New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Playmaker Beta App
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:21 pm 
Lotsa Posta

We have a mixture here in SoCal. Half are playable, half are not. It does seem to be a bug as others have said the same in different areas of the country.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The interesting thing for me is that the only two sites that are 0.0 for me are my home site of Red Fox Grill in Cuyahoga Falls (the closest site to me) and Wingz Sports in Brunswick (which is the farthest away among the choices given). The only thing they have in common is that I have played "at" both of those sites virtually more than once.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:50 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

from what i got from my teammates is that most for some reason can only connect to wingz, but nowhere else. like anon that location is the farthest of all the possible locations. we have played at several of the other locations including west park station recently, but wingz is the only one we can connect to now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:08 pm 

My Guess based on my observations today after seeing some distance limits re-instated:

Here the TX governor re-closed 'bars' as defined by 51% or more alcohol sales to stop the young kids from packing in and spreading COVID. Out of the 4 places to play in 20 miles that come up on my app (besides the new 'Virtual TX #01' site), the 2 that are playable with distance set at 0.0 are 'bars' with 51% or more alcohol sales and thus closed down with no in-person play allowed or possible.

The 2 that are now set to actual distance and unplayable unless on site are 'restaurants with bars' with 51% or more food sales and open at 50% capacity limits with on-site play possible. This is despite the fact that they are closer to my location physically than the 'bars' that are playable.

My guess is they want butts in seats playing on site spending $$$ on food and drink when the site is open and paying BT fees. For the sites closed with subscription fees frozen, they don't care if you play remotely.

I doubt 'skeleton crew' BT can manage nationwide COVID restrictions since many unlike TX are down to local level and change daily, but after reading their last Quarterly review notes about how closed down places suspended their subscription fees, I think they may be enforcing mandatory on-site play based on who is open/paying subscription fees vs who is not. It may not even been straightforward of who is open vs closed. I would suspect a longtime BT customer, while open with very restrictive occupancy/outdoor only service may be able plead their case for a subscription fee freeze just as much as a completely shut down site if they intend to keep it when things get better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:08 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

NYC is not showing mileage for sites, but then there aren't any other sites besides Mad River and the Virtual NYC in the vicinity.

For those of you who are suddenly unable to play due to distance, I had no problem playing a Lunchtime game at BWW Southington and Stained Glass Pub via GPS spoofing this morning. Later, I was able to play Countdown at Ray J's and Ol' Mexico, but not B-52; the game froze on a welcome screen with two different devices. Finally, I played Countdown at Red Fox and West Park Station without difficulty.

I am getting mileage readings for locations that are out of range, which seems to be a number of miles (the lowest I have seen so far is 4.5). I get an out-of-range message when I click on those. I do not get a mileage rating for locations near the one I targeted, and I can sign in to those locations, so I think something like the 2 mile rule is in effect.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:26 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I was in Indianapolis playing on Friday afternoon when I could not play due to distance. Returned to Louisville Saturday and could not play either.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
I was in Indianapolis playing on Friday afternoon when I could not play due to distance. Returned to Louisville Saturday and could not play either.

Scott, check your PMs. I sent you one about getting my password reset. I have a new phone that won't take what I thought is my password. Haven't had to put it in in years. :roll:

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:27 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I think Bejoe has the idea of what BT has done.

I think BT set the radius back to 2 miles on the active and paying locations. While the locations that asked to go on hiatus and are not paying but computers still on, are now on a different list. They escaped the 2 mile reset and are still on the 20 mile radius.

There is no way BT has the staff to follow what bars are actually open or not.

So to check, has anyone actually played in a location that is still at 20 miles (0.0)?? Are they open for bar service and have BT available on screens?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

STRO wrote:
NYC is not showing mileage for sites, but then there aren't any other sites besides Mad River and the Virtual NYC in the vicinity.

For those of you who are suddenly unable to play due to distance, I had no problem playing a Lunchtime game at BWW Southington and Stained Glass Pub via GPS spoofing this morning. Later, I was able to play Countdown at Ray J's and Ol' Mexico, but not B-52; the game froze on a welcome screen with two different devices. Finally, I played Countdown at Red Fox and West Park Station without difficulty.

I am getting mileage readings for locations that are out of range, which seems to be a number of miles (the lowest I have seen so far is 4.5). I get an out-of-range message when I click on those. I do not get a mileage rating for locations near the one I targeted, and I can sign in to those locations, so I think something like the 2 mile rule is in effect.

