New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Badbart
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:45 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I have not been on Badbart since mail server days, and things have changed. It is now on Facebook, it is a private group, and it doesn't seem like they are accepting new members, unlike the other Buzztime Facebook page.

When I go to that Facebook page, there is a "Join Group" button, but when I
click it, I get a "Your membership is pending" message. Weeks later, that message is still there.

Is there anything else I can do about this? A Mark D. Hess is listed as an administrator, would sending a message to him be helpful?

Some background on how this group operates these days would be very helpful. Why is it a private group? If they are not accepting new members, why is that?

This is a matter of some import to Scarating members because all sorts of things are being claimed are being said and done by Badbart members, but no one outside of that group can see them, verify them or see in what context they were said.

If joining is out of the question, could anyone be kind enough to reproduce any threads pertaining to hybrid play or the McCarthy Cup here? Thanks!

“When I see the right and the ability to do everything granted to any power whatsoever, whether it is called people or king, democracy or aristocracy . . ., I say: there is the seed of tyranny, and I seek to go live under other laws.” --de Tocqueville

Post subject: Re: Badbart
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:22 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I imagine it has only been a private group in order to limit the membership and discussion to those involved with Buzztme, instead of random messages from throughout facebook.

I am unaware that the group would be not accepting new members. It should, given the requirement above. I have seen no secret 'members only' messages.

Does anyone know who the current site adminidstrator is on facebook?

Post subject: Re: Badbart
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I was able to get on that group last fall, during the annual Six (MUDEE) tournament. It took a few weeks though. Maybe even a month or two. I didn’t know anyone on Badbart, but I ultimately received a notice of being accepted to the group.

Based on this, I would say they are accepting new members but be prepared to wait.

— RWM