New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Snapshot of current Buzztime sites and players
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:50 pm 
Hitter's Number

This is kind of a continuance of Scar's most boring thread from years past....

With the recent changes to the Buzztime app, adding QB1 and new Buzztime Go and Bets apps, I thought I'd try and take a snapshot of the current Buzztime sites and players. Partly out of curiosity and partly for future comparison.

It took a couple days last week to pull in the data so it's not an exact comparison but it's close.
The player and site data was taken from the Top Trivia Locations section of the HOF (https://www.buzztime.com/hof-sites) and the active players at closed sites were taken from the Countdown and Lunchtime Trivia Top Trivia Players section (https://www.buzztime.com/hof-players/87/all/all). There are players that haven't played countdown or lunchtime and still have their points at a closed site, which wouldn't have been captured here.

I wanted to know how many active Buzztime sites are there? How many active players have hit 1M PP+ points? How many of those players still play but kept their points at a closed site? Which site has the most players with 1M+ points?

Overall 1155 sites were included: 725 active Buzztime sites and 430 closed sites. There were 5,687 active players with at least 1 million PlayersPlus points. (Congrats to SLIDRS at OakTree Lanes in Diamond Bar, CA for being the most recent.) The Top200 ranges from 273,144,600 to 35,806,200, and 23 of the Top200 have no active play in the last 6 months. 887 players with at least 1M points play from sites that are closed.

Here's a breakdown of how many are in each range:

FL has the most active sites with 106. TX is 2nd with 76 sites. In Canada, ON has 33 with AB and BC tied with 10 sites.
RI and VT have no Buzztime sites. UT only has 1. KY, MA, and HI have 2 sites each. There are 9 Provinces in CA with no active BT site.
Surprisingly NY only has 4 active sites.

Here is the spreadsheet if anyone wants to take a look. The 1st tab is an extended version of the top200, so you can see approximately where you'd be systemwide. There are tabs for each State/Province showing all the players and sites (open and closed). I started off with hyperlinks to all the sites and players but the monotony was overwhelming. I tried to at least get the sites.
(https://1drv.ms/x/s!AtZhJ29ArBNMihSITNZr46GZyuet?e=mzBTs6)

As for which site had the most active players with 1M points, Torrey Pines in Las Vegas has 1 more than Primetime in Tampa.

It was good to see there are still active players from sites that closed years and years ago still grinding it out at a trivia box somewhere.

Post subject: Re: Snapshot of current Buzztime sites and players
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Great stuff JeradC. I’ll have to look at the numbers closer and I’ll look for a thread from 2 or 3 years ago about numbers of active bars at that time.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

Post subject: Re: Snapshot of current Buzztime sites and players
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 pm 
Colt

Wow, that's a lot of information! It's fun to look through the lists.