New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: F-ing Car Questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Is any one else seeing car questions in just about every BT/CD game?!?!

There seemed to be at least one freaking car question in every game I played this weekend. The one about which 60's car had a spotlight on top of it--(Winnie Cooper or Mini Cooper, forget which it was), which car did Ringo Starr own, who invented the rear mounted engine, this color was available for Corvettes in 1959, which car of the 1930s was called the Queen of the Road, which car made its debut at an auto show in 1989...I mean, WTF! Those are just the one's I remember!

Where are all of those Wyatt Earp questions from a few years back when I need one?

Post subject: Re: F-ing Car Questions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:12 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

tiefly wrote:

There seemed to be at least one freaking car question in every game I played this weekend. The one about which 60's car had a spotlight on top of it--(Winnie Cooper or Mini Cooper, forget which it was), which car did Ringo Starr own, who invented the rear mounted engine, this color was available for Corvettes in 1959, which car of the 1930s was called the Queen of the Road, which car made its debut at an auto show in 1989...I mean, WTF! Those are just the one's I remember!

Where are all of those Wyatt Earp questions from a few years back when I need one?

Quit complaining - I lost a perfect on not knowing which old West figure died of natural causes - and IIRC you got the gold on that game even with a car question (I may have the games mixed up - I don't have that kind of timestamped memory) ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rhino wrote:
tiefly wrote:

Quit complaining - I lost a perfect on not knowing which old West figure died of natural causes - and IIRC you got the gold on that game even with a car question (I may have the games mixed up - I don't have that kind of timestamped memory) ;)

I lost a 10K game on the Whichever Cooper question. Bat Masterson I know.

Does the name of the VW in the Walt Disney movies count as a car question? Saw that one, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 am 
U > 100 * 2

Rhino wrote:

Doc Holliday? At least that was the first name that popped in my head.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:15 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Tiamat wrote:
Rhino wrote:

Doc Holliday? At least that was the first name that popped in my head.

Well of the options listed it was Bat Masterson, who apparently became a journalist/editor later. I of course had no fricking clue but got it on second guess for somehwere in 400s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:15 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

tiefly wrote:
Rhino wrote:
tiefly wrote:

I lost a 10K game on the Whichever Cooper question. Bat Masterson I know.

Does the name of the VW in the Walt Disney movies count as a car question? Saw that one, too.

I saw that VW question a couple of weeks ago.

The last time I played (Thurday after SIX), I didn't see any car questions..but my most recent afternoon sessions did have one per game. Maybe it varies by time of day?

I'd rather have a car question than an extra more movie/music/tv question per game..or the so-called business questions. Also I prefer car questions to the inane "where would you find a nozzle?" sort of question, that we've been getting from time to time in the 10 question games

Although I get nearly every car question for full points, I agree that every game seems a little too often. Maybe one car question per hour or 90 minutes would be better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:02 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Yes, there are a lot of car questions.

They're just 0s for me. I don't give a flying shit about cars, and am not wasting brain cells trying to remember who made what car when.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm 
Centenarian

Dante wrote:

They're just 0s for me. I don't give a flying shit about cars, and am not wasting brain cells trying to remember who made what car when.

Agree, that time would be better spent learning all the Nobel Prize winners and their specialty :)

Tiefly, just go Citroen and you'll be fine (most of the time)...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:

To each his own. I would rather have car questions than pop music questions. I am not going to waste brain cells either on trying to remember "who did the 2003 cover of the 1989 no 1 hit?".

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

focus wrote:
Dante wrote:

Agree, that time would be better spent learning all the Nobel Prize winners and their specialty :)

I went with Citroen when Mini Cooper was the correct answer...EGADS!!!

Didn't see as many car questions in the two hours I played (poorly) yesterday., but did have to guess at a Child Molester Allen movie question.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Dante wrote:

To each his own. I would rather have car questions than pop music questions. I am not going to waste brain cells either on trying to remember "who did the 2003 cover of the 1989 no 1 hit?".

I'm with Frank on this one. Bring on more car questions! Screw the rap crap & Spears/Lohan type questions.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 am 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
focus wrote:
Dante wrote:

I went with Citroen when Mini Cooper was the correct answer...EGADS!!!

Didn't see as many car questions in the two hours I played (poorly) yesterday., but did have to guess at a Child Molester Allen movie question.

Quit yer bitchin! :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
I see car questions in 90-95% of the games I play. Including this evening two car questions in a ten question game, crazy. :/

I do not play as much as you, so I seldom see car questions, but gd music questions are in every game I play.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

focus wrote:

Yeah lets choose that unless otherwise. I do all the time.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO