New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What's new?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:23 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Hey everyone; it's been a while. I haven't played in ages but I thought I'd take a look at the buzztime site and this forum. I'm looking to be informed about the past couple of years, basically. I see there's a tension between BT and BWW, and that repeat questions are still a thing. Would you guys say it's getting worse? What's up with the History Trivia game? The sample question on the site is not promising. Is it just a rebranded Pastimes, or is the quality different? And Glory Daze is on twice a week...good move or no? And how new is Cinema Trivia? Anything else to know? Sorry for all the questions. I'm trying to catch up with the changes.

Post subject: Re: What's new?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:12 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Best way to catch up is to go play, of course. One person's opinion: Cinema Trivia on Mondays is pretty good, although it skews current. Glory Daze two days a week is fine, it seems more pop culture than it used to be (50s-70s current events). History game is currently weak, too many questions not really history.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:10 pm 
Joke Throw

Hey Everyone. Not sure if you've seen yet, but we will be running a competition Tuesdays and Saturdays (5pst) this December (no game on 12/25). $1000 each of those nights goes to the highest score. Should there be a tie, the pot will be distributed evenly. The game is Countdown, which means Brainbuster will be back in January. We're excited to try this out and would love your feedback along the way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Wonder if any consideration was given to running those $1,000 Countdown games at 4:30 instead of 5 PM, preserving Brainbuster as the lead in to Showdown, and giving us a break from those Sports games. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thanks for the replies, Merkin and others. You're right; it's better to just go and see for myself, though that is a bit difficult right now so I appreciate the info.

BuzztimeNation, I've seen a thread or two involving you. I'm a bit late here, but welcome to the forum. As for the $1000 games, it's cool to see you guys trying things out. I'm not a good enough player to realistically be in the running for those prizes and so I'll sit it out, but I appreciate you guys giving people a reward for being good enough to ace or nearly ace a game of Countdown. Obviously there are in-game rewards like a medal or improved average, but so many of your locations are bad about rewarding the players, even with a $20 certificate for more food on their next visit. Three years ago I was playing Wednesday night trivia in a BWW and the manager there saw me and recruited me to go to the other side of the restaurant and play the live trivia they hired a 3rd party to develop and put on for patrons. I played it for several weeks, and won certificates for food most evenings they had it. I eventually quit because the experience was worse than the experience of playing the Wednesday night premium games. They should have just cultivated a trivia scene around the Buzztime system they were already paying for. No idea why they didn't bother with that. And it wasn't my first time seeing live trivia in a BWW while the premium games were playing overhead. Anyway my point is it's nice to see players rewarded in this way when the places at which they play are often hesitant to do so.

I do have a question for you if that's all right. How open is Buzztime to a new type of use for its system?