New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BWW Pick 'Em tiebreaker issue
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:16 am 

Here's a copy of the request I just sent to Buzztime for a tiebreaker issue that has me cheesed:

I have been playing this promotion this year and enjoy it. However, as of week 8 I have "lost" twice due to the tiebreaker. I would be fine with this if in fact I had actually lost. In both cases I'm referring to, I actually was the tiebreaker winner according to your rules. I was closer in total points scored for the Monday night game. Here is the section of your tiebreaker rules that I'm referring to:

In the event of national or local ties, the winner will be the player who enters the absolute closest prediction for the professional football game played on Monday night game score for the relevant week, using as many of the following, in order, as necessary to break the tie(s):
1. Total combined points of both teams in the professional football game played on Monday night.
2. Total points of the winning team in the professional football played on Monday night.
3. Total points of the losing team in the professional football played on Monday night.
4. If there is still a tie, Buzztime will select a winner at random (except where restricted or prohibited by law).

The two weeks I am calling into question are Week 4 and Week 8.

In Week 4, I tied user JENWAR (handle JENJON) with 8 points. For the tiebreaker she had 52 total points and I had 54. The total score of the game was 55. She finished in first place and I finished second. I don't get it. Now, I didn't complain that week because JENWAR is my wife and I was fine with her winning the $25 gift card as we will be sharing our winnings.

In Week 8, I tied user MEGLET (handle LDYRED) with 9 points. For the tiebreaker she had 51 total points and I had 47. The total score of the game was 47. She finished in first place and I finished second. Again, I don't get it.

Any light you can shed would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: BWW Pick 'Em tiebreaker issue
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

PHINS wrote:
Here's a copy of the request I just sent to Buzztime for a tiebreaker issue that has me cheesed:

I have been playing this promotion this year and enjoy it. However, as of week 8 I have "lost" twice due to the tiebreaker. I would be fine with this if in fact I had actually lost. In both cases I'm referring to, I actually was the tiebreaker winner according to your rules. I was closer in total points scored for the Monday night game. Here is the section of your tiebreaker rules that I'm referring to:

In the event of national or local ties, the winner will be the player who enters the absolute closest prediction for the professional football game played on Monday night game score for the relevant week, using as many of the following, in order, as necessary to break the tie(s):
1. Total combined points of both teams in the professional football game played on Monday night.
2. Total points of the winning team in the professional football played on Monday night.
3. Total points of the losing team in the professional football played on Monday night.
4. If there is still a tie, Buzztime will select a winner at random (except where restricted or prohibited by law).

In Week 4, I tied user JENWAR (handle JENJON) with 8 points. For the tiebreaker she had 52 total points and I had 54. The total score of the game was 55. She finished in first place and I finished second. I don't get it. Now, I didn't complain that week because JENWAR is my wife and I was fine with her winning the $25 gift card as we will be sharing our winnings.

In Week 8, I tied user MEGLET (handle LDYRED) with 9 points. For the tiebreaker she had 51 total points and I had 47. The total score of the game was 47. She finished in first place and I finished second. Again, I don't get it.

I've given up trying to figure out BT contest rules - i suspect they are just random picking - despite what the rules say

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

PHINS wrote:

I've given up trying to figure out BT contest rules - i suspect they are just random picking - despite what the rules say

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:21 pm 

I don't remember ever seeing this email and generally the BWW emails come to me and I pass them through... where did you send it to? Maybe something is off in the system.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:52 pm 

I submitted it through the Help section on the buzztime website Tuesday morning right before I posted here. I received the e-mail confirmation that my request had been received. Let me know if I need to submit something else or in a different way. Thanks KK.

krazikatt wrote:
I don't remember ever seeing this email and generally the BWW emails come to me and I pass them through... where did you send it to? Maybe something is off in the system.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:09 pm 

Nope, that's how you should be doing it!

Did you send it through the contests/promotions form? I am sorry if you did... seems there is a problem with that form so I'll be fixing that this afternoon!

I'll also forward along your email to see what the deal is.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:20 pm 

Yes, I did post it through the contests/promotions. I appreciate your attention KK.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:46 pm 

So it looks like you are correct based on the rules that are on our website... unfortunately the system is set up per the rules on the PDF. Not sure how 2 set of rules made it out there.

I'll be updating the site, but here are the rules it works from:

Tiebreaker
In order to break weekly ties, players will be asked to predict the
home team and away team scores of the last NFL game of the
week (usually Monday Night Football).
In the event of national or local ties, ties will be broken using the
following criteria:
1. Total points of winning team in MNF game
2. Total points of MNF game
3. Random selection

I'll PM you with a promo code to make it up to ya!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:39 am 

Thanks for the clarification KK. I guess I need to focus on getting my home team score prediction a bit more accurate!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:06 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

This is good to know since I hit the 27 spot on last night :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
This is good to know since I hit the 27 spot on last night :D

Last night's College...er...MNF game decide a tie 'tween my DJWOLF and my pal MUSSER on who win's the week 10 gift card.

We both got 9 picks right but since the eagles won, his MUSSER won.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO