New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Buzztime 2018 4Q earnings call
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I listened to the 2018 4Q call. There was lots of new plans announced, certainly sounds promising.

- 4Q was profitable
- revenue growth up 12% for 4Q
- 2018 was the strongest in 24 years
- Due to increase in other sales of tablets, notably to Jails. (now were talking got to find out what jails have BT)

- New platform called Capital Lite has been in testing, it will be a much cheaper entry level system for bars who didn't like the high price of current system. It will have a site hub platform instead of standard computer. There will be a small wireless box on back of TVs so no cables to run, much cheaper install. It will have new easier advertising options. It will be mobile phn app compatible. (more to it will have to see printed write up of call)

- the new mobile app is in progress, it will offer many new possibilities

- working on a new improved ad network

-2019 will see new launches including packaging and hardware improvements (couple other things I missed)

- site count was down again (missed the number) Now up to 84% tablets vs 81% in 2017

- No new info on the strategic sale of Buzztime, still offered up for sale as a option

-there was no mention of BWW other than to say they are working on improving the situation with them.

I intended to ask a question or 2 about the BWW contract renewal situation but was not given the chance to ask a question. I did press *1 to ask a question but they ignored me, possibly because I wasn't with an Investment brokerage company. There was only 1 stupid question asked about frequency of something.

All of this sounds like they are trying to get some new locations with a cheaper entry point, hopefully existing locations will be able to get the Capital Lite as well. That will be the only way to grow site count. Hopefully BWW will renew the entertainment contract.

See you all on the boards from Jail. :mrgreen: If anyone remembers the Buchannon West Virginia TIEFLY hillbilly bash.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

Post subject: Re: Buzztime 2018 4Q earnings call
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks for this, BUD.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:24 am 
Lotsa Posta

Good info. If only they can get the premium games to work correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:22 am 

Thanks for the update. I try to listen in as an investor as well but missed this one. One thing I found though is that the call seems to be all 'sunshine and rainbows' with limited 'tough questions' asked. I imagine the questions have to be pre-submitted and screened. I was on the last call in November where they just glossed over BWW and only let one person ask one boring technical question about something on the balance sheet.

I would recommend waiting for them to post the 10-Q filing with the SEC for Q4 18 for details. Like I mentioned, i was on the Q3 call where they glossed over 'working with BWW' but then the 10-Q filing had this:

In March 2017, Buffalo Wild Wings chose us to be its provider of digital menu, order, and payment functionality. In November 2017, we expected to begin rolling out our improved tablet platform system at certain Buffalo Wild Wings locations during the first quarter of 2018 and, after an initial set of locations was running smoothly, throughout the rest of the Buffalo Wild Wings corporate and franchise locations with which we had partnered. Due to the acquisition of Buffalo Wild Wings by Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. (which renamed itself Inspire Brands Inc.) in February 2018 and to the associated changes with Buffalo Wild Wings’ operations, the rollout of our expanded functionality tablet platform system was put on hold to allow its new ownership to assess all the programs at Buffalo Wild Wings. The order, payment and guest insights functionality available through our improved tablet system was deployed in a pilot study at 31 Buffalo Wild Wings locations between April 2018 and September 2018. In October 2018, Buffalo Wild Wings informed us that it determined not to rollout our order, payment and guest insights functionality and that its relationship with us would continue in accordance with existing agreements we entered into in the ordinary course of business, and which terminate in accordance with their terms in November 2019. If we don’t extend the Buffalo Wild Wings relationship beyond November 2019 or add network subscribers to sufficiently offset the subscription revenue we currently receive from Buffalo Wild Wings corporate-owned restaurants and its franchisees, we expect our subscription revenue to materially decrease beginning in the first quarter of 2020, which could materially and adversely affect our operating results and cash flows. In addition, the inability to demonstrate Buffalo Wild Wings as a strategic user of our expanded functionality tablet platform system could negatively impact achievement of our chain customer site growth goals. Likewise, if any other customer who may in the future represent a significant portion of our revenue were to breach or terminate their subscriptions or otherwise decrease the amount of business they transact with us, we could lose a significant portion of our revenues and cash flow.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bejoe, I have asked questions in the past and they did not have to be submitted in advance. To ask one was the same process as yesterday, just hit *1 when they open the phones for questions. The operator did ask what company I was with when I joined the call and I said private investor so maybe that ruled me out. Next time I will be with "a company".

Hopefully, BWW can renew the entertainment side with BT.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:17 pm 

I actually tried that once a year or so ago. When asked, I said 'Institutional Investor' thinking that would put me above an individual investor without having to lie about representing one of the large brokerages that may have already been in queue to ask. Shorty after that, I read an article about an individual investor with a much larger stake than I have (10% or so if I recall). He was raising some good tough questions and trying to initiate a public proxy fight about the direction things were going. However, BT used every technical fine print rule in the book to keep him from speaking on the investor calls, annual shareholder meetings, etc. Based on that, I would really be curious if anyone is allowed to just press the * key and they open the line for an unknown question.

On a side 'not too encouraging note', I played Lunch Trivia today at BWW and sometime between last Saturday and Today, they converted the backgrounds from the 'BWW Branded Lunch Trivia' with the yellow background and BWW logo to the standard BT 'Lunch Trivia' with White background and fork logo that shows at 'mom and pop places'. I am wondering if that was just a technical glitch or advance sign of the BWW-BT 'break up'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

https://seekingalpha.com/article/425011 ... transcript

Here's the transcript.