New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Getting new Bars to sign up for BT in the BWW void
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Time to make a new thread on getting BT back in your area especially if you only had BWW, as is the case for many on here.

If anyone has had any luck in getting bars to sign up please let us know the tips on that. I see BT is offering $200 for new bar referrals that do sign up with no limit to the number you can refer or get the $200 for. Also $50 for qualified leads.

So, I will get right into that by making a list of the best 10 bars around Gaithersburg or Germantown MD with a good number of Tvs. I'll go by and talk with managers and see which ones might be the most interested. I would take some printouts from the BT website. Maybe a copy of the map for my area showing the huge void of locations. Any other thoughts there?

Let's see who can be the first to get a new BT bar. Start sending in the qualified leads to BT through the email link you should have got today.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Post subject: Re: Getting new Bars to sign up for BT in the BWW void
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:08 pm 
Centenarian

Thank you Bud for your enthusiasm and dedication to keeping buzztime relevant.I do know that when Fabulous Fern's closed in St. Paul I believe a member of their Tuesday showdown team went to Sweet Pea's and got ownership at that time to agree to carry it.If a group of people can show a local establishment the value of it that might work. These places need a return on their investment.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I clicked on the link in the BT email to join the bar referral program. You then have to join PartnerStack and submit a short form that needs to be approved by BT. We'll see how long that takes.

After that happens there appears to be $50 payments for qualified leads for bars. I'll assume that's a good name of a bar manager with phone number/email. Then if they do sign there would be $200 payments. Not sure exactly how PartnerStack works, though.

Anyone that needs a BWW replacement please join the referral program to see what happens.

This is the link to the program if you didn't get the BT email.
https://buzztime.growsumo.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Some places had it and dropped it as it became too expensive to justify the cost. I hope they keep that under consideration.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:33 pm 

Does anyone know how they treat a 'referral' of a previous customer that dropped?

After the loss of the 3 BWW's in Austin City Proper, a city of 1 Million in the actual city limits, there are only 3 places left to play. The only one with tablets has only had 3 plays of TX hold'em and Spotlight last played in September. I am assuming they dropped or don't have any working equipment and doubt I should waste time trying despite showing up on the sitefinder.

The remaining 2 only have the old blue boards and one of those would be over an hour drive one-way in traffic.

That leaves me only one option reasonably close, but the one time I played, I was the only one and don't know what kind of remaining stock of functioning blue boxes are on hand if more folks are playing. It seems working blue boxes are hard to come by.

There are a few places close by home that used to have it, but dropped long ago. I would be interested in seeing if they would re-visit getting it back, especially knowing now that they could pick up BWW players looking for a new place to play. However, I am wondering if BT would not 'count' a previous client as a referral and refuse the payment?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would think a place that had buzztime years ago would be fresh to approach to see if they wanted to see what the options are currently including Buzztime Basic with no tablets. There may be a new manager or owner, I'd call it a new viable lead.

I'm now approved to submit leads so if anyone has a bar to suggest please let me know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:09 pm 

BUD wrote:
I would think a place that had buzztime years ago would be fresh to approach to see if they wanted to see what the options are currently including Buzztime Basic with no tablets. There may be a new manager or owner, I'd call it a new viable lead.

I'm now approved to submit leads so if anyone has a bar to suggest please let me know.

Can you kindly submit this place? It seems like a good fit. While selfish me is only interested in the new one in Austin its a DFW chain with 3 locations in that area and a new one being built from the ground up in Austin. It's not open yet, but 80% finished. I don't know if they would have to pick up all 4 or just the new Austin location, but if they can sign all 4, more power to them. It's in the same complex as a now defunct Bennigans I played at for years and across the freeway from a BWW corporate site that just dumped, and I have met many of good players in this area over a 15 year period who are needing a new place in the area.

https://pinstackbowl.com/locations/austin-texas/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

bejoe wrote:
BUD wrote:

Can you kindly submit this place? It seems like a good fit. While selfish me is only interested in the new one in Austin its a DFW chain with 3 locations in that area and a new one being built from the ground up in Austin. It's not open yet, but 80% finished. I don't know if they would have to pick up all 4 or just the new Austin location, but if they can sign all 4, more power to them. It's in the same complex as a now defunct Bennigans I played at for years and across the freeway from a BWW corporate site that just dumped, and I have met many of good players in this area over a 15 year period who are needing a new place in the area.

https://pinstackbowl.com/locations/austin-texas/

Sounds like a good place for BT. I looked at the website for Pin Stack and it does seem like a gaming theme, lots of space etc.

All I could find for this under construction Austin store was a phone number that was the same as the current Los Colinas store.
I would need a contact name of a manager and their email address as well as their phone number. Maybe calling the Los Colinas store and asking around could provide the name and contact info of a descion maker for the chain?

The problem with just using the basic store info, like in submitting locations on the BT website, is the sales call/email from BT never gets to the right person. This PartnerStack program depends on Players finding the correct manager name and good contact info for possible new locations in their towns. This usually entails going into possible new BT locations a few times to get to the right GM name and their info not the main store phn number. I'm still having trouble with that on my top prospect for Gaithersburg MD which is a chain.