New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Don Denton Site Renewal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Most of you probably know and have used the massive NTN/Buzztime database and statistics that Don Denton has been keeping for the last 25 years. On it you will find detailed records of pretty much every premium game played since 2002, and for Showdown back to 1997. It is an invaluable resource for all of Buzztime-dom.

Don has been keeping this going on his own time--and his own dime--for a quarter of a century, but feels that it is unsustainable to keep doing so. The two-year renewal for website hosting fees is about $505 and is coming due soon. I agree with him that it is unreasonable to expect him to keep footing the entire bill for this if the community wants to keep this resource going.

All of this is to say that if you would like to keep 25 years of trivia data available to everyone, you should consider donating some money to the cause. He has a "Donate" button on the lower right-hand portion of his homepage, and will accept any donations through PayPal:

https://ntn.donrdenton.com/

If you don't have PayPal but would still like to donate, please PM me and we can arrange to have a check sent to him instead.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Don Denton Site Renewal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:02 pm 
Lotsa Posta

As I have said previously, Teasers/Walsh's will contribute. I urge all other players and locations interested in Bzztime history and stats to help out as well.

Post subject: Re: Don Denton Site Renewal
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I can contribute to the cause. Thank you all who contributed to keeping this site going.

$500 seems high for 2 years. Don might want to shop around for a better price before renewing. Or at least talk to the current hosting company about matching other hosting company’s prices.

When I was taking over Scaratings, which is hosted on I Power, I got 2 years for around $250. That is just this PHP site so maybe Don’s site requires more? Migrating wouldn’t be too difficult I’d hope, if he needs to.

I Power had been excellent so far. No outages since I took over from Scott.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!