New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scores Not Reporting, BWW-Kent
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

We played from 7:30 to 9:30 last night, but none of our scores showed up on the Network Rankings. For the Baseball Trivia game, it probably would have been that way anyway because we sucked, but we should have ranked third in both Brainbuster and Showdown. I was hoping they might report out over night, but they still weren't there in the HOF. Who do I contact at Buzztime to get the scores to report out?

Post subject: Re: Scores Not Reporting, BWW-Kent
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Anon, 1 800 745 4686 BT customer service. Sometimes they are helpful with players other times they say they can only speak with a manager. But either way they will open a ticket and try to contact your bww.

You can also go to the BT Facebook page and post there with location, date and time of problem.

It's often as as easy as rebooting the computer at your bww which could have been done while you were there on Tues night before Showdown. At our bww there have been times when we saw we didn't report out (or blank rankings) and ask the bartender for the reboot. 5 minutes later we are all good.

Good luck.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Last edited by BUD on Wed May 23, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ANON wrote:
We played from 7:30 to 9:30 last night, but none of our scores showed up on the Network Rankings. For the Baseball Trivia game, it probably would have been that way anyway because we sucked, but we should have ranked third in both Brainbuster and Showdown. I was hoping they might report out over night, but they still weren't there in the HOF. Who do I contact at Buzztime to get the scores to report out?

Well, hell. :shock: FWIW, for a couple of the Countdown games leading into that baseball game, this lil old grump would have made the top twenty, but did not show. :evil: As it was, apparently the badges earned for those games reported (imagine that). This MAY be a BWW issue as this lil old grump was banging away yesterday at BWW Sports Arena in Buzztime's Horribly Site-Poor Backyard. :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:16 am 
U > 100 * 2

Looks like there were system-wide glitches yesterday. I was warned about it on the BadBart FB page.

NOMAR even had a screen with no questions. Just numbers.

Battle Creek said that the tablets were out-of-sync. I think they thought it was isolated to that site, but maybe it's a larger issue.

None of our scores at Old Chicago were recorded.

Last edited by Gypsy on Wed May 23, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Anon, 1 800 745 4686 BT customer service. Sometimes they are helpful with players other times they say they can only speak with a manager. But either way they will open a ticket and try to contact your bww.

You can also go to the BT Facebook page and post there with location, date and time of problem.

It's often as as easy as rebooting the computer at your bww which could have been done while you were there on Tues night before Showdown. At our bww there have been times when we saw we didn't report out (or blank rankings) and ask the bartender for the reboot. 5 minutes later we are all good.

Good luck.

Thanks so much, BUD! I called the number and talked with a very pleasant person who ran some diagnostics and opened a ticket for the tech people. She advised against rebooting the system yet until they had tried to address the problem there. She also said to call back if the scores still do not show up tomorrow.

We considered asking the management to reboot the system yesterday, but were hesitant to because of past experience. I remember one Showdown game in particular back when we were at Stringz and Wingz when the scores did not show up for Brainbuster and we had them reboot. By the time the game came back on we had lost pretty much the entire warmup round. We didn't know for sure that we had a problem until the scores did not show up for Baseball Trivia (no great loss there--I don't mind if they lose that particular score), so we were afraid we'd have to sacrifice either our BB or SD score with a reboot.

Anyway, thanks again!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:21 pm 
Lotsa Posta

In my experience, the whole system were fubarred the entire day. No one showed hardly anywhere. One example was Countdown which showed a high score of around 8k. Our tops scorer was about 14k. Lunchtime Trivia rankings blew up around 12:15 local time. I contacted Liljol, who reported that he had the same rankings. I was not at a BWW.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Gogetem wrote:
I was not at a BWW.

Apart Old Chicago Louisville, Fabulous Ferns in St Paul (our local rivals) didn't report. So the issue wasn't confined to BWW sites. It may have been confined to tablets. Did anyone at a site with blue playmakers experience this problem?

Numbers for Showdown typically register ~2,200 Showdown players on Buzztime's web page. Yesterday, ~1,300. More than 40% of the nation was affected.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

GONE D wrote:
Gogetem wrote:
I was not at a BWW.

Apart Old Chicago Louisville, Fabulous Ferns in St Paul (our local rivals) didn't report. So the issue wasn't confined to BWW sites. It may have been confined to tablets. Did anyone at a site with blue playmakers experience this problem?

Numbers for Showdown typically register ~2,200 Showdown players on Buzztime's web page. Yesterday, ~1,300. More than 40% of the nation was affected.

Odd, when I gave up on Buzztime they still averaged 6-7k on Showdown and Spptlight. It seems like 75% of the country isn’t reporting anymore...

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:47 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Was going to e-mail you Anon. Figured you played and did not get zero, even in Baseball. Czarge and I were talking of several other places (none championship) that did not appear.

As for Teasers, the glitch took away exactly 1004 points from our bar score. Yeah, that's the ticket.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:40 pm 
Lotsa Posta

The blue boxes had the same problem.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Wed SIX had 1730 players last night. I guess that's about normal for a holiday weekend coming up. So I'll go with just a one day glitch, that should be the end of it. But will BT ever get the scores downloaded? I'll say no as happened a few months back for Spotlight. Just never could update partial rankings.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I remember a few years ago when there was a glitch and several players got no credit for playing, including me. This issue existed for over a week. They issued their usual 'sorry can't do anything' apology. I realize that those points mean nothing, but it's just the attitude.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The not there bug hit Sandbar tonight. We had solid kiddey page scores, but never showed. For the 6:30 game, we had no rankings at all. Later on, shorthand scores stank. However, Spotlight showed us 78.

I checked the lunchtimers. Badges were received, but P+ points hadn't registered.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:16 am 
Lotsa Posta

BUD wrote:
Wed SIX had 1730 players last night.

I took a look at MERKIN's Six statistics, since he plays Six with as much diligence as ability, and Wednesday Six he was credited with being 1st of 1332. (Well played, Sir!) The Premium Games sheet on Buzztime's website shows 1733 players. What happened to the other 401 players? My conjecture is that the number I quote from BUD includes all players who's scores passed through the system, including guest players. The smaller number would represent Players+ players only.

Of the 48 Six quizzes (out of a possible 50-52) which MERKIN has played to establish his rolling average, this Wednesday and Thursday recorded the lightest attendance by Players+ players in the last 180 days.

The bug hit B-52 early on Thursday. AUVA and I played two 14K Countdowns, and our scores were not represented among the Final Top 20 Individuals, when we should have shown as 12th and 6th respectively. I later went back to play Immortal Words and Thursday Six. None of my four scores from Thursday were ever uploaded. In every other respect the game seemed to unfold normally.

I went back at noon on Friday to speak with the owner-manager, who called Buzztime. He was told that the problem would be addressed, but the results wouldn't show until Saturday. I then asked him to perform a hard reboot. He did, and our scores started showing again immediately.

Strange how this software problem seems to be meandering through the system.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:44 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Danny K's scores didn't upload yesterday either. Maybe a reboot would work.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Ok, piecing this all together, it seems like this was a network wide problem that won't resolve itself until the game is rebooted.

Our team typically plays Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. No one played on Friday, and we got repeats last night. And I was just told now they played Tuesday, got the correct games, but no rankings & didn't report out.

Worst of all, we had a bar manager that knew how to work the buzztime game. But he was let go two weeks ago, and now no one else on staff even knows how to do a reboot. So god only knows when we'll get back online.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:16 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

game on scores didn't show up friday either. not sure anybody there will know what to do. we shall see if we can get it resolved there.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:06 pm 
Lotsa Posta

IDJIT5500 wrote:
game on scores didn't show up friday either. not sure anybody there will know what to do. we shall see if we can get it resolved there.

poman wrote:
Worst of all, we had a bar manager that knew how to work the buzztime game. But he was let go two weeks ago, and now no one else on staff even knows how to do a reboot. So god only knows when we'll get back online.

BUD wrote:
Anon, 1 800 745 4686 BT customer service

Everyone who has followed this thread has copied down the phone number which BUD has kindly provided.

1.800.745.4686. Let them know that you are a dedicated player and that your local site has lost touch with the basics and needs some coaching. You may wish to name a manager whose sympathy and intelligence you trust.

Don't touch the server yourself. There are several generations of servers in use and the various arrangement of the buttons, regardless of what you used to know, could lead you to make a false inference regarding the Start button and get your ass 86'ed.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm 
Centenarian

Just now seeing this but End Zone's scores didn't report the next day either. When the location rankings showed we were 15th. No scores were reported for the 22nd of May. Scores have reported on days since then, including yesterday. Is there still a problem and should the system be turned restarted? Do you think Showdown will work properly tonight?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 1:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
Just now seeing this but End Zone's scores didn't report the next day either. When the location rankings showed we were 15th. No scores were reported for the 22nd of May. Scores have reported on days since then, including yesterday. Is there still a problem and should the system be turned restarted? Do you think Showdown will work properly tonight?

Good question. I see BWW-Kent reported some scores out on the 25th, but people rarely play the other premium games there from Friday to Monday, so who knows?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 2:18 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Rebooted my home site, Brittany's about midnight Saturday. P+ started reporting but as of today Playback still isn't showing up on Trivia stats.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 am 
Centenarian

Said we finished 29th tonight. Not sure how accurate that is. I had the top location score with a 37K so...

Don't know if Final Showdown of Afghanistan and China sharing a border was tough but our geography expert called it immediately because it was answer #1.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
Said we finished 29th tonight. Not sure how accurate that is. I had the top location score with a 37K so...

Don't know if Final Showdown of Afghanistan and China sharing a border was tough but our geography expert called it immediately because it was answer #1.

It was a tough game. We completely bit it on the wading bird question in pyramid. Apparently the Brits and Americans have different definitions of wading birds, according to our ornithologically-inclined member.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 1:22 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I got a reply from BT this morning stating that their connectivity servers were having problems, but the problems should be resolved by now. More problems occurred Friday at Danny K's, but Saturday were reporting.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

All scores were reporting from BWW-Kent on Tuesday. It looks like Buzztime has resolved this issue there for now.