New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buzztime to merge with Brooklyn therapeutic Cancer company
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime will merge in 4th Q of 2020 with a cancer research company for the benefit of shareholders.

Buzztime will sell all assets to put money into the new company.

We are done unless the buyer of the database etc finds a way to continue. I would seriously doubt that.

Hope we can get this one last Six Challenge in before the End Date.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Post subject: Re: Buzztime to merge with Brooklyn therapeutic Cancer compa
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Of course this has to be approved by buzztime shareholders, which it will as there are not that many player shareholders to outvote the investors. Other than myself I don’t know of any. I’ll vote no but that won’t do much good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:55 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Just asking:
1) Why would anyone buy the database unless they were interested in some kind of trivia contest?
2) Why is the stock up 185%?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

xtrain wrote:
Just asking:
1) Why would anyone buy the database unless they were interested in some kind of trivia contest?
2) Why is the stock up 185%?

1. Sploofus or any other online or live trivia company would love to have several thousand new questions for their current offerings. With no interest in continued operation of BT. But we can hope some other entertainment company will buy BT and continue in some fashion.

2. The stock is up because of the possible future worth of this cancer research company over there on 58th street in the old Brooklyn Army Building. You should go over there and talk with Ron Guido about the disruption he will cause to hundreds of thousands of BT players.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:06 pm 

Reverse Mergers seem to be preference of the biopharma industry rather than IPO's.

While this was last updated a year ago, you can see it is very long and many of the 'Shell' companies acquired have nothing to do with biopharma.

https://blog.dealforma.com/reverse-merg ... biopharma/

My Guess is they may be able to sell the question DB to someone running running some kind of trivia game already. I think the more valuable piece to someone running a trivia game already would be the player DB which would be worth more than the question DB.

The Tablets can be sold to the prison system since they are already in bed with them.

The old 'blue game boards' and ancient Windows XP desktops running the game go in the dumpster.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Of course this has to be approved by buzztime shareholders, which it will as there are not that many player shareholders to outvote the investors. Other than myself I don’t know of any. I’ll vote no but that won’t do much good.

I know one of those player shareholders... I'll let him know what's going on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:08 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:

have you forgotten about me? i attended the last in-person shareholder meeting they ever had, that led to the end of the time zone split. i still have 5 "shares" that once upon a time was 250 shares bought in 1994 at $3.625 back when that was known as 3 and 5 eighths and Pete Rozelle was a boardmember. i'll vote no and then i guess i will be part owner of a brooklyn bridge huh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

whales wrote:
BUD wrote:

have you forgotten about me? i attended the last in-person shareholder meeting they ever had, that led to the end of the time zone split. i still have 5 "shares" that once upon a time was 250 shares bought in 1994 at $3.625 back when that was known as 3 and 5 eighths and Pete Rozelle was a boardmember. i'll vote no and then i guess i will be part owner of a brooklyn bridge huh

Sorry, I did forget about you Whales. I hadn’t seen you on here recently so I guess I overlooked your many contributions to the subject. I will keep my shares and get Brooklyn shares so I can vote that CEO M’Fer out. He had better make me some profit in the meantime.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:47 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I can see a company acquiring the question and player DBs, and then trying to get an online-only system going. I don't see anyone trying to start a new system that retains the unique quality of NTN/BT: being able to play with friends at a physical location. As I play various individual-player games (LearnedLeague, Sporcle) as well as participate in a team doing a weekly virtual live game, I can't imagine being interested in a new system unless someone found a way to allow team play that allowed team members to talk with each other and thereby almost replicate the in-person experience. But for the moment, I'm thinking about contacting the owner of Coaches Pub, telling him NTN/BT going away, and opening the discussion on in-person live-hosted trivia from my daughter's and my enterprise and/or an established hosting company such as Challenge or Sporcle.

Had it made it to December, I would have been playing for a quarter of a century.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:
I can see a company acquiring the question and player DBs, and then trying to get an online-only system going. I don't see anyone trying to start a new system that retains the unique quality of NTN/BT: being able to play with friends at a physical location. As I play various individual-player games (LearnedLeague, Sporcle) as well as participate in a team doing a weekly virtual live game, I can't imagine being interested in a new system unless someone found a way to allow team play that allowed team members to talk with each other and thereby almost replicate the in-person experience. But for the moment, I'm thinking about contacting the owner of Coaches Pub, telling him NTN/BT going away, and opening the discussion on in-person live-hosted trivia from my daughter's and my enterprise and/or an established hosting company such as Challenge or Sporcle.

Had it made it to December, I would have been playing for a quarter of a century.

Brooke/AARDVK

Players now are playing by app only with zoom or conference calls to the rest of the team. This is taking the place of being able to assemble in the bars.

If a new buyer goes online or app only with the games, we will play the same, on the app sitting next to each other at the bar. (When it’s safe) That’s pretty much the way it’s been for awhile. As long as there is a function to log into a team site real or virtual. I can see 100 virtual sites across the country which will take the place of the bars by name. We would still sit in a bar to play or at home on zoom.

I think it’s very possible a buyer takes Buzztime all app, no tablets or boxes. That would reduce the cost for both Buzztime and the bars.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:51 pm 

BUD wrote:
AARDVK wrote:

Brooke/AARDVK

Players now are playing by app only with zoom or conference calls to the rest of the team. This is taking the place of being able to assemble in the bars.

If a new buyer goes online or app only with the games, we will play the same, on the app sitting next to each other at the bar. (When it’s safe) That’s pretty much the way it’s been for awhile. As long as there is a function to log into a team site real or virtual. I can see 100 virtual sites across the country which will take the place of the bars by name. We would still sit in a bar to play or at home on zoom.

I think it’s very possible a buyer takes Buzztime all app, no tablets or boxes. That would reduce the cost for both Buzztime and the bars.

I completely agree. If there is any hope for BT to continue, it would be all online/app. I am curious of what they would want for the question DB +player DB +software rights alone? The tablets and hardware can be sold separately to a customer with different business goals. The overhead of office space, executives and hardware maintenance goes away.

Since they said in last 10Q that everyone is working remote and they ditched the HQ office, I would imagine it is hosted in an offsite data center and the only cost of maintaining a 'working continuation' would be the cost of the question DB/player DB/software rights PLUS the hosting fees of the 3rd party data center and a handful of remote employees to maintain. Maybe BWW can pick up the scraps at fire sale pricing and replace/re-integrate with their half ass attempt at copying BT? It would now be a lot cheaper than the rumors of old where thoughts were they may buy the whole company when they were the pirmary subscriber. They probably only need the player/question DB and software rights since they already have a hosting company running their 'OT' crappy trivia game. It would be a great way to lure folks back into their empty facilities at a cheap price with dwindling live sports available. Their new 'esports' promotion certainly isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:30 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

What happened to the company's original founder? Also, wasn't the company broken up and sold in parts many years ago?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
What happened to the company's original founder? Also, wasn't the company broken up and sold in parts many years ago?

Well there was Patrick and Dan Downs and Don Klosternan from back in 1983.

Patrick passed away 12 years ago and Don passed away in 2000 and Dan I'm not sure if he’s still around.

Never really broken up into parts but they did sell several divisions like the pagers when they were worthless.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:11 pm 

IIRC the early days of Patrick and Dan Downs, they started as Alroy Industires somewhere on the east coast in the early 80's. Ironically, they went public after coming out with QB1 and acquiring the 'National Telecommunicator Network' (NTN) - I have heard many players over the years incorrectly refer to them as 'National Trivia Network' which is not the case.

So here we are now almost 40 years later, exiting as they entered with a 'reverse merger'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:21 pm 

2 Law Firms announced actions on this reverse merger today. Anyone who bought stock before Aug 13, 2020 can join:

https://www.rigrodskylong.com/cases-ntn-buzztime-inc

https://www.monteverdelaw.com/case/ntn-buzztime-inc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

These Law firms are just Phishing for clients. They don't have any class action lawsuits yet but are hoping to make some money if they can find anyone.

I heard from Levi & Korsinsky in NY.
"We are prepared to commence a class action lawsuit challenging the recently announced merger. The primary goal of a class action is to seek additional compensation for shareholders when the merger consideration is determined to be unfair. Listed below are recent merger transactions in which shareholders received additional consideration as a result of a class action lawsuit.

El Paso/Kinder Morgan $110.0m
GSI Commerce/eBay $24.0m
J. Crew Group/Leonard Green $16.0m
Force Protection $11.0m
Mediacom Communications MBO $10.3m
Talecris Biotherapeutics/Grifols $8.1m
Atlas Energy/Chevron $5.0m

There will be no cost or obligation to you. To participate, please execute the online retainer NTN Retainer and (2) fax/email (fax no. (212) 363-7171) a recent account statement that shows your ownership of NTN Buzztime Inc shares prior to the announcement of the transaction. (While this information will be kept confidential, you may redact any personal information in any documents you submit.) Thank you.

We look forward to working with you and please feel free to call me if you have any further questions.

Joseph Levi Esq.
Levi & Korsinsky LLP
55 Broadway - 10th Floor
New York, NY 10006
Tel: (212) 363-7500
Fax:(212) 363-7171
www.zlk.com '
-----------------------------------

They just are trying to stir up some business they don't have.
I won't be responding. The list of settlements above did not involve Levi & Korsinsky.

Scum lawyers.