New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Buzztime Survey
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Also, the Sitefinder needs a total rewrite. As it is now, it's nearly useless.[/quote]

I would like to enthusiastically second Rackme's comment. How do you market a service that costs hundreds of dollars a month, without a way for players to find out where they can play?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:39 pm 
Lotsa Posta

-BO- wrote:
Jim wrote:
The great thing about the phone app is that it allows people to log in from home or work and get players plus points without playing a game or spending a penny. It's amazing how many people on the players plus leader board get more points a day than their game play would earn. It's important to improve the phone app to keep these people.

SoCal RHYNO wrote:
Agree with Jim here. I mentioned this in the survey as my No. 1 problem with the app. Nothing like spending way more money and getting way less PP+ than those playing the app at home. I realize PP+ points aren't everything in this game but it used to be a good indicator of one's dedication to the game.

WTF? I was assuming Jim's post was sarcastic, or at least hoping.

If you are not in a BT site you should not be able to login and get credit for anything, even if that something is totally useless. Who gives a crap if the people that never visit a site never login again?

Cell phone GPS is accurate enough now that BT could easily reduce the distance to 0.25 mile in order to login to a site.
You're right Bo. When I was visiting Arlington last year for the trivia gathering, I tested it and actually logged into a site that was roughly 150 miles away. Yeah, that's bad. I only use the app in case there are no boxes available and am at the site.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:08 pm 
Lotsa Posta

New issue for this thread. Last night, for the second time in a month, the Cinema game was a rerun.

Buzztime, what does it take to get this right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:25 pm 
Joke Throw

Gypsy wrote:
BuzztimeNation wrote:
Unlike most in this community, there are a lot of players outside of it who prefer to use the mobile app. We definitely don't want to lose you guys!

You’re saying that you have personally met someone who *prefers* the app?

I live on my phone. I travel extensively and I do everything but create powerpoints on my phone. I’m writing this right now on my phone, in about a 2-pt type, maybe smaller. I have apps for everything.

I was always the first to offer up a playmaker to use the app, but I absolutely did not *prefer* it.

The numbers on the app are in a different order than they are on a tablet for some of the games. If you’re playing one of each, that can cause a delay. The app simply didn’t work much of the time and would kick me out. The only value of the app during play is that it was another board.

The best part of the app for me was that it would locate the nearest Buzztime bars. I would like the app to come back for that alone. Whenever I got to my hotel room, I’d open the app and it would ask where I was playing and show me the five nearest bars. That was fanstastic and I definitely miss that. But to play on it? Nope. Only useful when we ran out of boards.

GYPSY

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone preferred the app to the playmakers.

Did not personally meet but reached out and received their feedback from other players indicating this preference. However, we are aware that the app had its limitat
ions and that we need to overcome some of the ones you and others have mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:26 pm 
Joke Throw

DRoll wrote:
Our team (BWW-Kent) relies pretty heavily on the app. This has become even more prevalent as the number of working tablets continues to decrease at the restaurant. Several of us, including myself, have not upgraded our iOS for several cycles or have brought older phones/tablets so everyone can have a device.

The restaurant's WiFi can be spotty, so the ability to play on the app using data is often helpful. We have had issues with players being kicked out of the app, but this seems to have decreased a bit recently.

Obviously, we are an outlier, but the app has been used quite heavily our team, and we are hoping that it does make a full return.

We hope to bring the app back by end of year and continue to add more features as we go!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:27 pm 
Joke Throw

Gypsy wrote:
I delayed updating my operating system as long as I could, but eventually I had to acquiesce when I bought a new phone. I hope they bring back the app compatible with iOS12, but I would never choose to use my phone if a playmaker were available

Working to bring the app back by end of year!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 am 
Lotsa Posta

liljol wrote:
For far too long, for Lunchtime Trivia and Countdown format questions with five choices, too often one of the choices is an obvious throwaway. If the writers were doing so to try to be funny, it is way overdue that this stop. Most of the time the throwaway choices are NOT funny, and reflect poorly on Buzztime's product quality.

Having seen my Countdown average drop 500 points in the last 3-4 months, I think Buzztime is doing just fine in providing new content. (You may also correctly surmise that I'm often unable to parse a four-item drop down box, with a red herring thrown in.)

LILJOL's post was fresh in memory when I played Showdown last Tuesday, and was confronted with the following question:

A famous fossil of australopithecus afarensis is named: {Sophie, Dolly, Lucy, Zenobia, Liljol}

Which gives one pause. Did our correspondent put a bulls-eye on his back? However much I might agree with LILJOL, and I agree that the witticisms are sometimes hit or miss, his dour message could only have been written by a gentleman of a certain age. I thought the drop-down box was hilarious, and that LILJOL could hardly take this personally, and furthermore that MERKIN has already expressed his keen desire to be honored in this way, regardless of LILJOL's disdain.

