New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Baseball Trivia, all May long
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:18 pm 
Himself Fodder

Bugg wrote:
As noted by others it is much more difficult to change games on the new tablets.
This reminds me-Back when it was easier to to do hour long games sometimes they would be changed at locations to countdown games.That made it hard on the person that wanted to play the daily hour long games especially if one was traveling.

This would occasionally happen to me when on the road all the time. It was always fun to backdoor into the system, program in the premium game, change the password, and then sit back and watch chaos ensue.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:47 pm 
Centenarian

I did recommend to buzztime that when they had their nightly premium games that no other option should be available.I remember wanting to play Six and I came to play and they had countdown.They obviously did not agree with me.
Yes,minor league questions in baseball are tough.Perhaps,keep it to MLB only.I missed the one they had in the game I played.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:43 am 
Lotsa Posta

poman wrote:

I stand corrected. We opted out tonight for Countdown... and only 11 bars played Countdown instead of baseball.

Noodling about the Buzztime website, I learned that there were 37 registered players for POMAN's Countdown, and 989 players for Baseball Trivia. At a cursory glance this appears to be 300-400 more players than had been playing Countdown in that particular time slot on Saturday evenings.

I read the box scores first thing every morning and have absolutely no interest in being quizzed about it. So Buzztime might be onto something (that I don't want to hear).

I've canvassed every Buzztime player I've encountered in the past week, more than two dozen certainly, and I've only gotten two positive responses to the question, "Would you rather play Baseball Trivia than Countdown?" Both positive responses were last Tuesday, in advent of Brainbuster. So I left Baseball in. Both BETH and JOE said afterward that once was enough (echoing LILJOL that the history of the game would be more interesting).

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 am 
Centenarian

Obviously,the sports games do not always resonate with the public,but that also is true of other games such as science fiction.Even lexitopia.Not all games need to be by majority rule.I respect the fact others love brain buster and showdown,but not everyone does.Overall,not all the games should appeal only to socalled intellectual pursuit.Myself,I have played many a game that does not really interest me that much.Does one have to know most of the answers to enjoy the games.Perhaps one can derive enjoyment with incremental improvement,simply helping a team win, or by oneself knowing some of the answers.etc.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

If its primarily historical baseball I would very much enjoy playing a few games this month. If it is primarily current events baseball a la Pulse mode (meaning if all you need is a weeks worth of USA today sports pages to be successful) than count me out. At that point I would rather play Countdown.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 11:34 am 
Centenarian

I played only one game.It was some current but there were questions going back a few years.If I remember right it did not go way back.I would try a game or two and make a determination.I thought it was a well written game.I would rate level of difficulty as moderate.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:16 am 
Severus and Victorinus

It seems like there's no Baseball Trivia from before 1996.

RAY J.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

To be honest, The Fellowship at BWW-Kent kind of submitted to Baseball Trivia this month as an exercise in humility. We are still usually assembling between 7:30-8:00 in preparation for Brainbuster; and apart from RAMBUC, WRATH, DROLL, and RABBIT, none of the team really follows baseball much. Neither RABBIT nor WRATH were there last night, and we kind of stumbled through as best we could while generally paying as much or more attention to conversation. I gave up my box halfway through the game to another teammate who did not have one, and found I couldn't finish the game on the Playmaker app (not that I cared particularly). Still, DROLL and RAMBUC came through with some good calls, and GUNDAM, who is our guru on all things Japanese, precalled the Hanshin Tigers question. When the game ended, we had a 12k score and kind of laughed at the prospect that we might actually squeak on to the Network Rankings board for a game in which we felt completely out of our depth.

I don't think anyone in the continent was more shocked than us when we found ourselves at #1.

We know it is not likely to happen again, but we will probably pay more attention to it next week. Until then, we are content to be blind squirrels/broken clocks this week.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ANON wrote:
GUNDAM, who is our guru on all things Japanese, precalled the Hanshin Tigers question.

Well, hell. :shock: GUNDAM is hereby awarded the Japanese card forfeited by F YU Darvish when he joined those F CUBS. :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. :shock: GUNDAM is hereby awarded the Japanese card forfeited by F YU Darvish when he joined those F CUBS. :lol:

:lol: I'll pass that along to her.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

rayj1029 wrote:
It seems like there's no Baseball Trivia from before 1996.

RAY J.

And this is EXACTLY why I didn't bother to check this game out. What's the point?

Asking me to play this quasi-current events baseball game is like asking Michaelangelo to paint a park bench. ..

Wake me up if you guys see any questions for grown-ups.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: Seems that most of these games that this lil old grump has bothered to play consist of a few questions from the past few days, a few from at earliest a dozen years ago, one minor league question, and one Japanese League question. :shock: IIRC there MAY have been the Countdown question on which baseball executive signed Jackie Robinson, but it could well have been near the end of the Countdown game just before this abominable game. :roll:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
IIRC there MAY have been the Countdown question on which baseball executive signed Jackie Robinson, but it could well have been near the end of the Countdown game just before this abominable game. :roll:

Yes, I think the Rickey question was in the Baseball Trivia game.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ANON wrote:
liljol wrote:
IIRC there MAY have been the Countdown question on which baseball executive signed Jackie Robinson, but it could well have been near the end of the Countdown game just before this abominable game. :roll:

Well, hell. :roll: ONE. :shock:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

There was an old one last night. Real toughie, What city did Babe Ruth come from? Another 5 or so were about the last 3 days. The other 9 were decent. That game was ok except for too many about yesterday.

Baseball trivia is still welcome for 1 game a night at our bww for the time being. Hope they don't get real lazy and go all from last nights Sports Center.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 9:59 am 
Centenarian

I enjoy the game.I only played three games and have yet to see a repeat question which hopefully continues.A little diversity from countdown games is nice.They should add some other games that would appeal to the customer base,even ones that I may not excel at.They need to expand player base.Put some games in that would do that .Do not though take out current popular games.

Post subject: TEGWAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:59 pm 
Centenarian

Kudos to CLIPPR for the brilliant baseball trivia handle.
I broke out laughing when I saw it (in the top 10 of course), and relished explaining it to my visiting millennials.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:39 pm 
Centenarian

liljol wrote:
ANON wrote:
liljol wrote:

Well, hell. :roll: ONE. :shock:

They asked James' Bell nickname last night... thought that was pretty "cool" ;) :lol: