New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buzztime Survey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:31 pm 
Joke Throw

Hi everyone. Thanks for letting us join the group! We sincerely appreciate your passion for Buzztime. We’re bringing some exciting developments to the experience and could use your feedback to address what our most loyal fans want and to help shape a better Buzztime together. If you can, please take a moment to provide your feedback by clicking the survey link below.

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HQ9S9HS

By the way, I’m Mark, the director of marketing here at Buzztime. I plan to have a more frequent and transparent dialogue with the community in our efforts moving forward. Please feel free to email me and the rest of the team at buzztimenation@buzztime.com whenever you want.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Buzztime Survey
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks, Mark! I think I speak for a lot of regular Buzztime players in saying that we think more frequent and transparent dialogue would benefit both Buzztime and the player community.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:49 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Mark,

Glad to have you on Scar.

You can start the transparency by responding to the letter I sent in through 'contact us' on your web site regarding the messed up question in the last week of Smartest Bar a few weeks ago.

Sincere thank you so far.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:50 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I did a survey that was pretty wordy and I believe that it presents a lot of complaints that the players have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:16 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

You've come to the right place. This is where Buzztime's most loyal fans have been every day for the last eight years since the end of the Buzztime forum. Expect to be in over your head very quickly. Expect this group to be very difficult to excite by the exciting developments you are thinking of. For myself, the only two exciting developments of the past ten years have been the original Smartest Bar format in 2011 (downgraded since to a less appealing format) and the end of the time zone split broadcast in 2015 (itself just a reversal of a bad decision in 2012). Expect to learn a lot of Buzztime history here. Welcome.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:07 pm 
Joke Throw

ANON wrote:
Thanks, Mark! I think I speak for a lot of regular Buzztime players in saying that we think more frequent and transparent dialogue would benefit both Buzztime and the player community.

Right on! Looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:08 pm 
Joke Throw

Merkin wrote:
Mark,

Glad to have you on Scar.

You can start the transparency by responding to the letter I sent in through 'contact us' on your web site regarding the messed up question in the last week of Smartest Bar a few weeks ago.

Sincere thank you so far.

Hey Merkin,

Skyler from my team should've just emailed you about this. We'll continue to improve!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:08 pm 
Joke Throw

Gogetem wrote:
I did a survey that was pretty wordy and I believe that it presents a lot of complaints that the players have.

What survey was this?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:09 pm 
Joke Throw

whales wrote:
You've come to the right place. This is where Buzztime's most loyal fans have been every day for the last eight years since the end of the Buzztime forum. Expect to be in over your head very quickly. Expect this group to be very difficult to excite by the exciting developments you are thinking of. For myself, the only two exciting developments of the past ten years have been the original Smartest Bar format in 2011 (downgraded since to a less appealing format) and the end of the time zone split broadcast in 2015 (itself just a reversal of a bad decision in 2012). Expect to learn a lot of Buzztime history here. Welcome.

Appreciate the background and look forward to acclimating.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. :roll: Nice to see that an attempt to connect with players has FINALLY been made. :roll:

With respect to the survey, one question made me both ROTFLOL and cry my poor tired lil old grumpy ass off - the one that asked something like "...if Buzztime were available in more places, would you play more..." :lol: More than a few others in this forum know exactly what this lil old grump is talking about. :| It would be nice if Buzztime tried to make more sites available in what has become The Horribly Site-Poor Backyard, San Diego County. :cry:

Regardless, Buzztime has a long, long, LONG way to go to dispel the perception that their attitude towards its players has for far, far too long been "PLAYERS ARE *NOT* OUR CUSTOMERS!"

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

For what lil it may be worth, as of a moment or two ago this lil old grump shared the links to this thread and the survey to the BadBart Facebook page, for the benefit of those there not subscribed here.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I didn't see an honest survey. All I saw were limiting questions trying to validate somebody's opinion.

Your mobile app is awful. I sucks power, has connection issues and doesn't recognize some games.

I avoid the daily sports game. It is a reason for me to do something else. I don't care which Milwaukee player drove in the winning run last night because I don't follow Milwaukee and your game isn't enough to make me care.

Saturday night was Buzztime date night, but you guys changed the games, so the wife and I haven't played in several years. I preferred the old Playback.

I use to play over 100 hours a month and now maybe 6 or 7. The breaking point for me was the college football game every half hour on Saturday. I'm still playing, but most of the players I have known have quit.

I wish you luck and hope you figure it out.

-

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:04 pm 
Lotsa Posta

BuzztimeNation wrote:
Gogetem wrote:

What survey was this?
Your post had this link:

Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HQ9S9HS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:01 am 
Colt

Jamie Hilton lasted about 3 months. Place your bets on this one, folks! Miss ya MaryC!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Bring back Wheelie...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:31 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Mark, thanks for asking.

I did complete the survey.

Last time I did a survey they took away some of the rankings and started repeating games during the week, launching a large player rebellion. Perhaps an insight into coming changes before they are launched could provide a sanity check for you ?

Thanks again.
Scar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:54 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jamie Hilton, MaryC, Wheelie, I had forgotten all those names.

Another Buzztime employee that we scared away with our earnestness and loyalty, was Clint Worley. Remember Clint Worley? He initiated this thread in April 2016:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=3146&p=51181&hilit=worley#p51181

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

whales wrote:
Jamie Hilton, MaryC, Wheelie, I had forgotten all those names.

Well, hell. Recognizing that the following may NOT be news to some here...

Jamie Hilton retired from Buzztime and moved from The Horribly Site-Poor Backyard. MaryC left Buzztime for another opportunity, though IIRC she still lives in The Horribly Site-Poor Backyard. Wheelie was one of a number of victims of Buzztime downsizing.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Last time I did a survey they took away some of the rankings and started repeating games during the week, launching a large player rebellion. Perhaps an insight into coming changes before they are launched could provide a sanity check for you ?

Well, hell. Some sort of attempt to contact players for JUST A LIL INSIGHT might have been welcome before the rollout of Movie Night Trivia and Pop Culture Trivia. :roll:

To me, it is bad enough that these spinoffs of Lunchtime Trivia double whammy Saturdays by both reducing Countdown games and reducing network wide games. The worst part, though, was their introduction during the 2016 Triviapalooza, which destroyed that Saturday not only for those attending, but also for those looking forward to competing with them at other sites throughout the network. Why their introduction was thought by whomever it was to be so incredibly important to insist on doing so that specific weekend will likely never be understood by more than a few of us.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hi Mark, welcome to Scar. Hope some of the old farts, who like things the way they were in 1999, don't bother you too much. :mrgreen:
The BT system must evolve just not too drastically. Please keep the "check ins" and "in game extras" like earning worthless items out of BT. (like medals :roll: ) That kind of kid's video game stuff will drive all the remaining players away. However, very few players (< 5%) used the app anyway, only in a emergency if there are no working tablets. If new features are added only in the app it could be fine.

YOU MUST KEEP THE TABLETS/PLAYMAKERS. Phone only will never work. That question was not in the email version??

First, as director of Marketing not Game Operations which is/was Vladimir, we need to focus on Marketing ideas. What has happened to the networks ads? There used to be a lot of beer, liquor and movie ads, not so much to none now? Also the marketing to the small non chain locations seems to be non existent, what's going on there? There is no need to roll out new things if there are no new locations to offset the locations dropping BT.

I took the survey and was shaking my head at most of the items in the 1st question in the email or the 4th question in the above different survey. 95% of that extra junk is not needed. Please just concentrate on getting the app to actually work as well as the tablets!!! The old iPhone version was slow to respond and rarely would get through a game without freezing up. (playing on my Verizon LTE data, not wifi)

The ability to connect with other players would be a plus.

More non BWW locations is the huge key to more players and players staying longer.
Also maintaining the stability of the system in terms of "all tablets locking up" during game play still needs to be addressed. It has been better, but not gone. Yes, I know that's a question for Operations not Marketing.

Thanks for joining Mark and hope you stop back in when you can.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:02 pm 
Nonagenarian

I'm one of the younger fairly regular players around here that I'm aware of and even I don't use the app much. I only use it if I can't get a playmaker/tablet in time for the game or if there isn't one available. Based on this survey, if there are thoughts of going away from tablets/playmakers completely, I think you will lose a large portion of players you still have without gaining new ones. Like many people, the biggest things I see are that you need more locations and you need better training when you do an install at a location.

Most of the questions on the survey are not going to mean much at all to your core players.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. With about three hours short of a full week since their last posting, the silence from Buzztime is just a lil more than deafening. :roll: :lol:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:00 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I did the survey ... Gave good input to it

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:25 am 
Joke Throw

liljol wrote:
For what lil it may be worth, as of a moment or two ago this lil old grump shared the links to this thread and the survey to the BadBart Facebook page, for the benefit of those there not subscribed here.

Appreciate all the feedback and really see an opportunity to expand our footprint in SD and rest of CA to make it easier for our players to connect and compete. Tried looking up BadFart and couldn't locate what you're referring to...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:26 am 
Joke Throw

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Bring back Wheelie...

What's Wheelie?