Different strokes?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:39 am 
Lotsa Posta

Funny answers like Liljolium or anything silly are worthy of amusement. Let's keep them out of the premium games, pleasse.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Buzztime has been using my handle for some time now, including that extinct reptile LILJOLSAURUS. :lol:

However, this lil old grump heartily agrees with MERKIN that Showdown should be free from such frivolousness. There is already more than enough in Lunchtime Trivia, Countdown, and The Late Shift. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Merkin wrote:
Funny answers like Liljolium or anything silly are worthy of amusement. Let's keep them out of the premium games, please.

liljol wrote:
...this lil old grump heartily agrees with MERKIN that Showdown should be free from such frivolousness.

I'm as uptight as anyone you'll ever meet, and I can't express to the rest of you how comforting it is to be embraced by my fellow prudes.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Maybe BuzztimeNation and the other Buzzies should spend a week playing the game with Liljol. It might give them some perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:00 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Jim wrote:
Maybe BuzztimeNation and the other Buzzies should spend a week playing the game with Liljol. It might give them some perspective.

Well, hell. They've had plenty of chances, and this lil old grump is NOT holding his breath waiting for them to make a long overdue call. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:58 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I really don't have a problem with the acknowledgements, but that's just me. It's always good for entertainment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Jim wrote:

This could be a dangerous proposition... Image
Playing with the Grump is something not soon forgotten... :shock: Trust me, I know... Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:23 pm 
Lotsa Posta

GONE D wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Funny answers like Liljolium or anything silly are worthy of amusement. Let's keep them out of the premium games, please.

liljol wrote:
...this lil old grump heartily agrees with MERKIN that Showdown should be free from such frivolousness.

I'm as uptight as anyone you'll ever meet, and I can't express to the rest of you how comforting it is to be embraced by my fellow prudes.

Prude? Hmmm.

As for my opportunity to play with LJ, it has been a long time since I have been west of the Sierra Nevada. Come to Chicago, where there is plenty of premium game action.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:48 pm 
Colt

So BuzztimeNation, our latest alleged corporate spokesperson hasn't posted since 9/6 and hasn't visited here since 11/7. That was one week before the BWW trivia purge. Funny how we've had no pep talks from him or her lately. No comment, BuzztimeNation, or were you part of the most recent "changes" a la MaryC and Wheelie?

Any chance of our loyal mom and pop shops getting some of the thousands of surplus tablets or should we wait for your next information on the Buzztime Lite?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:18 pm 

bacho wrote:
So BuzztimeNation, our latest alleged corporate spokesperson hasn't posted since 9/6 and hasn't visited here since 11/7. That was one week before the BWW trivia purge. Funny how we've had no pep talks from him or her lately. No comment, BuzztimeNation, or were you part of the most recent "changes" a la MaryC and Wheelie?

Any chance of our loyal mom and pop shops getting some of the thousands of surplus tablets or should we wait for your next information on the Buzztime Lite?

From the last 10Q filing: http://www.buzztime.com/investors/inves ... ec-filings

the Company does not expect the relationship with Buffalo Wild Wings corporate or with a majority of franchisees to be extended. The Company began reducing its operating expenses in anticipation of the termination of existing relationships and is working on a de-commission plan in anticipation of relationships ending on November 15, 2019.

I would bet the farm that the bean counters had BuzztimeNation at the top of their list as a 'non value added operating expense' that needed to go.

As for the tablet surplus, the same 10Q gives a hint that those are not going to remaining mom and pop bars, but to the jailbirds:

As previously announced, in the third quarter of 2019, we signed a second order with our partner that services the correctional facility industry for approximately $3,000,000, and delivery of tablets under that order is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2019 and continue through the end of 2020.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:17 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

bejoe wrote:
bacho wrote:

From the last 10Q filing: http://www.buzztime.com/investors/inves ... ec-filings

the Company does not expect the relationship with Buffalo Wild Wings corporate or with a majority of franchisees to be extended. The Company began reducing its operating expenses in anticipation of the termination of existing relationships and is working on a de-commission plan in anticipation of relationships ending on November 15, 2019.

I would bet the farm that the bean counters had BuzztimeNation at the top of their list as a 'non value added operating expense' that needed to go.

As for the tablet surplus, the same 10Q gives a hint that those are not going to remaining mom and pop bars, but to the jailbirds:

As previously announced, in the third quarter of 2019, we signed a second order with our partner that services the correctional facility industry for approximately $3,000,000, and delivery of tablets under that order is expected to begin in the fourth quarter of 2019 and continue through the end of 2020.
Jeez, given the tablets' performance record, isn't that a violation of the Eighth Amendment?