New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yet Another Technical Mess
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:06 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Last night (Sep 4) at Teasers, we expected up to 12 people to play Smartest Bar. When I arrived first, the screens were showing Countdown with no problem, with the new mother board installed the week before after the last problem. The old style playmakers were all charged and ready to go. The playmakers, however, could not get past the original 'screen' with the playmaker number and charging %. Teasers manager and I called the regular Buzztime number and got the answering service. Then we called the 'secret' number and got the 'help desk' at Buzztime, but no number of reboots could reconnect the playmakers to the game.

With an hour to go before Smartest Bar and $900 and weekly bragging rights on the line, those present made the 35 min trek to Walsh's where we played successfully. (There were two BWs closer, but neither plays Buzztime regularly and I'll leave it to teammate Austin to describe the barely simian answers he got when he called and asked them if they had working boards. Unfortunately, Teasers, which we like, lost the business and more important, 4 players, who could not make the last minute switch, could not join us.

So this leaves us with two questions:

1. Has anyone else seen this symptom?

2. What the hell is going on? Three of the last six Tuesdays and Wednesdays the system has not worked at Teasers, a long time Buzztime bar and a leader in premium game play. It is not Teasers fault, they try to keep the game working. I am not one of the 'anticipatory schadenfreude' players. I hope Buzztime succeeds and provides a game for all of us to play. But one of the fundamentals is a game that works.

Post subject: Re: Yet Another Technical Mess
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:09 pm 
Lotsa Posta

A few years ago, Danny K's was having strange issues similar to yours. BT sent out a new computer system, not just a motherboard.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:36 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Maybe you guys need to download the new app and play on your phones. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The old blue box locations are having more and more problems these days. Those computers are very old at most places and I don't think BT is replacing them, just trying to fix them with parts. I'll guess BT doesn't have a supply of those old computers on hand anymore.

There have been a couple of blue box bars around here that dropped BT when the old computer couldn't be fixed.

Time to upgrade to tablets at Teasers or turn it off. I doubt the phone app would work when the computer is not working right, but who knows?

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:34 pm 
You, in C.

Even the new tablets are cluster bombs half the time. I’m playing right now but only after sorting through half a dozen nonworking tablets first. I’d say something like, “Get your act together BT,” but we all know the utter futility of that.

Dave/Stejie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The BT website is down and I just tried to log into the BT Phone app without success.

Anyone out playing now, is the system working with bar rankings?

Did anyone play last night? Or see any Spotlight rankings on the BT website today?

Hope things are good for Playback tonight.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:35 pm 
Centenarian

I hear a bunch of people are calling their technical support number complaining. I haven't been able to get out and see if sites are working or not.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

HoopScoop wrote:
I hear a bunch of people are calling their technical support number complaining. I haven't been able to get out and see if sites are working or not.

I tried calling the regular 800 service number and it rolled over to a live answering service who said they don't know anything about anything and don't work for BT but could take a message and forward it.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:19 pm 

I played last night. Last game of Late shift at 10 pm CT was working fine. Same thing today of no website or app working earlier today. Unfortunately after the BWW dump, the only place I play now is an old school local bar that doesnt open until 4 on weekends.

Looks like website and app are working now though. Seems like their system couldnt handle leap day

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Haven't been getting any rankings for Countdown this evening, but we did get rankings for Playback

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:30 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

poman wrote:
Haven't been getting any rankings for Countdown this evening, but we did get rankings for Playback

Were you actually able to play Playback?

We totally crashed around 6:15 and couldn't get back in until an 8ish reboot. (Shift change and the bar was getting very, very crowded.)

We were able to start Playback, but it stopped again.

We all left

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zzuupp wrote:
poman wrote:

Were you actually able to play Playback?

We totally crashed around 6:15 and couldn't get back in until an 8ish reboot. (Shift change and the bar was getting very, very crowded.)

We were able to start Playback, but it stopped again.

We all left

Yes, Playback was fine at Stained Glass Pub SS. Full game plus good rankings.

Prior to Playback there was no rankings from about 2:00 through the 8:00 game. We noticed we were way ahead of time when the games ended and thus blank ranking boards were shown as scores hadn't come in yet. I'll guess all the scheduled ads were not shown because none were actually scheduled for 2/29 as that date doesn't exist in buzztime land.

We did get rankings and the games seemed to be on time from Playback on through 11pm.

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:34 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Had another one today. When I got in, the poker players were nice enough to tell me that THE is there, but no Countdown. At four fifty whatever, when THE resets, we asked the bartender for a reboot. It didn't reset in time for the 5:00 game, but Countdown returned at 5:30.

I'm only posting this because: When it was asked, the bartender said "AGAIN".

Apparently, it had messed up that afternoon, and the owner had called it in , and was trying to fix that problem.