New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: BWW Dumping Buzztime
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:38 pm 
Nonagenarian

Miser wrote:
DMACD wrote:
Blazing Rewards points will be able to be used for future games (implying some will be pay to play?)

Eff that. Only thing I'm using rewards points for is FOOD.

:)

-Miser

Same here...and now it looks like it will be food to go for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Just got the email from Buzztime. No BWW in my suburban Chicago area is keeping Buzztime. Looks like it's DJ's for us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:13 pm 
The Loneliest Number

Best I can tell, as of this morning Buzztime is gone from all Northern Virginia BWW locations.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:12 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

And it looks like our county of a million plus people is now supported by a grand total of seven blue boxes, one of which has trouble keeping a charge. Nice knowing you all, guess I'll finally have to get a life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I read somewhere that BWW represented about 40% of their sites. How can they survive that loss?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:30 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Unfortunately in Louisville, KY our franchise BWWS are gone from the site finder as well as the corporate stores.

We have 3 sites now, 2 Old Chicago's and a Bungalow Joes, for a city of about 1.4 Million.

There is another Bungalow Joes in Shelbyville, about 12 miles out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:06 pm 
New Driver

From a cursory check of the site finder, it looks like ALL of the Buffalo Wild Wings in California have dropped Buzztime.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The local BWWs are keeping Buzztime for now, but gameplay is down significantly since they got rid of the tablets and went phone app only. The savings of going phone app only are offset by decreased play. The bartender whom I’ve known for over 15 years says talk is they will drop the game when their contract extension is over.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

All BWWs in New York City vicinity gone.

NYC, population 8.5 million, two locations left.

Long Island (Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk) 8 million people, one location left.

The winged wild buffalo have stampeded.

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

There were only 7 players in the state of Illinois who played Playback on November 16, only 486 nationally.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:03 am 
Cuboctahedral Faces

BGTUNA wrote:
There were only 7 players in the state of Illinois who played Playback on November 16, only 486 nationally.

....probably because none of the tablets were working/could hold a charge....

/ducks

-Miser

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:41 pm 
Lotsa Posta

BGTUNA wrote:

Not that many music players and Saturday a tough night for myself and many others, too many other things to do,

Plenty of CHicago locations and players Tue-Fri for Showdown, Six, Spotlight and other games. Please join us!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:15 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

It'll be interesting to see how much participation drops for Showdown... It already had dropped quite a bit in the last few months before BWW's killed the game.

I'll be playing tomorrow at Cameron's Half Moon Bay, quite possibly for the last time.

High-school hoops season starting up, and I'm somewhat doubtful the game will still be operating by the time the season ends in mid-March... And VERY doubtful BT will see New Year 2021.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

Not that many music players and Saturday a tough night for myself and many others, too many other things to do,

Plenty of CHicago locations and players Tue-Fri for Showdown, Six, Spotlight and other games. Please join us!

Even with the loss of BWW, it was still an odd night as the top Michigan, Ohio and Oklahoma teams didn't play. Looks like BUD's team found a site but just had 5 boards.

We couldn't even get that many at our replacement site. They only have 5 boards, one board died before Playback started. Then during the Headliner round, the bartender said someone else wanted to play so we had to give up the 4th board.

About the only good news is the owner of this site was excited to hear we'll now be playing every week there so he ordered 10 more boards for us. He said he'll keep the boards as long as we play twice a month. At last, an owner who understands the game can be profitable for him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
Merkin wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

Even with the loss of BWW, it was still an odd night as the top Michigan, Ohio and Oklahoma teams didn't play. Looks like BUD's team found a site but just had 5 boards.

We couldn't even get that many at our replacement site. They only have 5 boards, one board died before Playback started. Then during the Headliner round, the bartender said someone else wanted to play so we had to give up the 4th board.

About the only good news is the owner of this site was excited to hear we'll now be playing every week there so he ordered 10 more boards for us. He said he'll keep the boards as long as we play twice a month. At last, an owner who understands the game can be profitable for him.

Hey Poman, yes some of the BWW Gaithersburg MD team went to our other occasional Sat. night bar, Stained Glass Pub Silver Spring MD. We had 3 Playback wins there in Feb/Mar. We've played 13 Playbacks there this year so far, along with 5 at BWW Urbana and 27 at BWW Gaithersburg. Total of 8 Playback wins. :mrgreen:

Stained Glass Silver Spring MD only has 7 old blue classic playmakers and one of those dies in under 2 hours from full charge. Also, it's a bit far for some of us and there's a toll road to get there or it takes a lot longer to avoid that.

So, we'll see how often we play. Maybe 2 times a month?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:15 pm 
Centenarian

Go home Buzztime. You're drunk.

Attachments:
2019-11-18 (2).png
2019-11-18 (2).png [ 230.81 KiB | Viewed 1067 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:36 pm 
Dodecaposter

If you do a location search for Buffalo Wild Wings there are 127 locations still listed as featuring Buzztime out of 1200+ total BWW locations. So Buzztime has lost over 1000 customers.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:25 pm 

So I went into BWW for the first time since they dropped BT. The manager was all excited: 'welcome back stranger' and ran to the TV tower to switch the TV. He comes back and says 'we got the trivia back!' and pointed to the screen in front of me. I was like 'Oh, this is different'.

