New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Buddies features
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:36 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Dante was telling me about some of the features BT would be rolling out based on the last BT conference call, such as challenging other players to specific matches and buddies rankings.

Well, when I went to my profile and my buddies on BT, I had set up a few buds way back, They had rankings for selectable games, so i chose SciFiles and Dante had a gold medal, Muadib silver and Tim a bronze. Copied the top 4 below.

I see the point, but Scar wasn't listed; I would think you would set up buddies then be included in the group rankings.

Rank Name Average
Score Games
Played Message Remove
0001 1st Dante

"DANTE "Dante
Indigo Joes Louisville
Louisville, KY 12,209 23
0002 2nd Muadib

"MUADIB"Muadib
Indigo Joes Louisville
Louisville, KY 12,140 15
0003 3rd Tim1

"TIM"Tim1
TGI Fridays Louisville
Louisville, KY 12,055 20
0004 4 Jesse

"JESSE"Jesse
Buffalo Wild Wings Dixi Highway
Louisville, KY 10,606 10

Post subject: Re: New Buddies features
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

When I went to the "Buddies" section, it told me I was "unpopular", since I didn't have any buddies.

Like I didn't already know that I'm unpopular!

I might try to add BOTFLY, but will probably be turned down by that bat rastard.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:05 am 
Centenarian

Just add yourself as a buddy. It seemed to added me when it was updated.
scar wrote:
Dante was telling me about some of the features BT would be rolling out based on the last BT conference call, such as challenging other players to specific matches and buddies rankings.

Well, when I went to my profile and my buddies on BT, I had set up a few buds way back, They had rankings for selectable games, so i chose SciFiles and Dante had a gold medal, Muadib silver and Tim a bronze. Copied the top 4 below.

I see the point, but Scar wasn't listed; I would think you would set up buddies then be included in the group rankings.

Rank Name Average
Score Games
Played Message Remove
0001 1st Dante

"DANTE "Dante
Indigo Joes Louisville
Louisville, KY 12,209 23
0002 2nd Muadib

"MUADIB"Muadib
Indigo Joes Louisville
Louisville, KY 12,140 15
0003 3rd Tim1

"TIM"Tim1
TGI Fridays Louisville
Louisville, KY 12,055 20
0004 4 Jesse

"JESSE"Jesse
Buffalo Wild Wings Dixi Highway
Louisville, KY 10,606 10

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It added me when I added BOTFLY.

Looks like it shows comparative averages for all of the games for yourself and your buddies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:26 am 
Centenarian

I have 37 buddies.
BTW you are third behind Clevr and Deathdealer.
tiefly wrote:

Looks like it shows comparative averages for all of the games for yourself and your buddies.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

IMHERE wrote:
I have 37 buddies.
tiefly wrote:

Those dang Jims!!! I'm thinking conspiracy!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:02 am 
Himself Fodder

IMHERE wrote:

That jackass CLEVR doesn't count, just like that douchebag ROGUE from your area.

BO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 am 
Lord of Scaratings

IMHERE wrote:
Just add yourself as a buddy. It seemed to added me when it was updated

How do you add yourself ?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
IMHERE wrote:
Just add yourself as a buddy. It seemed to added me when it was updated

How do you add yourself ?

It automatically added "tiefly" in when I added BOTFLY.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:19 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Does anybody know if others can see when they have been "buddied"? Like many folks I have people whom I use sometimes as a comparator - usually those of slightly better capability than my own to see if I can improve against them. I certainly mean it in a complimentary or at least respectful way, but I'm not sure if all of them would take it that way. Obviously I can do this comparison any time I like already but if this feature could make it easier and in one spot I would use it I think as slong as it caused no offense to my "buddies", some of whom have probably never heard of me and some of whom probably wish they hadn't.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:52 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Rhino wrote:
Does anybody know if others can see when they have been "buddied"? Like many folks I have people whom I use sometimes as a comparator - usually those of slightly better capability than my own to see if I can improve against them. I certainly mean it in a complimentary or at least respectful way, but I'm not sure if all of them would take it that way. Obviously I can do this comparison any time I like already but if this feature could make it easier and in one spot I would use it I think as slong as it caused no offense to my "buddies", some of whom have probably never heard of me and some of whom probably wish they hadn't.

