New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Signs of new life
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:43 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Thanks, that score is more about stale questions than it is about amazing Oscar knowledge on my part.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 2:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BuzztimeGO will be having a May the fourth event. Once again, it would be nice to see something annouced about the regular feed.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 6:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Is Topix moving to Friday/Saturday next week or did they just ness up the dates?

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 8:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
Is Topix moving to Friday/Saturday next week or did they just ness up the dates?

Looks like a typo. That listing and 2 other places still say Thur/Fri. There would have been announcements if they were moving Topix.

Another sign of life, and I hope I’m not jinxing anything, is that Playback has been correct for several weeks now.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

So now that pretty much the entire team has been stabbed, we planned our in-person return to Red Fox for this coming week, when they officially open their outdoor patio.

I did a little recon on Wednesday this week to find out how many boxes are functioning, and found that six of them would not turn on at all, and another two had chronically-low batteries. I notified our excellent manager about this, and told her that until we get the non-functional ones replaced, we would be playing on Wednesdays (we had always played on Tuesdays, but with the app not supporting Showdown, we wanted to pick a night when everyone could play). I was thinking that with any luck, maybe we could shift to Tuesdays again in a month or two.

To my utter surprise, I received a text from our manager overnight telling me that she had already received the replacement boxes. I'm still a little bit in shock. We will still be playing on Wednesday this week because that is what we had planned, but I think we'll be moving back to Tuesdays the week after.

Thanks to our Manager Deanna, and to Buzztime for the prompt attention to this issue!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Good to know that buzztime is improving in some areas. Now by boxes you aren't talking about the old blue boxes, you mean tablets right? I know you would never get boxes back that quick, but tablets they have plenty of. In fact I heard they aren't doing much or possibly any blue box servicing. However, I think it was Danny Ks that did get some replaced a year ago. So who knows?

Time to work on getting the McCarthy Cup going before it's time for the next Thur SIX tourney.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 5:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Good to know that buzztime is improving in some areas. Now by boxes you aren't talking about the old blue boxes, you mean tablets right?

Right, tablets. While I figured that BT must have had a large inventory of the tablets from all of the ones retrieved from BWW, the fact that it took only two days from request to receipt was impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:10 pm 
Dodecaposter

Harry Buffalo in North Olmsted, Ohio has been using old tablets forever although they still worked. By my thoughts they were 2nd generation boxes, the 1st gen were the green/blue push button boxes. The bar was having connection problems so their local IT guy called Buzztime. Not only did Buzztime fix the issues they immediately sent new tablets to replace the old ones. Nearby West Park Station recently dropped Buzztime and those players are wandering around so hopefully we pick up some new players here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

DMACD wrote:
Harry Buffalo in North Olmsted, Ohio has been using old tablets forever although they still worked. By my thoughts they were 2nd generation boxes, the 1st gen were the green/blue push button boxes. The bar was having connection problems so their local IT guy called Buzztime. Not only did Buzztime fix the issues they immediately sent new tablets to replace the old ones. Nearby West Park Station recently dropped Buzztime and those players are wandering around so hopefully we pick up some new players here.

we won't be showing up at harry buffalo. we won some prizes there once and they kept them all.