New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Signs of new life
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

On Sunday 4/4 and today 4/5, the nightly sports game has had questions and after notes about Superbowl LV. This is the first I recognized as a "current event" question, since the "last writer signoff " thread.

Does this mean their is at least one new writer? Have the new overlords merged some of their old questions into our new questions?

Post subject: Re: Signs of new life
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 am 
Lotsa Posta

Any signs of life are appreciated. I hope, however, that Sports Q1, on Tuesday 4/6 is NOT an indication of what is to come "How many pounds of guacamole were consumed during the Super Bowl?". (Don't even remember which one. That is not even knowledge.

Also, there's at least a consensus in Chicago that enough's enough with old time hockey questions. At Teasers last night we were Champions with a bar average of 7418.

Last edited by Merkin on Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Merkin wrote:
Any signs of life are appreciated. I hope, however, that Sports Q1, on Tuesday 4/6 is NOT an indication of what is to come "How many pounds of guacamole were consumed during the Super bowl?". (Don't even remember which one. Tat is not even knowledge.

Also, there's at least a consensus in Chicago that enough's enough with old time hockey questions. At Teasers last night we were Champions with a bar average of 7418.

No more Eddie Shore?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:38 am 
Severus and Victorinus

Merkin wrote:
Any signs of life are appreciated. I hope, however, that Sports Q1, on Tuesday 4/6 is NOT an indication of what is to come "How many pounds of guacamole were consumed during the Super bowl?". (Don't even remember which one. Tat is not even knowledge.

I agree with Lorin!!

Ray J.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:58 pm 
Lotsa Posta

So they switched last night to Major League Soccer questions from the 90s. Congrats to Primetime, Tampa for edging Walsh's by 227 points.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:02 am 
Lotsa Posta

Overjoyed to have Buzztime working and hopefully returning to glory. The nightly sports game, however.....

On Tuesday night, one question in the Sports round was about William James. the last French, I swear, was in French.

Last night (Wed), one question was 'What is otitis media?' and another was 'What was Gerardus Mercator famous for?'. They had two sports questions asking about the results of 'yesterday's' NFL games. And one question were the clues were just dots.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:18 pm 
Centenarian

Merkin wrote:
Overjoyed to have Buzztime working and hopefully returning to glory. The nightly sports game, however.....

On Tuesday night, one question in the Sports round was about William James. the last French, I swear, was in French.

Last night (Wed), one question was 'What is otitis media?' and another was 'What was Gerardus Mercator famous for?'. They had two sports questions asking about the results of 'yesterday's' NFL games. And one question were the clues were just dots.

Sigh.

You are not mistaken. I did a double take when both questions came up.
Do they even have a French version of the game? The first place I ever played NTN was at the Peel Pub in Montreal, but it was all in English.

Griff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:56 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

griff wrote:
You are not mistaken. I did a double take when both questions came up.
Do they even have a French version of the game? The first place I ever played NTN was at the Peel Pub in Montreal, but it was all in English.

Griff

They must've had a Spanish game at some point as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:51 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

We have a French speaker and a couple or three of Spanish speakers on our team, so we're prepared. Be thankful that the questions are still appearing at all. Recruit!
XT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:11 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Ruhro... I'm on the naughty list. Although, I do like the start, "There's a new sherrif in town." and the signature, " The PlayersPlus Pirates of Buzztime"

So, apparently galavanting the buzzyverse is no longer acceptable-ish.
I'm pretty sure one player has already been hit by the ban hammer.

"There’s a new sheriff in town. Your account has been flagged for suspicious activity.

Your account is at risk and all of your PlayersPlus points will be taken hostage if this continues. Sometimes our spam-detecting systems miss the mark and you were accidentally flagged in the process.….so play nice.

Buzztime is an exclusive in-venue system that relies on patronage. Our locations really need your help to get back on their feet, please play while seated within the bar/restaurant.

Buzztime GO is a little bit of trivia you can play at home, it is not Six, Showdown, or Spotlight… those are waiting for you at your favorite location.

See you ~fairly~ on the leaderboards!

- The PlayersPlus Pirates of Buzztime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

That’s a new tactic from BT. I wonder what gets this warning email sent your way?
Zzuupp what do you think put you on the list?

Was it Bouncing around to many different bars remotely? Or being signed into 2 bars at the same time with 2 accounts? Or were you just playing remotely at 1 bar? Or does it have to do with P+ points shenanigans since that’s how the email was signed?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:
That’s a new tactic from BT. I wonder what gets this warning email sent your way?
Zzuupp what do you think put you on the list?

Was it Bouncing around to many different bars remotely? Or being signed into 2 bars at the same time with 2 accounts? Or were you just playing remotely at 1 bar? Or does it have to do with P+ points shenanigans since that’s how the email was signed?

Could be all. I've rotating around playing a few games here and then there and somewhere else and back to "here" again. I've also played multiple feeds under my handle: Regular trivia somewhere, and sports Triv in South Carolina. And getting a round or virtual buzztime between games.

And yes, all of these combined amass P+ points more than actually being at the sandbar.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Ah, so it could be any or all of the above.
You mentioned someone being banned by BT, who was that?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:

https://www.buzztime.com/players/profile/rt/14627528

This appears to be a former player whose history has been almost completely erased. They had been playing across 3 or 4 locations simultaneously every afternoon every day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:54 pm 
Himself Fodder

Neat. You skip around gaming the system you deserve to lose your account. Can’t wait to see 8 or 9 figure accounts get the hammer.

There should be a way to narc on these dufii. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zzuupp wrote:
BUD wrote:

https://www.buzztime.com/players/profile/rt/14627528

This appears to be a former player whose history has been almost completely erased. They had been playing across 3 or 4 locations simultaneously every afternoon every day.

Oh That would look like Stang. I did see him get an impossible amount of perfect scores whenever I was playing during the day. You weren’t too far behind him. ;)

I haven’t played during the day in a few weeks so I didn’t notice Stang was gone since the 12th. I’m sure he has plenty of other accounts. I’ll have to play tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:22 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

BUD wrote:

Oh That would look like Stang. I did see him get an impossible amount of perfect scores whenever I was playing during the day. You weren’t too far behind him. ;)

I haven’t played during the day in a few weeks so I didn’t notice Stang was gone since the 12th. I’m sure he has plenty of other accounts. I’ll have to play tomorrow.

If he's has an alt, at least it appears that he's not multi-siting anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

When I played some LT today I did not see Stang or any name from that area of MI/ON so you are probably right.
Didn’t see Deathdealer from N. Va either. Only saw Len from DE once in 6 games and his score was much lower than what he was doing. There were probably plenty of other missing regular names that didn’t pop into my mind. You would probably know better what names are missing in the last few days.

Hopefully Ugg and a few others at Danny Ks in CA will be on the hit list for Sat. Night.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:25 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Further signs of new life:

Cameron's, Half Moon Bay, CA has a bunch of new tablets now, replacing a lot of battery-fattened barely-working ones. All the replacements have come in the last few weeks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rackme32 wrote:
Further signs of new life:

Cameron's, Half Moon Bay, CA has a bunch of new tablets now, replacing a lot of battery-fattened barely-working ones. All the replacements have come in the last few weeks.

This is very good to know--thanks! Most of Red Fox's boxes are out of commission, but the manager has (understandably) not been motivated to send them back because of past spotty service. I'll have to drop by and try to convince her to try again.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:27 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Oscar Trivia-Got an email for a special Oscar Trivia game on Sunday April 25th. That's exciting. I remember going to the bar with the wife 15-20 years ago and spending the evening watching the Oscars and playing a live Oscar trivia game; then they quit doing it. It was quite the anticipated event back in the day. This is hopeful. Now they just need to add local sites to play.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:04 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Jim wrote:
Oscar Trivia-Got an email for a special Oscar Trivia game on Sunday April 25th. That's exciting. I remember going to the bar with the wife 15-20 years ago and spending the evening watching the Oscars and playing a live Oscar trivia game; then they quit doing it. It was quite the anticipated event back in the day. This is hopeful. Now they just need to add local sites to play.

every little bit helps.

On Fridays sports quiz, there were a lot of questions about the 2021 NCAA tourney

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

That Oscar trivia set of games in the email is on the new single player buzztime GO app not in the bars like in the old days. We also enjoyed the live Oscar game of many years ago.

They are pushing this GO app a little too much.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:33 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

The Buzztime GO academy awards "event" was a bit underwhelming. On the plus side, there were fresh questions about the 2021 nominees. Probably, there were other fresh questions as well.

There were plenty from the pool. This in itself is understood. However, as the evening went on many questions got repeated, sometimes more than once. My scores started at about 5K and ended it up in the 8K's.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zzuupp wrote:
The Buzztime GO academy awards "event" was a bit underwhelming. On the plus side, there were fresh questions about the 2021 nominees. Probably, there were other fresh questions as well.

There were plenty from the pool. This in itself is understood. However, as the evening went on many questions got repeated, sometimes more than once. My scores started at about 5K and ended it up in the 8K's.

I noticed in the announcement that you made the top 5 for the evening--congrats!