New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SUMMARY OF AN ONGOING TOPIC: BUZZTIME I HOPE YOU ARE READING
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:10 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Hi All,

I assume anyone reading this is a devotee of the game and wants it to succeed. Speaking for myself, I want it to succeed--it's competitive, it's fun, it gives us a reason to get together in fellowship at each location and to an extent across locations. The questions are generally good and the mix up of games good as well.

During these times, Buzztime has also done very well to get games as close to the bar experience on our private hardware so we can play even while apart. I know there have been some technical glitches, but thank you Buzztime for all you are doing in this area. I would suggest two additional things.

1. Change the access range to log onto a particular location from 20 to 30 miles (25 if that makes a difference). Here in Chicago for example, with many players and locations spread across some miles of highway, a little more leeway there could keep teams together.
2. Whatever can be done to add Showdown and Spotlight, and to a lesser extent Ask It Already and Speed Freaks, to the games offered 'at home' through the app would be greatly appreciated. Showdown and Spotlight are the two highlights of the week for players here.

On the other and, what can we do? Buzztime is in business. I for one am happy to pay any reasonable subscriber fee to log on through the app and if Buzztime can sell advertising, I support that too.

Here's hoping for better days ahead.

Post subject: Re: SUMMARY OF AN ONGOING TOPIC: BUZZTIME I HOPE YOU ARE REA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 pm 
Moons of Uranus

I would like to emphasize point number 1 here, the range needs to be increased to at least 30 miles, the point of doing this was to allow everyone to play at home during this time, and that is not the case with only a 20 mile radius.

If for some reason this can’t be done, they need to allow home installs for the parts of the country they’re not able to provide access to the game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:35 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

i will second the request to extend the radius to 30 miles. likewise i would pay for a subscription as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Keep in mind BT is now on more shaky financial ground than ever with both the "going concern notice" and the "delisting warning".
Then you have many locations asking to drop very recently as they have to close, I believe BT has still left most of those accounts on and running for now but won't get any revenue from them.

Showdown and Spotlight "are in the works" but now who knows how long that will take with the stay at home orders in CA. Very time intensive to write those 2 games for whatever reasons. The games not already on the tablets have no chance of making it to the app.

Enjoy the games while you can, if you can. Get a location app if you need to. Ask MR Z and TURTLE among others about that.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!