Looks like BWW finally rolled out their 'in-house attempt at plagarism of BT'.

The screen directed you to log into http://www.BWW-trivia.com and enter the store code shown (web only, no app)

Game play was like a mix of wipeout, six and texas hold-em. Each question had a 'theme logo' like movies, history, etc. the question had 4 choices with a counter timing down as choices were removed' . The website where you play only showed A,B,C, or D so you had to be in front of the screen to see the question and answers. You could only choose from the 'stock' handles available (all animal names, cocktail names or BWW wing sauce flavors) and could not login to save stats. Each game reset completely with no local high score or national rankings. A 'computer' login was always logged in to play against you(thus my TX hold-em 'bot' playing comparison).

For 'breaks', there were BWW menu promotions and a 'Chive TV knockoff' extreme sports type loop playing. The video quality was much better than BT's local ads and 'chive TV' loops (the only improvement that could be noted), otherwise a worthless 'play against yourself or others on site at the time' type setup like the trivia options on the chilis, red robin etc tablets (although free)

I am curious if this is only available in Corp.Stores that dumped BT or if the franchises that kept BT have both games running now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

That terrible excuse for trivia is playing at a franchise store in Salisbury MD. They dropped BT back in November.

The trivia is horrendous and made worse by not being networked together or even saving high scores. I was told No one at All is playing it. They don’t even keep it on a tv anymore.

I have not been in the Gaithersburg store since 11/15 so no idea if they have that mess.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:12 pm 

The sad pitiful truth is that I can picture whoever came up with this garbage sitting in the Inspire brands boardroom showing a powerpoint of how their offshore Indians successfully replicated the BT system at a fraction of the cost and saved millions on monthly BT subscription fees - However failing to account for no BT players will actually accept it as a substitute and of course fail to net out all the LOST revenue - each 'new play/login' will be counted as incremental revenue and hefty bonues for all involved. Yay Inspire!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:47 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, I still have 10,000+ Blazing Rewards points. I had thought to get some free food this fall if there is football. If I ever go back there I will keep my eyes open to see if they have that locally.I

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:37 pm 

I would highly recommend using those rewards points ASAP. That is the only reason I returned to BWW after dumping BT - because I got an email that my points would expire and I was not going to let them keep them. Thus my visit to discover their half-ass attempt at replicating BT trivia.

If there is no football, I don't see how BWW will survive. They are a shell of their former self. I went yesterday at noon lunchtime. The staff on hand consisted of 3. Yes THREE: A teenage girl working the takeaway counter, a cook, and the manager who was 'managing' by sitting at the bar with a laptop, bartending, as well as waiting and busing tables. (all 4 customers there including myself).

There was a rented steel shipping container sitting in the parking lot with the 50% of furniture that had to be removed to meet new reduced occupancy regulations. (So, they have to pay ADDITIONAL rent to not serve 50%). The manager even mentioned that their 'annual fantasy football draft party promotion materials' that were supposed to be coming out now are 'on hold' and probably not coming out at all.

Football season is BWW 'bread and butter' (2nd to March Madness which didn't happen this year and may not happen next). I don't see them doing very well paying Directv NFL package commercial rates at reduced occupancy IF football happens. If football doesn't happen, I say Arbys starts selling takeaway wings and BWW is toast (as well as Blazin Rewards Points).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:11 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, if they survive they extended their 6 months inactive and they expire to a year. Their new burgers were not bad so I thought I may get some.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

bejoe wrote:
So I went into BWW for the first time since they dropped BT. The manager was all excited: 'welcome back stranger' and ran to the TV tower to switch the TV. He comes back and says 'we got the trivia back!' and pointed to the screen in front of me. I was like 'Oh, this is different'.

Looks like BWW finally rolled out their 'in-house attempt at plagarism of BT'.

The screen directed you to log into http://www.BWW-trivia.com and enter the store code shown (web only, no app)

Game play was like a mix of wipeout, six and texas hold-em. Each question had a 'theme logo' like movies, history, etc. the question had 4 choices with a counter timing down as choices were removed' . The website where you play only showed A,B,C, or D so you had to be in front of the screen to see the question and answers. You could only choose from the 'stock' handles available (all animal names, cocktail names or BWW wing sauce flavors) and could not login to save stats. Each game reset completely with no local high score or national rankings. A 'computer' login was always logged in to play against you(thus my TX hold-em 'bot' playing comparison).

For 'breaks', there were BWW menu promotions and a 'Chive TV knockoff' extreme sports type loop playing. The video quality was much better than BT's local ads and 'chive TV' loops (the only improvement that could be noted), otherwise a worthless 'play against yourself or others on site at the time' type setup like the trivia options on the chilis, red robin etc tablets (although free)

I am curious if this is only available in Corp.Stores that dumped BT or if the franchises that kept BT have both games running now?

Yeah, when I saw it last week, I got excited. "A new trivia! Excellent!" But was quickly disappointed. Not only, as you say, is there no network, but there is no name creation (you get a choice of some canned names) and the scores are not saved. This was made for kids who have the attention span of an Irish setter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next