Hey STRO,

Glad you could play a lunchtime game at Stained Glass Pub. How did it go in terms of making our Lunchtime July board?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:51 am 
Lotsa Posta

I have had three locations on my I-Pad. Two, which I rarely used during the lockdown, are still available. The third, Old Chicago in Merrilville, IN, is now listed as 17 miles away and is not available. While sitting at Walsh's, about half the locations listed are no longer available.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:25 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Glad you could play a lunchtime game at Stained Glass Pub. How did it go in terms of making our Lunchtime July board?

I got a 6,000, which was about seventh in a sea filled with OLDDOGs and COACHes.

There was a point yesterday where I had four boxes playing in three different states at the same time trying to explore this, with questions and clues popping up at different times.
A different sort of challenge.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

STRO wrote:
BUD wrote:

I got a 6,000, which was about seventh in a sea filled with OLDDOGs and COACHes.

There was a point yesterday where I had four boxes playing in three different states at the same time trying to explore this, with questions and clues popping up at different times.
A different sort of challenge.

Ahhh, you were logged into the other Stained Glass Pub in Elkridge MD.
My Stained Glass Pub is in Silver Spring MD. They do show up differently on the bar ranking boards.

Yes, there is lag between bars as there always has been for decades. Used to be exploited by cell phone now technology makes it easier to cheat. I need to see about BT resetting all location computer clocks to be in sync. But it all depends on the number of ads seen per game in the locations that throws the sync off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:34 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

BUD wrote:
scar wrote:

Scott, check your PMs. I sent you one about getting my password reset. I have a new phone that won't take what I thought is my password. Haven't had to put it in in years. :roll:

Done, strange in that I didn't get a notification. I will check my spam.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

HoopScoop wrote:
Anyone else have the Buzztime app revert back to the mileage lock for ALL locations EXCEPT Buffalo Wild Wings which still lists 0.0 miles?

I was able to play from home in the Chicago suburbs. With places in the south and west falling apart, I wonder if they won't go back.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yesterday I played from Connie's pizza on Archer Avenue with my location being Walsh's. So some places still have the unlimited radius on.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:00 pm 
New Driver

qbb2 wrote:
HoopScoop wrote:
Anyone else have the Buzztime app revert back to the mileage lock for ALL locations EXCEPT Buffalo Wild Wings which still lists 0.0 miles?

yes - unable to play here in CA. I get the "We're sorry, but you wont be able to play since you are too far from this location." message.

One of the sites where I had been playing remotely - Tavern - just showed up as 0.0 miles and I was able to play Playback last night.
I don't know when or why this happened. The other place on my list - The Local - still shows as "too far".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:19 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I have been told that the mileage restrictions have been added to sites that are still actively paying. Some of those sites requested BT to do that. Some of the other sites made their accounts inactive until they can reopen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:53 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

NYC continues to have no contraction of mileage, but there seems to be no prospect of
indoor dining/drinking any time soon; the powers-that-be are not too happy with how outside
drinking is working out, either.

I am observing the same sort of odd measurement of location mentioned for Ohio in northern
New Jersey, with a location relatively far away being given the first ranking over nearer locations.

One of the Mad River players bought a couple $20 Tracfone prepaid phones (TCL LX) on sale at Target and was able
to set up Buzztime and GPS spoofing on them. I grabbed two today and have done the same (installation was slow,
but Buzztime runs fine on them). If you don't want to use your serious phone to play Buzztime, you can't beat that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
I have been told that the mileage restrictions have been added to sites that are still actively paying. Some of those sites requested BT to do that. Some of the other sites made their accounts inactive until they can reopen.

I saw an email saying the same thing. A few paying bars complained so now all Paying bars were reset to 2 miles. The others on suspended service, not paying but still working remotely are still on 20 miles until? Who knows?

So this is it, not a glitch as I hoped.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:13 am 
Centenarian

Sounds like spoofing apps downloads will increase exponentially.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Buzztime is saying on facebook that individual bars can email Buzztime at (email@buzztime.com) and ask to have the extended 20 mile radius put back on temporarily.

So, time to bug the bar managers and promise to patronize the bar when they have seating for a team available, or are even open inside, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:16 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I got the same message. How many of us have the home phone numbers?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Mileage has been turned back on in the Chicago burbs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:04 am 
U > 100 * 2

I’m back to traveling for work. Right now I’m in St. Louis and the app is showing me the accurate mileage to two bars. Says I’m too far away to play, though.

The app must have updated itself because it wasn’t working at all a while back.

GYPSY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gypsy wrote:
I’m back to traveling for work. Right now I’m in St. Louis and the app is showing me the accurate mileage to two bars. Says I’m too far away to play, though.

The app must have updated itself because it wasn’t working at all a while back.

GYPSY

We've found that some locations still have the mileage turned off. I bet it's places where bars have closed down for the most part, like Las Vegas.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next