New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Gameplay at Streaming Bars (no boxes)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have been trying to play at a few streaming only bars, with no boxes or tablets. It’s bring your own phones and tablets. I would like to recommend the $25 streaming package to new bars that don’t want to pay the full elite 10 tablet price but I’m not sure the game experience is similar enough yet. What have you seen with the streaming bars?

The way to tell before you get there is on the games page it will show Buzztime Mini and no Showdown or Spotlight. Also the front page will show the old blue box icon instead of a tablet. Of course blue box bars don’t get BT Mini.

Obviously the 1st subject is no Showdown and no Spotlight as well as few other minor games that are in blue box bars only. Definitely terrible but if there’s nothing else around for 40 miles it would make do.

2nd, the actual games seem the same as far as I’ve seen. Anybody seen differences? There does not seem to be any lag, in the few I’ve been to, compared to box or tablet bars.

3rd, the rankings. Here there seems to be big problems. The bar rankings only show the top 10. The individual rankings show the top 10 with multiple players from the same bar. Sometimes you get only streaming bar players other times it’s with the regular network bars. Maybe depending on time and game?

4th, getting the game on a tv. Very few have any clue about getting the games on a tv. We’ve had to play just off our IPads/phones. The streaming service small computer box has a HDMI port to hook up 1 tv but no bars use it. They assume players don’t need a tv because it’s all on their own devices. Anyone seen the games on a tv?

If the rankings could be joined with the regular network all the time and show top 20 and 1 player per bar it is worth recommending at $25.

What have you seen with games and rankings, either in person or remote at any streaming bar?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Post subject: Re: Gameplay at Streaming Bars (no boxes)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:59 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

That option is unappealing for all of those reasons. I want rando strangers to see what I'm doing. Otherwise I just look like anybody else hunched over their own device doing who knows what. I am indeed 100 miles from the nearest location. One of these opening in my city might get me in once just to prove I don't like it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

whales wrote:
That option is unappealing for all of those reasons. I want rando strangers to see what I'm doing. Otherwise I just look like anybody else hunched over their own device doing who knows what. I am indeed 100 miles from the nearest location. One of these opening in my city might get me in once just to prove I don't like it.

Hey Whales, getting the games on a TV would be the easiest thing to fix. If you went a few times and found the manager I’m sure you could talk to him about hooking a hdmi cord up to a TV. That’s a simple fix that most of the bars don’t realize is possible or just skip it.

The small streaming computer box comes in a box via Fed Ex and is up to the manager to self install. Obviously in a hurry they seem to not hook it to a tv, just get power and WiFi to it.

My concerns are more with only showing top 10 rankings and showing multiple players from same bar.

As far as strangers seeing what we’re doing. We had all kinds of people including bar staff asking why we had 6 iPads lined up all showing the same thing as we shouted answers to each other. A very similar experience to tablet bars except no tv. (Manager we needed to speak with was day time only) Keep in mind the iPad screens are much bigger than any BT tablet and we had one vertical on a stand and it could be seen by many people.

It’s all a work in progress and I hope the rankings can be adjusted and made the same as elite bars.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:47 am 
Centenarian

I see people on Tuesday and Friday nights log off and head to another bar farther away from their home or they go home since they can’t play SD and SL at the streaming bar. Sometimes it looks like a mass exodus and the bar becomes empty. Also I noticed that before the 3rd clue appears on the phone, the message “time’s almost up” appears first and you are lucky to get 100 points instead of the normal 230 points at a tablet bar.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Checking to see if people are playing at these streaming no box bars in person or remote? I have done both and still not liking the rankings that haven't changed since introduction. If this is the way BT wants us to play in the future it doesn't look that great.

Still only 10 bars being shown and sometimes they are just the streaming bars and sometimes all bars. The player rankings are still just 10 and include more than just winners from each bar, it's all players, one time 8 were from 1 bar.

One time I was texting with a player at another bar at rankings time and they did not see the streaming bar I was in which was shown in my bar and should have been seen in the tablet bar by score but wasn't. So it seems rankings are still seem very incomplete. The next day the streaming bar scores were in the HOF.

Any comments from players that play at or remote into the streaming app only bars? What do you see in the rankings?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I played one Countdown game at the sole location in NYC last October., and it did have a TV on the game.
Even though I was the only person playing, I kept seeing other, fake scores showing up on the local leaderboard,
which I found bizarre. I also noticed that the TV showed all kinds of graphics absent from the Buzztime app. I quickly
determined this wasn't a satisfactory place for a team to play, but that was because it was too small to handle a team and too
far away for the vast majority of our players. I am in the vicinity fairly often for other reasons, but it takes me around 90 minutes to get there
one-way taking two subway lines and a bus.

I just took a look at their activity board, and the vast majority of games played are from handles I know are playing the game remotely. Local activity
is not negligible, but pretty low, not enough to justify even $25 a week.

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville