Guess the BT shutdown date...
Poll ended at Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:38 pm
1. Before end of 2020 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
2. First quarter 2021 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
3. End of 2021 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
4. End of 2022 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
5. BT will never die! 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17
 Post subject: How much longer is our game gonna last?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:38 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Well, according to those is the know, BWW and its hundreds of BT locales are pulling the plug...

Will that kill BT? Will BT find some way to survive the sudden loss of a large portion of their monthly income?

If so, will it be a slow, lingering death or will the patient die quickly?

Poll closes in three months... Have at it!

Post subject: Re: How much longer is our game gonna last?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:27 pm 
Nonagenarian

The thing that I can't shake is why put so much time and effort into the new app if that isn't going to be a big part of plans going forward? I understand the BT lite system that they've been trying but I'm wondering if it may go beyond that to a monthly subscription charge to players to be able to play without being in a BT location for example.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:31 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

My opinion on the sudden high attention to the app as well as the cash contests and other promotions is similar to “staging” a home for sale... Brighten, update, etc. to draw more buyers.

Similarly, BT is trying this sales method in hopes of attracting investors or even a total sale of the product.

Who knows, maybe the scheme will work and convince someone to kick in...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:00 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Maybe I'll buy it. Expect more questions about opera, mountaineering and Ohio State football!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Maybe I'll buy it. Expect more questions about opera, mountaineering and Ohio State football!

:lol:

I'll go in with you on this. How much do you suppose would buy a majority share of NTN stock? I think I have a few hundred dollars in a jar in the basement...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:44 pm 
Centenarian

Poll closes in 3 months. I think buzztime will outlast that.I cannot see many except for perhaps a few diehards and a few others playing on their own devices.It ties up a person's phone. It drains the battery.If I buy it expect more questions on Minnesota Golden Gopher football.They were National Champions in 1960.Rest in peace coach Murray Warmath and All American quarterback Sandy Stephens.Second in Heisman Trophy voting in1960 and also Outland Trophy winner that year Albert Lea, Minnesota native Tom Brown is in College Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame .Future Outland Trophy winner Bobby Bell , a Super Bowl champion and NFL Hall of Famer was on that 1960 team.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:24 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Nice summary of the 1960 Gophers. Looking forward to Ohio State playing them in this year's Big 10 Championship!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:08 pm 

ANON wrote:
Merkin wrote:

:lol:

I'll go in with you on this. How much do you suppose would buy a majority share of NTN stock? I think I have a few hundred dollars in a jar in the basement...

Based on the Stock price right now, a mere $3.6M would buy just over 50%.

Next week on the 30th, when they release their quarterly report, that may drop significantly if they are no longer claiming to 'work with the Corporate BWW's for an extension' like they have been all year long and officially announce the end of that relationship.

That seems to be the case as the manager of my local Corp BWW told me yesterday it is definitely going away and even gave me the 'pull out date' of Nov 15th.

Also pointed out to us that they removed the Blazin rewards option to log in from the playmaker because 'we are getting rid of it' (getting rid of BT, not Blazin Rewards). Some of the older regulars that don't even play the game were upset since they have old non-smart phones and relied on the playmaker to check in and redeem points - they are SOL now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bugg wrote:
Poll closes in 3 months. I think buzztime will outlast that.I cannot see many except for perhaps a few diehards and a few others playing on their own devices.It ties up a person's phone. It drains the battery.If I buy it expect more questions on Minnesota Golden Gopher football.They were National Champions in 1960.Rest in peace coach Murray Warmath and All American quarterback Sandy Stephens.Second in Heisman Trophy voting in1960 and also Outland Trophy winner that year Albert Lea, Minnesota native Tom Brown is in College Football Hall of Fame and Canadian Football Hall of Fame .Future Outland Trophy winner Bobby Bell , a Super Bowl champion and NFL Hall of Famer was on that 1960 team.

Bugg, there are options besides your current phone for using the BT app. You can bring a iPad or android tablet that gets wifi to use the app. Older tablets can be found on eBay for about $40 if you don't have one already. iPad 1 will not work, needs to be a iPad 2 or higher with iOS 8 or higher. (iOS can be updated after purchase, sellers often wipe the iPad reverting it to an iOS under 8)

Also an older smartphone that you aren't using anymore can still be used through wifi as a playmaker for the BT app. I have an old iPhone 5 that works great for the app, it has no data plan or sim card and works great on wifi for the BT app.

So I have 4 app playmakers right now, none use any data plan, all on bar wifi. 2 old iPad tablets, an old iPhone 5 and my current iPhone which I don't use much as a playmaker. Battery life has been fine so far, the new app is much, much better for that.

Get a old iPad and give it a try, the buttons are bigger than on the BT tablets, the questions are now on there and it's easier to use and it's not all F'd up by a bunch of kids. Your own playmaker(s) is a great thing.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:39 pm 
Centenarian

Thank you Bud for the information.I really think very few people will actually bring their own devices to play the game.Perhaps some will that have already been playing.I do not see people that are casual players or have never played the game being too excited by this.I do not think this will expand buzztime player base very much.I do however respect your and others enthusiasm for this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:45 am 
Severus and Victorinus

I'm too old to use a smart phone/Ipad.

RAY J.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:00 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dumping Trendalicious isn't a good sign. Seems like the only reason they're doing it is because of the loss of BWW revenue. That certainly doesn't bode well for long term survival.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:46 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

My Buffalo Wild Wings in Appleton WI has no more tablets. Went in on Saturday afternoon and all tablets as well as charging racks on wall are all gone. Buzztime still available on TV (for the time being anyway) so I was able to play using the app on my own personal tablet. Can't be a good sign...............

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:23 am 
Lord of Scaratings

My wife got a new phone, we kept the old one as our possible playmaker of the future. Guess I will need to download the app :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:41 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

17 votes... That speaks volumes by itself.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'd put money down that Buzztime will cease operations in 2020.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:

I'll take the other side of that bet. I'll say BT will still be running after 1/1/2021.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
BGTUNA wrote:

I'll take the other side of that bet. I'll say BT will still be running after 1/1/2021.

As much as I like being right, I hope you are right!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:54 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

This week NTN Buzztime announced their 4th Quarter 2019 and 2019 Year End Earnings Call. The date is March 17th. It may provide some insight to the future.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:54 pm 
Centenarian

Jim wrote:
This week NTN Buzztime announced their 4th Quarter 2019 and 2019 Year End Earnings Call. The date is March 17th. It may provide some insight to the future.

I wonder if the numbers will be skewed a bit due to the call being done on St. Patrick's Day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:07 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I fear that obviously lots of bars and restaurants will be hurting, and looking for any non essential expenditures to cut. And some percentage will go out of business. Could be really bad for BT.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:46 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Very interesting point, SCAR. It occurs to me that with the near-blackout of sports events, NTN might interest bars in signing up for the games as a way of attracting customers. Of course, that's if NTN still has a sales force. In the entire city of New York, where there are a total of two bars still carrying the game, we haven't seen a sales rep in years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

xtrain wrote:
Very interesting point, SCAR. It occurs to me that with the near-blackout of sports events, NTN might interest bars in signing up for the games as a way of attracting customers. Of course, that's if NTN still has a sales force. In the entire city of New York, where there are a total of two bars still carrying the game, we haven't seen a sales rep in years.

All restaurants and bars will soon be closed.

As for the BT sales reps, there hasn't been any outside of Carlsbad for years. It's all done by a few sales people from HQ. They will take any suggestions on possible new bars to email/call etc. But I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime soon.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:26 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

They couldn't close the bars in NYC during prohibition, when the Constitution banned them. Last week, Gov. Cuomo issued an order that all bars and restaurants cut back their customersy by 50%. Today he had a little hissyfit when reports showed that his order was largely ignored on Friday and Saturday nights. Who's going to enforce it?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
xtrain wrote:

All restaurants and bars will soon be closed.

Yep. Ohio is probably the banner state for buzztime, and Ohio is now done for at least 2 weeks.

Pittsburgh & Philadelphia are done the next 2 weeks too, although I think there's all of a whopping 1 site in the counties of those cities