There does not appear to be any way to find out if you had been added to someone else's buddy list.

Rhino, FYI I just added you as a buddy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dave, I didn't realize I was a "buddy" with Harry until he posted here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:52 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Thanks both. I will add some targets...woops sorry, buddies... and see how it works.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:09 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I believe buddies will have more implications in the near future...

Imagine broadcasting a message to your buddies of a competition tonight for Brainbusters, and to be able to determine wuickly after the game how everyone did.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

rhino wrote:

scar wrote:

Imagine broadcasting a message to your buddies of a competition tonight for Brainbusters, and to be able to determine quickly after the game how everyone did.

I suspect that this feature would make it easier for folks to retrieve results for future solofests, at the very least.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:02 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

spotes wrote:
rhino wrote:

scar wrote:

Imagine broadcasting a message to your buddies of a competition tonight for Brainbusters, and to be able to determine quickly after the game how everyone did.

I suspect that this feature would make it easier for folks to retrieve results for future solofests, at the very least.

Could make many more solofests an item for the future.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:40 pm 
Centenarian

I mainly did it to make it easier to PM people. I can just hit buddies and then PM.
tiefly wrote:
Dave, I didn't realize I was a "buddy" with Harry until he posted here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:02 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

OK I finally worked out how to add multiple buddies and got this going and is actualy quite fun albeit not immediately useful for solofests other than as a quick link to stats. I set it up for what I consider my target/peer/close challenger list and was pleasantly surprised how accurately my rough estimates came out to be.

I was a bit surprised that there is a fair amount of churn in who turns out to be target or peer or challenger in each game, but there was no overall surprise.

For full disclosure my list (in order of their appearance in the core BT game ranks) is MEGUMI, DAVE (Beef O'Bradys), PMAN, TIEFLY, BIGTEN (Okemos Old Chicago) HYRAX (Blarney Stone Toronto) GABBY (Ol' Mexico Roseville) and PADRE (Underdog Harrisburg). I came neither first nor last in that list in any game I care much about as a comparator.

Obviously I do not consider SPOTES and VISHNU and their ilk to be legitimate targets for my aspirations even solo, and most key teamers are not comparable either for obvious reasons, so excluding people from this list is not intended to be insulting - in some cases at least quite the opposite. If you are a mostly solo player and feel slighted I have ignored you based on these criteria please fell free to suggest I include you.

Thx IMHERE for the clue!

Last edited by Rhino on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm 
Centenarian

You can look though rankings and see them and do it that way.
Or Players search.
Rhino wrote:
OK maybe I am dense guys but I added a buddy and now cannot seem to find a way to add another. Manage buddies just has an option to remove and clicking my buddies again just takes me to a screen where I can rank myself against that single one in any game. I suspect it's simple but I am clueless here. How do I get back to add more than one?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Rhino wrote:
For full disclosure my list (in order of their appearance in the core BT game ranks) is MEGUMI, DAVE (Beef O'Bradys), PMAN, TIEFLY, BIGTEN (Okemos Old Chicago) HYRAX (Blarney Stone Toronto) GABBY (Ol' Mexico Roseville) and PADRE (Underdog Harrisburg). I came neither first nor last in that list in any game I care much about as a comparator.

a good choice of comparables.

HYRAX is the best current, regular player in Toronto and area. You can count on him to be at his home site on Tuesdays. Other nights he often plays at The Spotted Dick as well. It is less than 1 mile from his home site. Every two or three months, he does a sweep through the bars in my end of town and posts dominating scores on the leaderboards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 am 
King or Queen Postalot

Well, this prompted me to go through and add a bunch of people, mostly in Calgary. I've got a couple of you guys on the list, too, so my ego is kept in check