattle here in the hollers of hillbillyville. I'm gonna check to see if there are any non-BWW sites in the state, but I don't think so.

Dang, I remember so many sites at one point, that neither DAWG nor NOLES and I couldn't hit them all in a three day wkend.

Hope yall doing well & hide the midget strippers!!!

PS--hoping BT lives long enough for Triviapalooza, cuz I'll see yall their thnx to a mystery benefactor...just ask, I'll tell yall.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yes, brudda BUD! Anx for asking. Plodding along til faceoff tonight against some opponent. Don't get out much these days except for the early BT games. No one plays at my site. Hope you & OPIEE & the gang are doing well. As posted earlier, looks like I be at SAKIC's in BAAASTON for palooza.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 pm 
Lotsa Posta

It may be a good idea to attend as this may be the last.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:09 pm 
Centenarian

Buzztime should be able to survive without BWW.If they leave other places could pick it up.Buzztime hopefully is not depending on one business to sustain itself.I played at Deluno's today in downtown Minneapolis.Prior to a few weeks ago I had not played there.Since,I started playing there it seems like more are playing.Yes,they do have 20 playmakers.I really think 15- 20 is probably what most places should carry.I did recommend it to a place and a couple weeks later I noticed they went from 10 to 20.The problem with only 10 it is harder to accommodate team play, especially if a couple boards are down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:40 am 
Nonagenarian

BUD wrote:

Hey Brutus, what do you think he meant by older tablets? Gen 1 or 2 which are old and wouldn't expect those to be fixed? But if he was talking about current standard equipment Gen 3s then that's real bad. If BT is not fixing/swapping the newest tablets that are out now then they have big trouble.

They definitely still have 1's or 2's there (not the nice kickstand but the plastic feet that always break off). Last week, I went through 4 boards playing 3 hours due to battery life. I know the store is fighting to keep it because they know several of us won't be back if trivia goes away. But if they are fighting a corporate decision and Buzztime, it's an uphill battle. That's when they asked me about why they need the tablets when there is an app and I told them the app doesn't work anymore and they relayed that to BT who told them it would be fixed by June so I guess we shall see. The location is already worried about a new bar going in next door that last I told was going to have Buzztime, so I'm still holding out hope for that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:52 am 
Lotsa Posta

The site finder sorta works if one types in the zip code. If another site is needed, try finding a close zip code.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next