All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: BWW franchisees start signing new contracts with Buzztim
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:56 pm 
Lotsa Posta

No, we won't! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:29 am 
Centenarian

I would absolutely be surprised if having people use their own devices to play trivia works.Sure,there will be some.Overall,I do not see it as a good business model.It is not like there is a groundswell to play the game.It needs to be simple and customer friendly.I would get some field representatives out there.First,I would make sure the equipment works.Get to the places it is currently popular and maintain the customer base.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:39 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As things change quickly at BT it was expected that the board of directors would get a shakeup too.

Gregg Thomas takes over as chairman for Jeff Berg who stays on the board. Susan Miller replaces Paul Yanover.

Both Thomas and Miller are heavy on investment banking and have capital market backgrounds in the restaurant expansion area.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:32 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

So no knowledge of the product or the customer base? Are they just vulture capitalists who will run off with all the assets that aren't nailed down and leave the company in even more ruins? Enquiring minds want to know.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The CEO of BT Ram Krishnan has resigned. Intrim CEO will be Allen Wolff who is the current CFO. A search for a new CEO will begin.
Mr Wolff joined BT in 2014 and received his M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship and Finance from the University of Maryland.

No indication what caused The resignation.

Go Terps!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:22 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I would be more inclined to cheer Go CFOs !

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:02 am 

BUD wrote:
The CEO of BT Ram Krishnan has resigned. Intrim CEO will be Allen Wolff who is the current CFO. A search for a new CEO will begin.
Mr Wolff joined BT in 2014 and received his M.B.A. in Entrepreneurship and Finance from the University of Maryland.

No indication what caused The resignation.

Go Terps!!

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/bu ... discontent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Too bad the app still doesn't have the premium games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:

The app has SIX for both Wed and Thur nights.

The only games it doesn't have are Spotlight, Playback and Showdown. I believe BT is working on those difficult to transfer games.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:30 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I posted this in another thread, but it bears repeating...

The otherwise terrific iOS 13 seems to have broken the app again. Tried it Tuesday, and signing on seemed to work, except for the fact it didn't knock my already signed-on tablet offline...

And, despite the fact I was IN the site, its location finder told me I was 2.26 miles away from it.

p.s. Got home to find the iOS 13.1 is already out, and I dl'ed that and installed it. So, maybe there were probs with iOS 13 that caused such a super-quic update from Apple... iOS 13 just came out Friday... Maybe I'll have to try the app out again soon...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

The app has SIX for both Wed and Thur nights.

The only games it doesn't have are Spotlight, Playback and Showdown. I believe BT is working on those difficult to transfer games.

Since we play Playback... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:55 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Tried the app again, and it now works on iOS 13.1.

Different place, tho... Will have to try again at Cameron's on Tuesday to see if my problem was location-specific.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The BWW Blazin Rewards free food points program and it's icon has been removed from the BT tablet home screens at our BWW. You have to have the app now to get check in points. Point redemptions for free food can be done online or through the app. I always just used the BT tablets for all that.

Things are not looking good for our MD franchise, they keep saying they don't know anything other than there is a Nov cut off. They don't know anything about signing up independently, that's above their store level.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

There are now 127 BWW franchise stores that have extended the BT contract. Most notably Kalamazoo MI and Valparaiso IN. Also Bridgeport WV, TIEFLY is alive and well. Supposedly another 300 in talks to extend.

Still waiting on ours to do something, been talking with the area manager, but nothing yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:27 pm 
Lotsa Posta

BUD wrote:
There are now 127 BWW franchise stores that have extended the BT contract. Most notably Kalamazoo MI and Valparaiso IN. Also Bridgeport WV, TIEFLY is alive and well. Supposedly another 300 in talks to extend.

Still waiting on ours to do something, been talking with the area manager, but nothing yet.

How do you know this? What is the complete list? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
BUD wrote:

How do you know this? What is the complete list? Thanks.

Click on "location search" on the BT players page of the website. Then put Buffalo Wild Wings in the search box. 6 locations will come up then click "view more" on the right. Then scroll down to the end of that list and click "view all". It says 127.

I checked about 20 of those BWW pages to make sure they did have game play after the 15th inc TIEFLY. :o

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:41 pm 
Nonagenarian

At least 2 of those are BWWs in OH that are closed and were prior to the 15th- West Carrollton and Springboro. I wonder if any others fall into that category.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Thanks Bud.

Agree with Brutus, at least one listed near me (Homewood, Il) no longer has the game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:52 pm 
Lotsa Posta

According to EL SID, corroborated by DPH, Minneapolis and St Paul, once home to Buffalo Wild Wings corporate headquarters, have no active BWW Buzztime sites. The tail wags the dog, the tail grows bored and wanders off, attaching itself to Roark Capital.

Tablet technology, which Buzztime was ill-prepared to undertake, has been superseded by phone apps at every level. The durability of the tablets, merely as game-play devices, is tragically short. Restaurant ordering systems and bored children should never have been considerations distracting Buzztime from its core mission, to provide a general knowledge quiz to the 10% of us who sit at the rail and don't want the guy seated next us asking, "How 'bout them Vikes?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:15 pm 

The new home of BWW/Inspire/Arby's/Roark or whatever you want to call them these days is in Altanta and only has ONE BT location. Atlanta is no small town. It's a Mellow Mushroom in their own home town of Atlanta that kept it. There are actually 5 Mellow Mushrooms left on the site finder. I remember when all Mellow Mushroom's all had it as a brand standard much like BWW, TGIF, Damons, Hooters, Beef O'Bradys and all the other chains they let go (Or at most let opt out of the master chain agreement leaving a handful of franchises) .

I find it Hilarious that the BT 'Business site' at https://www.buzztime.com/business/

which tries to promote site sign ups has many of these logos as customers including this gem as a highlight. I don't think anyone is driving the bus anymore. A quick search shows that Tom Renfro is a Franchise owner of several locations in Indiana. None of which come up on the sitefinder, so he must have changed his tune and BT didnt get the memo.

BUZZTIME WORKS FOR CUSTOMERS
"The best thing about Buzztime is that it helps you build a loyal customer fan base. I can attest to the fact that we have several guests that are here almost every day. Buzztime helped make that happen."

Tom Renfro

Buffalo Wild Wings

I think that needs to be updated to something like:

"The best thing about my Buffalo Wild Wings franchise agreement is that I am no longer mandated to carry Buzztime and the subscription fees can go back into my pocket despite the fact that we have several guests that are here almost every day. Buzztime helped make that happen"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:34 pm 
Like to the lark at break of day arising

BWW Blacksburg no longer has the game, but still shows up on the list when Buffalo Wild Wings are searched. "Nearby" BWWs like BWW-North Roanoke (46 miles away) and BWW-Beckley (90 miles away) show no activity after Nov. 15, but are also showing up among the 127 "active" sites. BWW-Beckley doesn't seem to have had any activiuty since the end of September.

The other BWW in Roanoke (Valley View) appears to be keeping the game for now on a month to month basis. It's still 40 miles away, so I don't see our team playing there on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am 
You, in C.

Looks like most all of the BWWs in Chicagoland dropped it. (My local manager gave me a heads up for the six locations nearest me some weeks ago.) Inasmuch as I have but one location within half an hour, it looks like my largely dormant BT career of 24 years just became even more dormant, I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:49 am 
You, in C.

Oh, and Berg is thankfully gone from the board as of today. Stock price hovering just above $2.50. Jeez. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ntn-buzz ... 00943.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yes Berg and Mitgang both off the BT board. I don't know what they wanted to do recently but I guess it didn't fit any longer. Hopefully back to concentrating on trivia gaming.

Game Development expert Michael Gottlieb has been named to the board. He was suggested by a stockholder and has expertise in interactive gaming.

Mr. Gottlieb said, "I enjoy playing Buzztime Trivia, and in today's digital word, we have a great opportunity to introduce more engaging games that ignite our player base. I am excited to join the team and offer my unique skillset to help Buzztime expand its entertainment offering."

"Michael Gottlieb leads U.S. business development for Digital Gaming Corporation, a computer software company. Prior, he served as the studio head for MahiGaming San Diego, a developer of online and mobile gaming software, and as senior director of game development for Bally Technologies and Scientific Games, gaming manufacturers. Mr. Gottlieb received a B.A. degree from Northern Illinois University."

Good sign I'd say that BT actually appointed someone who knows the BT games. (he says) I wonder what his handle is?