New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trying to figure out location's status
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:16 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Jim/COOGS and I have been eagerly anticipating getting back into playing on Tuesday nights at Coaches Pub. I've occasionally checked on the location's status through the past months, and it has always showed up with photos when I searched on the BT sitefinder for Houston locations.

But now it doesn't come up if I search under city/state or zipcode. It does come up sans the usually three images if I search under its name. However I went through the game stats and no one has played there since March 16. Perhaps more alarming one of the regulars has been playing but elsewhere.

I would assume if they'd dropped the system entirely that they still wouldn't have a page, but I'm not sure how to interpret this weird limbo they seem to be in. I can reach out to them via FB message, but having had a very bad experience the last time I tried to inquire about a location's status (where the manager did just plain lied to me that everything was fine even though they were being cut off for failure to pay), I wondered if anywhere here had experienced this before with a location and how it was resolved.

Brooke/AARDVK

Post subject: Re: Trying to figure out location's status
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:52 pm 
Lotsa Posta

First of all, the site finder is pretty bad. For example, one can type in the city/state/zip info and get a number of sites. Often there are other sites have had the games for years that aren't mentioned. If I know the site's name, I just search by that name.

As far as info about the site, it is badly out of date. As you seem to have done by searching for game stats, that's fairly accurate. There are sites still listed that hasn't been active since 2020.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I would say after looking at Coaches Pub’s info that they are among the bars cut off for non payment. There are several in MD that appear the same way with a distinct cut off date across all popular games. They do still show up in some sitefinder searches but not the important location search one. I then tried connecting remotely and Coaches was not listed on the app thus cementing the idea that they are dead. BT is leaving them in the sitefinder with a page hoping they will pay up.

How about Ron’s pub? They look to be in good working order.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:57 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BUD wrote:
I would say after looking at Coaches Pub’s info that they are among the bars cut off for non payment. There are several in MD that appear the same way with a distinct cut off date across all popular games. They do still show up in some sitefinder searches but not the important location search one. I then tried connecting remotely and Coaches was not listed on the app thus cementing the idea that they are dead. BT is leaving them in the sitefinder with a page hoping they will pay up.

How about Ron’s pub? They look to be in good working order.

Thanks, BUD, for looking into it. Your conclusion iswhat I was worried about; I will contact Coaches via FB and not ask any question about the status of the system that might provoke what happened when I poked SRO on the issue, but indicate that we will shortly be able to return to playing inside, in the hopes that might remind them that the system brought in regular customers before COVID became a factor. Maybe if eGames takes over it can find a way to get particularly long-time locations back. Assuming they are looking for new locations, it's so much easier to retain a current customer than talk a new one into getting it that it would be well worth their fully recognizing that the system didn't bring Coaches much value when so many of its customers were concerned with safety.

We've played at Ron's Pub a couple of times, and it's probably no further an Uber ride from our house than Coaches was; before the main problem was that it didn't serve food, but I see now that there's a decent hamburger place next door. There's a place called Texas T Tavern that's almost exactly the same distance from us where we've gone for Playback; as we can play from tablets from their patio while Jim's immunity from second dose is still building up, we've invited the rest of the Coaches team to join us there next Tuesday to see if it works. However, that's a longer drive for them than Ron's would be, so I'm not sure even if it's great that they'll want to make it our permanent spot. There's also another place we used to go to for live trivia called the Hot Dog Shop that's a little farther away but not much.

At one time, Houston had over 60 locations within the city limits. Now we're down to 3. If eGames is going to keep a system going, it's definitely going to have to put some real time and effort into it.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:41 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

UPDATE: Very happy to report that Coaches Pub is again showing up in the sitefinder and with people playing yesterday. Not sure whether we'll be there tomorrow for Showdown or stick with our former plan to go to a place where we can play outside while Jim/COOGS finishes building up his immunity, but for sure we'll be there next week.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

AARDVK wrote:
UPDATE: Very happy to report that Coaches Pub is again showing up in the sitefinder and with people playing yesterday. Not sure whether we'll be there tomorrow for Showdown or stick with our former plan to go to a place where we can play outside while Jim/COOGS finishes building up his immunity, but for sure we'll be there next week.

Brooke/AARDVK

Great news--glad to hear it!

The Red Fox patio is opening in May, so we may be getting together for the first time in more than a year then.